“Stayed 5 different times!”

Artina Suites Hotel
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Makati
London, United Kingdom
“Stayed 5 different times!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Artina Suites are a fantastic base in Manila. I disagree with previous reviewers about the safety of the area. It is just off Makati Avenue and by Manila standards this is a very safe place. It is a short taxi ride to the Greenbelt shopping centres and a very short walk to some good restaurants (although I have to admit due to flight timings we got a Dominos Pizza twice).

Best of all though, it's not that far from the airport and the staff will always find you a taxi in minutes no matter how early your flight is.

As I say in the title, we liked it so much and found it so convenient we went back 5 times.

If you're a light sleeper, ask for quiet rooms at the back as you can hear the jeepneys during rush hour if you're at the front. Room 41 was a gem!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet - Room 41 is great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TLovatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Getting there wasn't easy. From Manila airport we took a metered taxi. Not sure if it was done on purpose but our driver got lost and we ended up paying a lot more for our ride. There is more than one Zobel street so make sure you tell the driver the hotel is about 3 blocks from Makati Ave. and have a map of the area so the driver doesn't rip you off. We arrive at the hotel around midnight. We were told they didn't have a room ready so we waited about 15 mins. I had asked for a room not facing the street when I booked and they gave us a room facing the street. When I asked to be given a different room I was told nothing was available. We got to the room and we didn't have any towels in the bathroom. After we called they did bring us towels. Rooms are very spacious. They need to improve in housekeeping we were there for three days and not once they cleaned our room. The bathroom had a funny smell and the kitchen was dirty. They also need to do something about the street noise is way too loud. We had problems sleeping. Maybe soundproof windows could help. Breakfast was good but if your staying for more than 3 days you might get tired of eating the same thing. They should add more choices to the menu. Overall for a 2-3 night stay is a good hotel. You could walk to Makati Ave. which is where restaurants and shops are but I recommend taking a taxi like the other reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed in a triple room for one night and were welcomed with cold drinks and warm smiles. The staff here go over and above to make you feel welcome. The rooms are comfortable and suited our short stay needs. Clean sheets on king single beds, air con and warm water in the shower. Located a 5 min walk from Makati's hub it is quiet yet convenient. i would definitely stay here again - its a great short stay hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shazlock99
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

For the money paid, I thought it was a decent deal. Hotel is located 4 min walking distance from Century City mall. It was clean, no smells. Everything was working. Staff was very friendly. I had a very good experience there. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is very good value for money and worth considering for any trip to Manila / Makati. There are reasons why its very keenly priced and its not perfect - but for the price the value is excellent. Anybody who expects more for this price is kidding themselves and probably hasn't traveled very much.

Very convenient location but a little bit away from the central areas - a tiny taxi ride. The place is clean and comfortable but a Western European or USA tourist might find it a little spartan by their standards - and this might color some comments. For example the bed is very firm. This suits me and probably PI natives but I spend a lot of time in hotels and I know that they are definitely firmer than would be normal in a Western European or North American hotel.

Advise you to use a taxi to and from anywhere as the immediate surrounding areas could be a little bit 'exciting' if you didn't keep your eyes open but the actual hotel is definitely safe so use the hotel and use a taxi.....they are incredibly cheap and the staff will get you a safe one in minutes if not seconds.

Without doubt the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and for me this makes up for anything - in fact for me they were FANTASTIC and a credit to the hotel and the city.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely use this place again - but I recognize their weaknesses as well as their strengths so am prepared for this.

Room Tip: Realize what you are paying for. The staff will help where they can.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clydeview2014
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked a deluxe room with a queen bed, and upon check in I was upgraded to a premiere suite (Room 20, 3rd Floor), which we were very very delighted by. The size of the room was huge, definitely very spacious and comfortable however it smelled a little musty, and even though it is a non-smoking room, we detected the smell of stale cigarette smoke, which did not go away even after we have aired it for a bit. However that was just a minor thing and can be easily ignored (after a few spritzes of my perfume). Few minutes after settling down in our room, welcome drinks were served to our rooms, which once again took us by surprise and impressed us further.

However after leaving the hotel, I discovered the lower half of my body to be covered with angry red bug bites, which was later verified to be from bed bugs. During my trip, I stayed at 2 hotels, Studio 18 and this one, so it is difficult to determine if both hotels had the infestation or if it was just one. So to be safe, I would urge the management to look into this matter and call an exterminator so that other guests would not face this problem.

I've seen some complaints regarding the absence of hot showers at this hotel, however I did not experience that, but the temperature was a little hard to control, I had to choose between boiling hot water or really cold water, but at least the hot water did not run out while I was bathing, that would have sucked.

Internet connectivity was also great, apart from the last night where the whole buildings wifi was down but that is hardly their fault.

The location of the hotel was questionable. No doubt it is close to bars and the strip of night life (some would call it the red light district? But pretty mild for a red light district since I have walked along the ones in Thailand), but the immediate vicinity of it was somewhat quiet and I would not have dared to walk out alone without my partner in the dead of night.

Service was great, standard as I realized among Filipinos. They were friendly and seemed eager to assist with anything that we needed.

PS - For drinking water / hot water, it is not provided readily in the room, instead you can just ring the reception and they will gladly bring it up for you. They have the option for bottled water, which they do charge at 30 pesos per bottle, or you can opt for the jug of iced water which is free of charge. Also, only one key card can be given per room, but if you ask the front desk they can provide a blank electricity card, in cases where one person wants to stay in and the other wants to head out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esther Z
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked a hotel room here that had 3 beds. The hospitality is at par, the location is convenient which made it easy to travel around Makati. The beds were comfy and what makes this hotel amazing is the cleanliness of the room. Plus the staffs were very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business