“interesting combinations”
Review of Kulinarya Kitchen - CLOSED

Kulinarya Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Discover the best kept secret restaurant in Makati - Kulinarya KitchenMust try dishes are the Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass and Herb Crusted Lamb ChopsStart it off with our original Seafood Salad Maki appetizer and the popular Crab and Mango SaladKulinarya also serves Steaks, Seafood, Pasta, Pizza and QuichePair our food with new world wines, mojito, frozen margarita or local and imported beersThen finish it off with a Banana & Langka RoyaleAll at a very affordable price
Reviewed 12 March 2013

i had lunch with my husband and in another occasion with my officemates. i tried different things on both visits and both have refreshing flavours. it's always best to pair the food with wine as the food becomes more flavourful. the decor of the place takes you out of the mall - it's like stepping into someplace else. the only thing is - staff should be more attentive. it was a challenge getting their attention.

Kulinarya, Owner at Kulinarya Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for the nice review. Although we do not have an extensive wine list, we like to promote food and wine pairing and made the prices of our house wines friendlier at Kulinarya. I hope that you like the big wine glasses that we serve it in. We will certainly improve on our service.
Again, thank you for patronizing Kulinarya and we know that you will also enjoy our other dishes as well.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We eat here almost every weekend. The menu is so varied that there is something for everyone. Today, I had callos. My mother thinks theirs is the best. Sometimes, we order gamberi, a pasta with shrimps. My sons like the steak and egg, too. My daughter likes the fried maki salad. A dessert that I like is their version of Filipino turon which is banana in spring roll wrapper. Kulinarya's version is layers of banana and wrapper topped with ice cream.

Tasty food with 5 star presentation is how I would describe their menu.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Kulinarya Kitchen is the type of restaurant where you're always excited to try some new fare because you're confident that they constantly manage to churn out great dishes.

I love their Seafood Salad Maki! Shrimp and crabstick salad enwrapped in nori that's tainted with ebiko flakes and deep fried. There's some mango chunks at the center bathed in mango coulis and wasabi vinaigrette that gives it a hint of kick.

Do try their Salmon and Mushroom Au Gratin. A rich, creamy mushroom sauce drowns some chunks of salmon, all hidden under an umbrella of mozzarella cheese. Just perfect with the crostini that surrounds the dish.

For the mains, the Baked Bangus Belly was a surprise. I adore the mozzarella gratin garnished with tomato-onion relish that blankets a fork-tender fish. Dip it into the accompanying soy vinegar and you've got a flavor-rich plate that is easily balanced out by the parsley rice. The Grilled Pork Chops were so tender as well. The herb marinated chops really went well with sweet soy reduction, exuding a saporous, robust flavor.

Do not leave Kulinarya without trying their 16 oz. US. Top Blade Steak. Paired with an oval dish of chunky mashed potatoes and a melange of buttered vegetables such as carrots and asparagus, plus some slices of corn, this beautiful platter can be shared by 2-4 people, depending on your appetite (or greediness ;p). Served sliced, you can see the pinkish meat at each center while you delight on the red wine sauce smothered on top.

They also have quiche and I recommend the 4-Cheese, which is a hodgepodge of swiss cheddar, gruyere, gorgonzola and parmesan cheese. Truly for the cheese lovers and even for the non-enthusiasts, because of the enjoyable reciprocity of flavors.

For the desserts, the Pistachio Sans Rival is a must have with its alternating layers of chewy meringue and velvety smooth buttercream surrounded by pistachio bits. The Banana and Langka Royale is like a deconstructed turon, a local snack of hot, deep fried spring rolls which consists of banana slices and jackfruit. The vanilla ice cream serves to give a contrasting temperature that's pleasing to the palate.

I loved is their gorgeous plating, because I firmly believe that we all first eat with our eyes. Moreover, it's hard to find a restaurant wherein you can just close your eyes and order confidently whatever your finger points to. That is why I'm always excited to try their other offerings. The place may look elegant, but the prices are relatively more affordable than its neighboring restaurants.

1  Thank Guia O
Reviewed 2 February 2012

<3 <3 <3 the callos, which was not a product of the chef's extensive culinary education, but an age old recipie of her Lola.

Sea Bass like butter. Amazing!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have been to Kulinarya several times already because their menu is something you go through one by one. You will be greeted by a group of helpful staff. The taste of their food is enhanced well enough for people with a sensitive palet. The presentation of their dish looks like it has been done by an artist but with a price that would make you come back every lunch time. You must try their aligue pasta and their roast beef! it literally melts in you mouth!