“Top value”
Review of Howzat Inn

Howzat Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Makati
Howzat Inn
Ranked #69 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Bribie Island, Australia
“Top value”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This hotel is amazing value for Makati. The rooms are quite basic, but very clean, reasonably-sized and comfortable. Free wi-fi, safe, microwave, coffee making facilities etc in all rooms. I stayed a couple of times in August and will definitely do so again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank brisbanepete001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Perth
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Was only there for a couple of days , the staff were great always smiling , only one bad point, wear a shirt tie and pants if you want any help off the supervisor, looks at you as if she's just scraped you off the bottom of her shoe, will walk past you to the better dressed and serve them first. Never judge a book by its cover , hope she reads this.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank launchmaster20
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed there for 1 week and the staff, facilities and the bar are all brilliant and run by a great team all of whom you would wish to have as friends.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Alanlsg
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed here during May 2010 for 11 nights, and have to say its clean, bug free safe, comfy, good AC, very very very quiet and i couldnt have asked for more really. What you see in the pictures on their website is exactly what you get there is nothing hidden, what you see is what you get.

In Makati when it comes to places to stay you have two choices luxury hotels or what the UK would call budget hotels. Howzat Inn is the later, its not a hotel in the sense of pool, gym or chocolate on the pillow. What howzat is, is a comfy quiet safe clean place to stay and close to pretty much everything that makati has to offer.
If i had to compare Howzat Inn with something similar in the UK then it would be on parr with a travelodge or premier inn and Howzat inn is probably a bit better to be fair.

The Howzat Inn is close to power planet mall about a 10 min walk local bars 2mins, the howzat bar is just around the corner. Even though theres a bar around the corner you would think you was in the countryside it is really that quiet day and night. the security guard will happliy get you a taxi and he will always tell them to put the meter on, a taxi ride to the sights, malls and resturants is from 35 pesos to 100 pesos.

If you are looking for a place to stay then Howzat is the place to stay.

To sum it up howzat inn is:

• Good Value
• Safe
• Clean
• Good AC
• Comfy
• Friendly
• Quiet
• Decent water pressure (not a power shower) but good.
• Howzat is not good for people in wheel chairs as there is no lift.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank paulgriffuk
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I wanted to book this inn for my annual trip to the Philippines (In May) with my friends. It looked really nice on pictures and I was so excited to book this place. However I was appalled and disappointed by the management of my reservation.

I emailed the owner (Jonathan Thorp) with my dates and all, asking if I can get a slightly better rate since I'm booking 2 rooms and we're staying for 4 nights. He said the rates are as per the website, no discount and that "The Inn is generally full so please confirm if you would like the rooms your have requested.".

I replied and said "Since the Inn is generally full how do we reserve? Any penalty if we cancel?". I guess I rubbed him the wrong way because the next email was basically an insult "You have not booked and you are already canceling".

I feel it's my right as a consumer to know what the establishment cancellation policy is. It's just a FYI for myself, it doesn't mean I will cancel. I replied with him with my dates again and explained what I meant by that phrase.

Anyway he then proceeds to tell me "Sadly we are full on those days Enjoy your stay in the Philippines"

I really don't think the dates I'm asking for could have been filled in less then 48 hours since the first email (When there was still room).

So yeah don't know how the place is like, book it if you want but just be careful that they are very unprofessional and will 'pick' and 'choose' as they please.

I obviously didn't make it past their 'cut'.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank masurin
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Myself and 4 other friends stayed @ Howzat Inn for a weekend in December (4 rooms total) and were very impressed! For the money, there isn't a better deal going. I travel a lot for work in the US and stay at all of the major chains ... this is nothing like a major hotel chain. No pool, no weight room, etc.

What they do have are bug free, newely renovated rooms, 24/7 security, great location in Makati (2 or so blocks off P. Burgos Street), only complaint is that the water pressure could have been better, but ... Welcome to Manila.

There is also a great "British Pub" that is owned by the same people and right around the corner that serves good food/beer and have a ton of tv's (unfortunately, they were all tuned into Cricket ... Zzzzzzzzzz) and free wi-fi. Walt (the owner/restaurant) is an ex-pat who has been in Manila for 30 years or so and can steer you in the right direction if you need any advice.

Good luck!