“needs renovation and improvements” 2 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Salcedo Suites at LPL Manor
Ranked #26 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Makati
“needs renovation and improvements”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We just stayed overnight at a Deluxe Bedroom of Salcedo Suites last April 8 to 9, 2013. Initially we are happy because it has a lower rate as compared to other nearby hotels in which we have stayed in.

However, we had a few disappointments on the day that we have stayed there.

Free parking spaces advertised on their website are actually 2 parking slots for their entire guests. To be specific, slot numbers 8 and 20 on the 4th Floor of a very narrow and steep drive up to these first come - first serve slots.

The hotel lobby and elevators are not well ventilated. The elevator sometimes malfunctions (i.e. when we pressed 23F, we were brought up to the 24F!) Even the other guests on the same elevator who needed to go to the 23F were shocked that it failed to stop there. Thus, we pressed 23F again and good thing the elevator went one floor down that time.

The room (and the old refrigerator in it) smells really old. A little airfreshener or tough cleaning might prevent this. Unlike other hotels and serviced residences, the plates,glasses and other utensils are not readily available in your room kitchen shelves/drawers. They are all free for you to use but you need to request for each of these by calling on the reception desk. (Not convenient, right?) And of course, if utensils are not provided right ahead, expect that the refrigerator is turned off and empty (no mini bar even if your are willing to pay for the expected goods).
Also, there are small cockroaches inside the room.

The water pressure is another issue in our room. The water pressure from the kitchen faucet is okay but definitely not in the bathroom faucet and shower.

Here are the only good things that I like in this hotel:
Very fast check in procedures even rate computation is manual (calculator not computer) and handwritten/filled up Official Receipt (not computer printed).
Local calls (within Metro Manila) are free of charge unlike in other nearby hotels.
Sufficient clothes hangers are available inside the cabinets.
TV is equipped with Skycable.
Hot shower is available (although water pressure is so poor in our room).
Accessible location and near restaurants, cafes, convenience stores and food chains.

I do hope that the owner of this hotel would consider renovating it and acquire more parking space slots in the building.

Room Tip: Request kitchen/dining utensils upon check in if you need these because it is not available in the r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Romina A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

the place has seen better days. however it is fast declining.
1. breakfast very, very ordinary. actually there are hardly any options
2. rooms are in need of repair
3. you will have to wait for a long time for the lift
4. toileteries in bathroom - not existent
5. towels - a little worn

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Olongapo, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

me and my mom were on a seminar near the place and this was the nearest and available so we have no choice. we are not expecting much, we just want a clean, safe and comfortable to sleep in. but there are no many problems with this place. our first day was fine the room was clean and every thing was normal for a hotel though it was too small and i think the bathroom is too large. on the second, we were supposed to get an upgrade and that's when the fun happened. the room was dated, sheet has seen it's day. i got i surprise on the couch (a roach) and bathroom smell like the 80's, back when imelda was in power. we (my mom) demand that we get transfer to another room, which was great but we expected a hot shower but the personal heated did not work and you have to open and close the main switch in room and do a lot of magic to get hot water. but it fail so we had to endure cold shower. on the last day of our serminar, we check out of the hotel never to return again. the only best part about the hotel is the fact that it near restaurants and fast food chains.

special note to our house keeper who is the only housekeeper in the whole hotel. he was gave accommodating and nice and was every understanding with our predicament.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tourchwoodtours

Travellers are raving about these Makati hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed here from July 9, 2011 thru July 12, 2011. No more than 10 minutes after I got in the standard room that is pictured on its website, I wanted to move.

Because I lived in Makati for about 14 months (May 2006 to August 2007), I knew the area well. With the amenities listed on its website, $50 a night at its location is a bargain so I reserved it for 8 nights. When I checked in, the receptionist asked, "how many days do you want to pre pay on your card?". I answered, "three days" - big mistake.

Because I was working remotely, I needed a "wired internet" connection for my Vonnage. I got into the room at around 3:30 AM (Saturday) and I started looking for the internet cable. As I moved furniture to look for the cable, I did not find a cable but I did find a cockroach. I went down to the front desk and informed the receptionist that I could not find the internet cable. She informed me that my room did not have broadband and tried to sell me their wireless service.

So I asked if I could change my stay from 3 days to overnight. Her answer? No refunds. Knowing that I was not going to get anywhere by informing her that the website's being misleading (i.e. no broadband) is the reason why I wanted a refund, I asked when the manager was going to be in. Manager was not coming until Monday morning.

I had to start working on Monday night so I did not want to move all of my stuff into a new place a few hours before I started work. The standard room that is still pictured in the website is dark and I killed at least 2 cockroaches during my 2 night stay. I brought my work equipment to a new place Monday morning and I checked out on Tuesday morning, after I finished work.

When you prepay, make sure that they deduct the reservation fee. They did not deduct the reservation fee and I went back a couple of days after I checked out to ask for a charge back. The receptionist tried to explain that I was not entitled to "5 days of reservation" fee. I did not want to waste more time arguing with her so I told her that I was going to dispute the reservation fee. Luckily, American Express saw it my way.

Overall, $50 a day for the standard room, without broadband and having to deal with its personnel, for me, is not worth it. I would never have reserved had I known that the room does not have a broadband connection. But the location is great.

We all have different standards so check it out for yourself. But only pre pay for 1 night and decide if you want to stay longer.

Room Tip: Do not choose the standard room pictured on the website if you like daylight.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank JessieKulangot
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,084 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

My red and yellow taxi driver from Cebu Pacific's Terminal 3 either had huge trouble finding this accommodation, which is in the L P L Building, or he decided to take me for a long ride - in the end I paid P400 for a trip that should have cost P200 - and told the taxi driver how unimpressed I was.

The entrance is up two groups of about five stairs each. A ramp is not provided.

Check-in was quick.

The two lifts are fairly slow because of the 26 floors serviced.

My apartment (705A) was spacious for a studio.

However, an edge of the ceiling had a 10 centimtre hole, the kitchenette lacked a single drinking glass let alone any cutlery, crockery or napery (or any dishwashing liquid), the 20 year old television set seemed inoperable (or perhaps I was simply incompetent) and the bed was OK although obviously far from new.

The apartment had a dated look: my guess is that the kitchen cupboards had not been painted for a decade or more.

Hot water in the shower worked OK. There were cracked tiles on the bathroom floor but this room was in the best condition of any in this apartment.

I did not sample breakfast, and obtained adequate sleep, but the apartment suffers from being about 2.5 kilometres from Greenbelt (which I walked to to obtain breakfast). While Salcedo has a Japanese restaurant in its building and a KFC almost opposite, it isn't a touristy area and for the same price better value is available in Ermita, Malate or occasionally Malate with latter suggestions including St Ilian's Inn (by reputation) and others on www.asiatravel.com

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo