We stayed here from July 30 to August 4, 2014 on a two bedroom deluxe unit located on the 23rd floor. We have been staying here for the last 14 years whenver we were in the Philippines to visit my family. Therefore , I also stayed here when it was Oakwood. I always liked to stay here because of the location. You are right above Glorietta which is super convenient when you have children. So thorugh the years, I pardoned the momentary lapses in service as I understand this is a big residence which accommodates a lot of people. However, this time around , I really got upset. I did not have time to complain to the management as I was busy preparing to fly out on the 4th of August.
The housekeeping gives us toiletries but they are not the right amount nor the correct one. We had to request for shower caps and shampoo.
However, my issues happened on our last day - August 4.
On my reservation, I requested for a late check out. So on the 3rd of August, our last night at the residence, I asked how late we can stay in the unit. I talked to Jinky and she said that the latest we could stay in the unit is @ 1:00 pm. I asked her if we could stay later and we would pay the extra charge as our flight to teh US is not till later in the evening. She said that the unit is already booked and she recommended a studio unit for ~ 3250 nett - check out time 6:00 pm. She said this will give us time to rest and shower / freshen up before our flight. I agreed with this arrangement. The following day which is now August 4, I went downstairs @ ~ 12:30 in the afternoon and requested my check in for the studio unit, so we can transfer our luggages. We had a lot of luggages - 6 big ones and two carry ons as we were three adults. When I went upstairs, my keys were already disabled. How can I transfer my luggage if he disabled my keys. To be honest, I did not get the name of the person who checked me in the studio unit. He sent the bell boy with me to move my luggage and then disable the keys? I sent the bell boy downstairs to get an active key. the bellboy went upstairs with the activve key but with a message form the front desk, that we should already have been out by 12:00 noon. what happened to the previous request of late check out which translated to 1:00 pm? At approximately 1:00 pm, we got a message downstairs asking us what time will we leave the unit. My sister said in about 15 minutes, we should have transferred everything in the studio. In another 2 minutes we got another call asking us how may more minutes till we vacate the unit. Really?
My husband went to the mall to do some errands, so my sister went downstairs that if my husband shows up to please tell him what unit we were transfered. The respond from the personnel in the front desk? Is he listed as an occupant of the unit? What is this interrogation? Is it because we are not foreigners? Is it because we are Filipinos?
For the amount of money I spent on this 2 bedroom unit and the partial occupancy for a studio unit for a few hours, I expect better service. I will definitle look somewhere else on my next visit to the Philippines. The week before - July 23 - July 30 we stayed at a residence unit in Ortigas and we were treated so special that the stay at the Ascott Makati was really disappointing. However, I would like to thank Jinky at the front desk for her help and the bell boy who helped us when we checked in and when we transferred from the 2 bedroom unit to the studio. Also to the personnel at the breakfast buffet. if not for these personnel, I would even give it a lower mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in one of cosmopolitan Manila's most luxurious serviced apartments - Ascott Makati, which is designed exclusively for international business executives and their families. Ascott Makati recently unveiled its new Suites that are even grander and more opulent featuring a contemporary look that exudes warmth and sophistication. The property meets your every need from world-class services to lavish facilities that are well-appointed, extensive and personalised, complementing the elegance and refinement of the spacious residences in an exclusive city sanctuary, so that you may enjoy your overseas assignment, leisure vacation or relocation. Strategically located within Ascott Makati's prime business district and surrounded by restaurants, entertainment and shopping complexes, you can relish the renowned Ascott lifestyle amidst the pulsating energy of this dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ascott Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascott Makati Hotel Makati
- Ascott Makati Metro Manila, Philippines