“Very good location”

Ascott Makati
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Makati
“Very good location”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The location is the best, so close to everything. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with my 2 sisters, my husband and my 3yr old daughter. It was so accessible especially if you have a toddler with you. The service was excellent. The hotel is starting to get a bit old, needs some touch up, new paint in the room, and probably new furniture too. Shopping is so good, its just a few meters away, do not need to hire a car. Lastly, so close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this review, 4 November 2014
Thank you for choosing Ascott Makati as your accommodation during your holiday in Manila. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our
service and we are glad to know that the location of our property was to your advantage.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here again with a couple of friends for a getaway trip to asia. We found the stay really good, we could shop at the nearby supermarket and cook our own meals in the full kitchen. Rooms are nice, a little bit dated, but to be honest we were there to enjoy ourselves and party so we didn't really mind!

Room Tip: Wifi cuts out continuously, especially on the higher floors- get a prepaid sim card with mobile inte...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your excellent rating highlighting the strategic location of our property and the size of our apartments.
We are glad to know that the full kitchen in our serviced residence was to your advantage given that you’re able to prepare and cook your own meals.

Thank you very much for your support and we hope to welcome you back on your future visit to Manila.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We (my parents, my sister and her husband, my mother in law and my wife and two kids, 10 and 3 years old) stayed at the Ascott for 8 nights in a three bedroom apartment. We were very satisfied. Although some things need a little bit of a touch up overall our experience was great. We got really good service, the location is sensational and the apartment is huge. I highly recommend the Ascott specially for large families and long stays. It's very convenient. My only complaint being a balikbayan was not enough Filipino style breakfast over our stay. But that's just being picky. By the way my kids Lola, the mother in law stayed in the maid quarters. :-) no mother in law jokes please...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing and uploading you experience at Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you and your family are very happy with regards to your overall experience.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back here in Ascott Makati.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this location for almost 6 months. Very convenient location right above one of the major malls in Makati. Our rate included breakfast which was well worth it -- buffet style. Service was outstanding. With six months in the same unit, we had occasional issues with the room -- doors sticking, toilet clog, etc. -- just normal stuff, nothing major. Whenever we had an issue, the engineers were at the door literally within minutes of reporting the problem. I have stayed in many places in Makati, from the low end vacation rentals to the top end Shangri-la hotel and I would rate Ascott at the top of the list for value and service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for putting Ascott Makati on the top of your list for value and most specially service.

We look forward to welcome you back here in Ascott Makati.

New Jersey
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at this serviced apartment a couple of years ago and I should have learned my lesson from my past stay by not staying here. I was promised that all of the rooms were renovated and the issues from the past have been corrected, WRONG! First off I reserved a non-smoking 3 bedroom apartment for 2 weeks and we checked in and were escorted up to the room, it smelled like a bar room with a heavy stench of cigarette smoke. I was then told that the room they reserved for us which was non smoking had a problem with the air conditioning. They then said they would spray the room which did nothing and they then sent a room deionizer which was a joke and it was dirty filthy. How do you send a room deionizer that is literally filthy and dirty???There are insects all over the kitchen which is awful, it is supposed to be fully equipped with utensils and pots and pans and when we noticed there was 2 pots and no frying, I called down to request one. They then proceeded to bring up a 8' fry pan that was probably 15 years old, scratchy and not very clean which they had the audacity to make me sign a paper that this was on loan. What joke. Lets move on the air conditioning in the room which has lead to all of us coughing as the AC doesn't work at all and there is no doubt these systems are not kept clean and in my opinion pose a health hazard. You can not tell how bad these rooms are in this place as the lobby has a nice appearance. It is quite obvious that the Ascott Makati has neglected even the basics of keeping up a proper room and especially at the prices they charge. I am quite surprised that the Ascott Corporation which I believe is Singaporean based, can allow one of their supposed high end properties to operate like this. My family and I travel to the Philippines every year for 2 weeks to visit family and there is NO WAY I will ever stay at this place again. I was told again that they are renovating in 2014 which I do not believe as we were told this several times since our last stay. BY all means AVOID this place unless you want to spend a fortune and stay in very poor accommodations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Skiznick
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is actually great hotel. The rooms are large and clean. The location is ideal. However, the customer service people are simply unresponsive. I have sent them numerous emails and I have received nothing back regarding those emails except automated requests.

I have a very important and reasonable concern but the customer service acts as if they simply do not care. I will post again after the last set of emails to them if they do not respond within a reasonable time.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms are not much more money and are nicer.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 839John
singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Good location with many shopping malls and dining choices. Breakfast was ok, rooms are pretty huge, comes with dryer and washer so it's really useful for long stay. Mattress is of low quality so can be quite uncomfortable. The hotel seems to be a bit dated but I believe other hotels would be similar given its makati area. Huge gym but the drawback is they seem to open it to the public so can be crowded at peak hours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business