“Affordable,Clean and Accomodating Staff”

Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was looking for a budget-friendly hotel with kitchen along Makati ave. and I found Isabelle Royale. The room rates are very affordable and the rooms are very neat. We stayed here last December 24-26,2010 and everytime we need a place to stay we always book for a room at Isabelle Royale. The staff are very accomodating ! They are nice and friendly to their guest. The place is very convenient because it's near the taxi bay and there are a lot of food establishments nearby. They have a kitchen for every room but you have to request for the utensils if you want to cook. If you smoke, you need to get a room with a terrace ( Executive Matrimonial) so you don't have to go downstairs. You need to pay for 1000 security fee but they will give it back to you before you leave. It's like a reservation fee on top of the hotel fees.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for continuously patronizing our Isabelle Royale Suites Makati. Your loyalty and review has been a great help to us and for those who needs a good place to stay it the Makati Avenue area at reasonable prices. We hope to see you again soon. God bless.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stay here four times so far. I never have any problems with anything ,like the other hotels that over charge and take advanage of the people that stay in there hotel. I own a corporation in Makati City, so I come to the city every three months. The staff are very very friendly and treat me like family. If I have any problems and need help they are willing and very fast to assisted me. I hope they are getting paid well ,if not time for a raise. I am thinking if anyone is not happy with the place ,maybe they should stop making up crap and learn how to tip. I will always be coming back. you can always count on the staff day or night. The prices are very cheap ,I have look all over manila and this is the best bang for your buck. To the staff I say well done and to the owner I say they are lucky to have employees like them. I wish I had people like them working for me ,never know maybe I can steal one or two for my corporation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank dale m
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you so much for your very endearing review of our staff and their service. We do hope that you continue to patronize and support our hotel. And please do mention us to friends. Until next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

I booked last minute but the staff were great! They helped us with everything we needed even though we werent even there for 24 hrs.! The room wasn't big but it suited us fine. I'd recommended it for a quick, budget stay. Thank you to all the staff. Good job!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Willisen
Manuel P, Manager at Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you very much for a very generous rating and for your kind reviews. We always make sure that we urge our staff to give their best in serving our guests and be hospitable and friendly. Many thanks

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I've stayed at Isabelle about three times - but I think I've stayed there for the last time! Best value for me was the location, it's near the Makati Business District (walking distance or a jeepney ride if you're feeling especially daring), near international-themed restaurants (indian, korean, chinese, turkish, etc.), churches, korean grocery stores, banks, etc.

I always chose a room with a balcony since the price difference is minimal. The rooms are pretty ok with ac, tv, ref/fridge, stove (but no cooking implements), and basic dining utensils. When I booked the first time I was not informed that I had to make a deposit (around USD30) as their standard practice. That was ok but I really appreciate being informed first. Also I had to wait for the towels for hours since according to Housekeeping, they were still in the laundry! Check in and check out is quite tedious and takes more time than usual. Still my stay was ok for the price.

My second stay was not as ok, they increased the price of the same room but not the service. My third and last stay was the worst! I was given a room that wasn't clean yet - and I had to complain rather forcefully so I was given a room 3 floors up - clean this time. There was still no improvement in the service. Wifi was still only accessible in the tiny front desk (with ONE tiny table and TWO tiny chairs - kiddy furniture?). They advertised a soothing massage from the spa at the ground floor, but when I inquired there was only ONE therapist and she was already booked for the the day!

Oh well, there are other hotels nearby and so I bid goodbye to Isabelle not so Royalle! St. Giles along Makati Ave. is also good and in the same area, or Berjaya which my friends say is much better although pricier.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in higher floors with balcony (the higher, the better). Also, there is a restaurant adj...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leah A
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites on several occasions. I have always found the service to be outstanding. The staffs are always pleasant, helpful and obliging. Miss Arane at the front desk has always been friendly, accommodating, and courteous whenever I have needed assistance. The rooms are always clean and neat. I highly recommend Isabelle Royale.

Larry De Leon (Palavoylavoy)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lavvoy
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Not safe at all windows does not have lock. Can be access using the fire scape stairs. No steel frames. Dirty washroom. No towels or blanket supplies unless you ask for it. The food was terrible. Rooms smells cigarettes. Toilet are blocked.
THE WORST ONE: I gave them 1000 pesos deposit. ( not a biggy, just tiny amount) the thing was I left early for my flight back. The sister checked out for me and they told her there was no deposit made. I have the receipt.She has to pay for breakfast supposed to be free . This place was horrible. Please do not stay here. Lots of better places around.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank princemark
Reviewed 3 December 2011

It as a last minute decision for us to stay a couple nights in the city while visiting family in the province for this Philippine trip. We ended up at Isabelle Royale because all the other hotels were full and the rate was pretty good for a "suite". The "suite" had a kitchenette and 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. There was no single equipment/utensil to use for the kitchenette. The refrigerator and airconditioners worked well. The TV provided enough distraction for my kids. The bathrooms were very small. The main one had a walk in shower but no shower curtain so the whole bathroom gets wet when you take a shower. The bathroom in the master bedroom was so small you had to sit sideways on the toilet and climb up through a narrow space to get into the tub with shower. The worst thing was despite the clean appearance, there were cockroaches! Just for this reason, we will never stay at this hotel again. There was free basement parking but traffic around the area is horrible (but typical for Makati). The location is close enough to the main Makati sites and taking a cab would be easier. The only problem is it's hard to get a cab from this hotel. You have to walk to the main street since the security guard seems to be unavailable to help get a cab for guests at this hotel.

The good points: The breakfast that came with the rate was quite good and was served on time. The staff was friendly and helpful. You do have to request for housekeeping. The water heater works and you get a hot shower!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank uspinoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
City Garden Grand Hotel
New World Makati Hotel
Dusit Thani Manila
Dusit Thani Manila
#21 of 86 in Makati

Been to Isabelle Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!