“Old room”

Artina Suites Hotel
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The room that they gave me did not match the pictures shown in here. It was very old and dirty.

It has 4 rooms, the living room, a weird stock room, bathroom and bedroom. They should not sell this crappy room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joseph Ricardo I

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Lobby is nice... but I won't sleep there though.

I don't know where to start my unwise overnight stay at this hotel.

Welcome drink. I simply don't like the flavor (and full of sugar at the bottom).

The room (2/F Room No.4) looks like an old condominium. As I enter the room, I saw this dirty switch board (as in dirty, please see photo). Though quite spacious, its not worth what I paid for. The cabinet is begging for a re-paint. Lots of stains. The floor tiles, clean enough but not for a hotel standard (even for a boutique hotel standard).

Bed. Quite comfy but the mattress is quite old, not as white as I expected. And worse, some parts smells odd.

Comfort Room. Looks clean at first. I inspected the fixtures one by one, until I open the toilet bowl.. and tadahhh.. it has dark water stains!!! Ewww! and it doesn't flush that strong. Toilet amenities looks cheap. And please change the busted knob. Its quality and appearance is not for hotel standards.

Breakfast. Its per plate, not buffet, but their food tastes good.

Lastly, I called up the frontdesk at 11:40AM to request if I could extend until 1PM. Someone picked up the phone, and I said Good Morning and here is the girl suddenly speak and started as if reading a script as if she doesn't want to be interrupted as she reads along. As I remember what she said: "This is to inform you that your check-out time is 12 noon........" and I told her are you done? and she replied "yes sir", I replied "Oh I thought I'm talking to an answering machine." (customer service 101 please)

Anyway, I told her my request of extension, and she asked another girl (maybe her supervisor)... and I clearly heard in Filipino "ay hindi pwede!" in english ("Oh its not possible") in a not nice way. And she grabbed the phone and explained to me. By the way, I took a picture of her for your reference.

Lastly, as I checked-out, no courtesy and a simple Thank you from this supervisor. (Say Hi Ms. Supervisor with your tiger look and not so friendly presence at the front desk)

OVERALL: Its a poor serviced boutique hotel. Too much regret for the 2,200 pesos stay at this hotel. An example of cheap price and cheap hotel.

P.S. And who hates cockroach? They have it in your room! You decide to stay or not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank terracotta22
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had a last minute online reservation, got the room rate of 2k pesos. Apparently there is no more deluxe room available but on the fourth floor room number 28. I've been in that room before and the air-conditioning unit sucks the last time. Well it still sucks when I arrived in the room. It only cools the one part of the bed, no swing motion. I hope they'll do something about it.

I think they usually give that room to the last minute online bookings. Hmmm.

Also, that night - the girl in the reception is sleeping - I know it's already in the wee hours in the morning but I kind of needed her help. :)

Overall the hotel is decent and clean.

Room Tip: Do not get the room in the 4th floor room number 28 adjacent to the elevator because the air-conditi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ooopppsssydaisy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is clean and the furnitures go together. AC and shower are working properly. Spacious room. Nice breakfast. Wifi can't reach the rooms. Mini bar is empty. All in all our stay was comfortable and we got more than what we paid for.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jhayasmin
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I bought a voucher from ensogo for an overnight stay. Me, hubby and my 2 kids enjoyed our stay. I bought the voucher for 1k+ only ( forgot the exact price though its more than 1,500 but still worth it).. The room was big, 2 doubles beds with breakfast for 2. Food was ok. Affordable room rates. Complete toiletries, if i'll rate this i would give a 3 star for the building because small but its ok and 4 star for treatment of the staff. Would recommend this hotel :)

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Ag N Jons G
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you get a good price this is a worth while place. The rooms were quite basic, no windows but clean and comfortable with air con. There are plenty of good value restaurants in the area even though the streets right around the hotel look a bit rough. An ok place to stay, a decent breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Artina Suites are a fantastic base in Manila. I disagree with previous reviewers about the safety of the area. It is just off Makati Avenue and by Manila standards this is a very safe place. It is a short taxi ride to the Greenbelt shopping centres and a very short walk to some good restaurants (although I have to admit due to flight timings we got a Dominos Pizza twice).

Best of all though, it's not that far from the airport and the staff will always find you a taxi in minutes no matter how early your flight is.

As I say in the title, we liked it so much and found it so convenient we went back 5 times.

If you're a light sleeper, ask for quiet rooms at the back as you can hear the jeepneys during rush hour if you're at the front. Room 41 was a gem!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet - Room 41 is great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple