“Very pleasant and friendly, can recomend.”

St Giles Makati Hotel
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We only stayed 1 night but was treated very well by all the staff. On our departure day our transportation was late. We kept the hotel informed and they never charged us extra.
I like this hotel as when u get into a cab, they will always give u a slip of paper with ur cab's registration number on. The breakfast was very impressive and so was all the staff, very friendly and accommodating.
Tnx St Giles ( see you in Nov again)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CLiesl

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked last minute and stayed in a superior room from 14-16 November. The room was clean but very small and on a smoking floor which was very unpleasant. The biggest issue is that their rooms face the street which is loud from traffic all night (the neighborhood is a seedy red light district) and from the construction of a building across the street which goes on late into the night. For ~$120 per night, this may rank among my least favorite hotel stays in Asia, ever.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank KBH B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Normally I go to Manila on business. I stayed in this hotel. The rooms are clean and small, but that's okay as I do not like big room when I am alone. They had good breakfast buffet. Everytime I go there are lots of roudy tourists. That would still be fine but the staff are so impersonal. I arrived late in the evening and would have wanted for a masseuse or an hour's massage but they did not allow and they do not have any spa services considering there were lots of guests in the hotel. Worse, it took me about 15-20 minutes waiting for an elevator going down. Overall, it did not stand out with the rest of the business hotel yet there rates are just as competitive as the others. They have a lot to improve on service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Pinky C
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Makati and for sharing your observations with us. We take pride in having our rooms maintained in pristine condition. You would have probably stayed in a Superior room recently which is a smaller room and you may opt to stay in our Deluxe room on your future stay with us if you would prefer a bigger room.

I appreciate your compliments on our buffet breakfast yet I must apologise for the impersonal attitude of our dining room staff. As for masseuse visiting the guest in the room for treatments, we welcome this for a fact that we do not offer spa services in the hotel. We will only stop a masseuse from accessing the guest room if they have no valid identification card and we do so for safety reasons. Masseuse in Manila are aware that they have to carry their identification cards at all times and to present them when requested.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the long wait you had to endure with the lifts. We have coursed this concern to our elevator maintenance contractors who will inspect the lifts to see if there are any unusual activities with the lifts that caused a longer wait than usual.

I hope you will not be deterred from staying with us in future. I would chance upon the opportunity to meet you and make it up to you on your next stay with us and would appreciate if you could allow me to know when you have plans to stay with us in future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

1-At arrival we were given a room facing a building being constructed next door so we had workers at our eye level all day, 0 privacy.
2-the 2nd night the people occupying the room opposite to us decided to have a party in the corridor and although we and other guests complained to reception, this went on until 4am.
3-food was really mediocre but it was not too much a concern for us as the few times we tried to order room service they did not have what we wanted nor they could provide viable alternatives.
4-wifi kept on turning itself off and although they said we were allowed to connect 3 devices, we managed only 2. The last day there was no wifi at all and when I asked the reception they did not know how long this would go on for and their reply was that it was free anyways so it should no matter.
5-the gym did not look at all as in the pix. Rather a small room with 2 treadmills one of which was out of service, 2 very old static bikes, a lat machine, a barbell and 2 dumbbells.

Would not recommend this place to our friends, really poor value.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miky979
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you had to bear with during your stay with us.

I would appreciate if you could allow me to know the exact date of your stay and room number in order for me to know what had taken place to cause you to be inconvenienced especially on the night you were disturbed by those who stayed opposite your room.

Free internet connection is only for two devices per room and prepaid cards are available on sale at the Front Desk if anyone wants to connect a third or more device to the internet.

Due to the small footprint the hotel sits on, we could not accommodate a bigger gym and we apologise that only one treadmill was in working order. The other treadmill has since been placed back in service.

I hope these experiences will not deter you from coming back to stay with us. Please do allow me to know when you will visit Manila next as I would like to chance upon the opportunity to meet you and make it up to you. I can be reached at gm@StGilesManila.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Excellent service, fantastic ambience, great food and amazing staff ! Well managed property. Amenities in the room are fantastic. The buffet breakfast was widespread and included great food and dices.

Nice experience.

2  Thank prantiks

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience during your stay at St Giles Makati - St Giles Classic Hotel. I have shared this with my team and we are all delighted to know that we have created a totally fulfilling experience for you.

Please do let me know when you are back to stay with us for me to personally thank you for the great review you have shared here at Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to meet you in person. Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was pleased with the chek in process and room allotment..again was happy with the ammenities in room as well as bathroom...view from my room was fantastic...what i was even happy was with their buffet breakfast...good variety of native and foreign dishes..nice service and friendly staff...overall St.Giles is a good option for quick business travellers like me...I like their bell serice staff..extremely caring and helpful..

Room Tip: Rooms facing Makati avenue and +20 floor will have superb view of the city..try to get one of those
1  Thank RAJ P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the heartwarming review that you have shared here at Trip Advisor during your recent stay at St Giles Makati - St Giles Classic Hotel. Our team here is glad to know that we have made your stay a great one. Your compliments are highly appreciated.

Looking forward to having you here again soon. Thank you and have a fantastic day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Been staying here for quite some times due to business trip. Although the room is not that spacious, but it's clean and comfortable which is the most important element. Hotel staffs were helpful and polite. Advisable to stay in higher possible floors, in order to minimize the street noise. For breakfast wise, it's good enough with variety of choices, especially my hometown delights- Malaysian food was served, which makes people who often work oversea like me feels warm.

1  Thank Lawrencesssss
DerrickTan, General Manager at St Giles Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write about your experiences with your stay with us and for the kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,