“A very nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Celeste

Hotel Celeste
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Celeste on two different occasions in March 2014. The hotel is very nice and the staff are great. The rooms are spacious and clean. Nice bathrooms. Good wifi. There's a nice restaurant on the ground floor with complimentary breakfast items. Good blueberry pancakes.

The location of the hotel is both good and bad. It's on the corner of a very busy street. I had a hard time sleeping due to the traffic noise on our first stay on the 3rd floor, but it was much better on our second stay on the 2nd floor. Maybe there was an issue with the window... There's a few large malls and plenty of other stores within walking distance. We were regulars to the Landmark, a very large department store with a huge food court. If there was something we couldn't find there we headed across the street to a big mall.

The laundry service is on the expensive side but if you're up for a walk you can find a cheaper place a few blocks west on A. Arnaiz Ave.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike_HJ5561TL

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had previously stayed in the Holiday Inn Suites nearby, but as we were only in Manila a few hours we went for this cheaper hotel. It was much better.

Check-in was fast and helpful, with a complementary massage on offer, and welcome drinks brought to our room.

The location is really perfect for Greenbelt, especially if you'd like to go for a drink in the evening.

Decoration was tasteful, modern variation on a classic theme. WiFi worked well

I could not have been happier with this hotel, and can't recommend it enough. The Philippines has great hospitality, and this hotel is a great demonstration of that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MagicTorchster
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed this hotel for one night. Even though the hotel is small, the room is very clean. We were lucky to get a room just with a road side view & we can see all these busy street from our room. The welcome drink they offered is very refreshing & complementary food massage is very relaxing. The breakfast was not very high in number but I think items are sufficient for a good breakfast. Moreover they offered one main dish as part of breakfast menu which they serve after sometime. This is a good experience since the approach is different. The hotel service is very good with helping mentality & good speaking in English. Overall, this is a good hotel to stay for mid budget.

Room Tip: Ask for the road side rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Haven't been back to the Philippines in 13 yrs... So when my cousin who works for a well known travel magazine insisted on making our hotel accommodations we were relieved. First two nights we were suppose to stay at intercontinental in makati but they didn't have availability during the dates that we needed, my cousin suggested we try hotel Celeste, some boutique hotel... Didn't expect much but we were pleasantly surprised with our experience!
Rooms were cozy, food was great & location was perfect!
But what impressed me the most were the exceptional staff! Manager Abby was very accommodating, Jiggs in the front desk was very helpful & all the others who went above & beyond... thank you! Loved our stay here!!!
Glad Intercon didn't happen... We'll be back :)

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at Hotel Celeste for two nights in January 2014. My last trip to Makati I stayed at the New World Hotel but this trip I was only going to be in Makati for a short period. Also, I had an after midnight arrival for the first night. I hate paying for a full night in an expensive hotel when I arrive at 1-2am. There was a significant savings with Hotel Celeste compared to the New World so I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised as my room was spacious (and clean). I needed to get a computer charger (since I forgot to pack it) and it is only a 3-4 minute walk from the Hotel Celeste to the Greenbelt mall entrance across from the New World Hotel. The Wi-Fi signal was strong and I had know problems connecting and staying connected. The breakfast is a set menu breakfast and it was good. My room faced the street. The hotel is at intersection of Makati Ave. and Pasay Rd. - San Lorenzo Dr. so It was a little noisy but not enough at night to cause a problem sleeping. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't like street noise I would recommend asking for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a small hidden gem in Makati area. The hotel is very clean and cosy, the staff is friendly and attentive, the breakfast is delicious, based on the menu, the location is central. Real value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank VladNet
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed in one of their suites with my family for a weekend break . LOCATION: short walking distance to greenbelt 2 and 3 ( imagine New World hotel which is a literally stone's throw away , and this hotel is located just at the back). ROOM/SUITES: spacious , with a nice ambiance feel to it. i kind of liked the bed outlay and the couch, sofa , almost everything, but the flat screen tv size doesn't match the size of the suite. The bathroom was huge, and you don't feel being cramped in this one. The suite is not sound proof. WI-FI: free and fast (they have their own router for each unit ).. STAFF: the bell staff who handled my luggage when we checked in was the same guy who assists us in our check out, and it seems he is the one one in duty. the front desk staff act very professional but i won't describe it as being friendly. FOOD and BEVERAGE: they have a very small lounge and bar near the small lobby and front desk , anyway, with the many dining options just a few minutes walk from your doorstep , who cares ? And by the way there is an Italian restaurant , fine dining in concept which opens only during lunch and dinner hours. PARKING: basically none SECURITY: seems inconsistent , and not that tight SUGGESTIONS: how about trying the restaurants in the Arnaiz road area which has Asian (AyuThai ), Japanese (Tsukiji ) and continental /filipino ( Cirkulo ) helmed by a renowned chef which are included among the top selection in the culinary scene. BREAKFAST: sad to say , was quite a disappointment, although they offer buffet for bread, all they have was white and wheat bread with just a butter and jam (no toaster ?) , and the fruits ? well , forget it , presentation was not even nice don't seem fresh. They have ala carte selection but the food was quite oily although the tastes would be average at the most. Worst kind was when the server who attended to us seem like an hotel and restaurant management on the job trainee. He failed to get our orders and drinks right, and he seem to be disoriented ( to think we are the only breakfast guests ) during that time. This hotel was just fortunate to be included in the top 10 makati hotels in tripadvisor. Last thing, let me remind the readers that this hotel doesn't really belong in the good value for money category since the rates are not cheap with the standards they serve.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family