“Stayed twice. Great, small hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Celeste

Hotel Celeste
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Washington, DC
“Stayed twice. Great, small hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip to the Philippines. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had breakfast twice and it was good. The bed was very large and pretty comfortable. In one room, the bathroom was a decent size, the other was quite small. Quiet rooms considering its proximity to a busy intersection. Good location for exploring the ritzy mall up the street. Close to the airport, but leave enough time, as the construction can add a lot of time to the trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jstarr23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was only staying one night and was told Greenbelt is a must see so wanted something close. This was the nearest reasonably priced, good quality hotel so I gave it a try. For my US$150 per night I was expecting a good hotel and I was impressed. It is small but the rooms are very large and the quality of everything surpassed my expectations. The bed was big and comfortable with enough pillows and cushions for a King. The bathroom was excellent being modern with a great shower and with excellent designer toiletries. You really got the wow factor here. The staff were friendly and there was nothing really I could fault it on. It is genuine four star judged by any standard. My only gripe is there are very limited facilities but seeing as I was only there to sleep and enjoy the surroundings I did not care. There is plenty to do outside.

Room Tip: Any room will do its just great! btw I clicked on the swimming pool but I dont think there is one. I...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Icsrkh
Zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

we liked very much the personal atmosphere in celeste. small hotel, clean and a other expierence then the big hotel chains.
room nice, hotel is 5 min walking distance to makati main attractions.
bank atm in 1 min distance of hotel.
very friendly staff at reception and restaurant with italian kitchen. food is ok, menu selection a bit small.
a car parking in the house.

Room Tip: back side is silent
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cebu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I loved this hotel. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff and amazing location. The price was a little above some hotels around greenbelt but it was worth it. Despite being located at the center, it didn't feel crowded. In fact, it was pretty cozy.

I liked the L'Occitane toiletries they provided, and the fact that a one time consumable minibar was included in my package. The breakfast was very good too. Too bad, I didn't get to take advantage of the free foot massage. If huge beds are your thing, you'll be happy staying here!

Next time I'm in Makati, I will certainly book this hotel.

Room Tip: book online. they have really good packages.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I really like Hotel Celeste. Very well trained staff, hospitality, room service, cleanliness, comfort bed with many pillows, good-sized room and bathroom with a bath tub. Location is fantastic, just five minutes walk from the Greenbelt with all its shops, cafes, restaurants and cinemas. This is my second stay in Hotel Celeste for the last year, and I haven't noticed any decay in conditions and in service compared to other hotels in Manila, which decay pretty fast. My only reservation is about WiFi, which is a joke, but this is a common problem across the whole country.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VladNet
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a gateway hotel at the beginning and end of our trip to various islands. The first room we had was awesome. The staff extremely helpful. They arranged for a driver for the day for us with no problems. He was waiting in the morning at the designated time. The room was clean, bed comfy, bathtub great(I'm a tub person and selected this hotel because it had them). On our return trip, we were given a room with no bathtub, upon realizing this after checking in I went to the front desk and asked about the bathtub. I was told that not all rooms had tubs and the ones that did had been occupied. The manager at this point checked on the suites availability and upgraded us to that room so I could have the tub I wanted. So accommodating!! FYI if you are staying here because they have tubs, put that on your reservation request. The hotel is located right by the mall and greenbelt where there is plenty if places to dine at.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brenda F
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect choice. We stayed here for a couple days at the beginning of our trip and one at the end. The location across the street from the Greenbelt and Ayala Center was ideal. Very good breakfast, nice clean rooms, great value. But most important, I can't say enough good things about the staff. They were so helpful arranging a driver and overall helping us out. Thanks!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple