“nice business hotel”

Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Makati, Philippines
“nice business hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

we stayed here a couple of times for a company thing. the location is really great. its literally connected to the mall (Glorietta) and a few blocks away from MRT and everything else. The bed and the pillows were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. The staff were also friendly and they also have free breakfast. The breakfast selection is great but what I really liked was bacon! There's a feeling of the building to be a little old but it won't bother you. We got the room with the view of the city. The building is quite tall so better get the room on a higher floor so there will be less if no noise. Although I haven't tried the rooms at the lower floor so I'm not sure. Would definitely choose this again because of the location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this review, 4 November 2014
Thank you for uploading your very kind words about your overall stay here at Ascott Makati. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay overall.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Middle East
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I are regular visitors to Manila and whether for business or pleasure, the first on the list of hotels for us is the "The Ascott".
Right in the middle of Makati, beside the Glorietta shopping complex, it is extremely easy to get to by airport taxi and has the added bonus of a covered entry so you can escape from the rain!
The entrance is very small, and protected by at least two of Manila's finest security guards, who will escort you to the elevators. Once up the first level the reception area is enormous, and never fails to impress me.
Staff are always immaculately presented and the suites have everything you need. We are huge fans and cannot say enough good about the place. All topped off with an awesome breakfast buffet!
We always look forward to staying there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces out onto the Makati Square. Great views from miles up!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review in Tripadvisor. We appreciate your support and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here in Ascott Makati on your future visits.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here for a work trip ,and really loved the place .. the large apartment gave me room to spread out .. I was there for 2 weeks and the staff were very helpful , they did a daily clean of my room ..I could of cooked if I wanted , but why would you when you can have room service .. I ordered the salmon and mashed potatoes 3 times because I loved the first one I had .. the next two salmon meals I had, did not compare , so I was very disappointed .. I also had a lot of trouble connecting to wi fi I think it was a slow connection at the hotel ,, I must say that the service was great , could not complain .. this hotel was also close to the Greenbelt area where I ate most nights .. and so close the shopping malls and supermarkets , I also used spa at the Ascot for a massage and facial .. and also had a massage in my room ... the ladies were wonderful ..The breakfast was great it had everything that I, needed to have for breakfast
I would recommend this hotel , especially for the location

Room Tip: my room overlooked the front entrance where they had a lovely park with a pond and horse statues...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities.
We hope to welcome you once again here in Ascott Makati.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The location is the best, so close to everything. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with my 2 sisters, my husband and my 3yr old daughter. It was so accessible especially if you have a toddler with you. The service was excellent. The hotel is starting to get a bit old, needs some touch up, new paint in the room, and probably new furniture too. Shopping is so good, its just a few meters away, do not need to hire a car. Lastly, so close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Ascott Makati as your accommodation during your holiday in Manila. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our
service and we are glad to know that the location of our property was to your advantage.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here again with a couple of friends for a getaway trip to asia. We found the stay really good, we could shop at the nearby supermarket and cook our own meals in the full kitchen. Rooms are nice, a little bit dated, but to be honest we were there to enjoy ourselves and party so we didn't really mind!

Room Tip: Wifi cuts out continuously, especially on the higher floors- get a prepaid sim card with mobile inte...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your excellent rating highlighting the strategic location of our property and the size of our apartments.
We are glad to know that the full kitchen in our serviced residence was to your advantage given that you’re able to prepare and cook your own meals.

Thank you very much for your support and we hope to welcome you back on your future visit to Manila.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We (my parents, my sister and her husband, my mother in law and my wife and two kids, 10 and 3 years old) stayed at the Ascott for 8 nights in a three bedroom apartment. We were very satisfied. Although some things need a little bit of a touch up overall our experience was great. We got really good service, the location is sensational and the apartment is huge. I highly recommend the Ascott specially for large families and long stays. It's very convenient. My only complaint being a balikbayan was not enough Filipino style breakfast over our stay. But that's just being picky. By the way my kids Lola, the mother in law stayed in the maid quarters. :-) no mother in law jokes please...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing and uploading you experience at Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear that you and your family are very happy with regards to your overall experience.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back here in Ascott Makati.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this location for almost 6 months. Very convenient location right above one of the major malls in Makati. Our rate included breakfast which was well worth it -- buffet style. Service was outstanding. With six months in the same unit, we had occasional issues with the room -- doors sticking, toilet clog, etc. -- just normal stuff, nothing major. Whenever we had an issue, the engineers were at the door literally within minutes of reporting the problem. I have stayed in many places in Makati, from the low end vacation rentals to the top end Shangri-la hotel and I would rate Ascott at the top of the list for value and service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AscottMakati, Manager at Ascott Makati, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for putting Ascott Makati on the top of your list for value and most specially service.

We look forward to welcome you back here in Ascott Makati.