“Great Staff”

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff at the hotel are fantastic.They take care of every detail.
A very clean and comfortable hotel with unique design.
Good free internet connection they provide.appreciate their respect for the guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank haly_SA_2000
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear haly_SA_2000,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property.

We are very happy to know that you have found our service, particularly our staff "Great" and that your were looked after well during your stay. Rest assured we will pass on these kind remarks
to further inspire our team to be able to continue to provide the best service every single time.

Please do not hesitate to let us know how we could be of service in the near future.

Sincerely
Bobbie T. Frondoza
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Picasso boutique residences is worth the stay just for its proximity to the Saturday morning Salcedo market. We booked on a Friday afternoon and stayed one night. The hotel itself is very interesting, with artworks in the lobby area. The toilet was clean. The shower wall adjacent to the bedroom was made of glass. So if you value your private time in the shower, better ask if they have another room where you can't be seen while you take a shower. I enjoyed the Salcedo morning market nearby. It was a few steps from the hotel. Superb location, Interesting hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny U

Dear Jenny U,

Thank you for your review and for choosing The Picasso.

We are happy to know that you found our location most convenient during your weekend
staycation and found our property interesting with respect to the different artworks around the property. Pleased to let you know that we do update the artworks on display as we have exhibitions running every two months. This is in the light of our goal to be an engine of art as we support some of our upcoming Filipino artists. Just to let you know, most of the artwork are for sale as well.

Thank you once again and please, do not hesitate to let us know how we could be of further service in the future.

Bobbie T. Frondoza
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I spent 8 nights at the Picasso on a recent trip to Manila and definitely recommend it. The service throughout my entire stay was excellent - staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located along a reasonably quiet street in Makati. It is about a 10 min walk to the big mall (Green - something or other) and there is a nice park about 5 min walk away. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

The hotel breakfast is good with a mixture of buffet and prepared items. It won't blow you away with the array of choices, but what they do have is quite good.

The rooms are quite large, modern and well-equipped. My room faced the street, but was quiet and I never had any issues with street noise.

My only issue with the Picasso is that the wi-fi was very poor. I raised this with the management and they told me they were planning to completely upgrade the system by the end of July, so hopefully it will not be a problem.

1  Thank SSVermont
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Often coming to Makati for business, and being explorative by nature, I often try to make new finds in the continuously changing accommodation of the worlds capitals.
One such deviation from my chain of regular crash-pads was my visit to the The Picasso in Makati.

Due to connectivity issues enroute from the airport I had failed to make a booking in advance, so I arrive without a booking, upon querying rates, I was informed that walk-in rates are no-where near as great deal as with the service-provider Agoda, so I was offered to use the hotel WIFI lounge to make a booking there.

This was completed within 10 mins, with the service of the concierge to come to the lounge and ensure that I had successfully connected, and then offering passphrase for the WIFI.

Upon completed booking my companion and I was offered chilled water bottles for refreshment, perfect... !

Having booked the Barcelona suite without breakfast, I was planning to spend a quiet evening in the room and then explore the menu of the co-located "Brasserie Boheme" throughout my visit, what a mistake... it all turned out good in the end, but not without a bit of torment.

The room was amazing, and the staff among the best hotel staff I have ever encountered, the few minor shortcomings were quickly wiped away by the cordiality, friendliness and not least the professionalism of the staff in both the hotel and the brasserie.

It turns out they were in the middle of updating their menu, and therefore weren't able to deliver a consistent and satisfying result, until the very last order I made (which due to the hassle I had been through during my stay, was offered complimentary).
They are this week implementing the new menu, and promised to have it in place upon my return apr. a week from now.
All was however forgiven due to the supreme quality of the last order (a Steak Pavarroti) and the service minded staff who made a lot of effort to compensate for the lack of consistency in the servings.

Eventually, at the time of checkout I was amazed by the professionalism and cordiality of both the hotel and the restaurant and give it my highest recommendation.

I didn't have a chance to check out the smaller rooms, but since the place is tremendously good value for money there is no need to go for nothing less than their delightful, spacious, modern and pleasantly decorated "Barcelona" suites.

Room Tip: Bring your own salt and "bubbles" for the bath-tub, none is provided in the room...
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I've been to picasso for our hotel tour.the location is in Makati not in the central business district but its close to everything like glorietta mall and greenbelt.Another plus for the picasso is that it is close to legaspi night market . The hotel looks new their rooms are big and clean what i like is the loft that is really big. If you wanna stay in Makati city this is a really nice place they have a restaurant on site and a gym they also have pilates session. It is not only a hotel it is also an art gallery where they put art exhibit they have their gallery room so if you are an artist this is the perfecr place for you...the place is also quiet....they dont have swimmingpool but they can give you swimming access at makati sports club..over all the hotel is goos but the rate is a bit expensive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was here visiting the inlaws. Since they live in areas that is under constant threat from floods, we decide to stay in the tourist Green Zone (makati). We found Picasso online and the pictures of the rooms looked modern, and it was. It is a good location, close to malls and JBee. I was pretty satisfied with my stay. I don't think they have a pool or spa but i didn't really need those amenities.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

here's my two cents, if you feel offended by my statement, get a life yourself.

1st'ly this so called 'boutique' services got nothing special other than just a ordinary hotel room with a glass shower bathroom.
The electric stove and the sink seemed great at 1st glance. Once you use it, you notice how small that area can be and while you trying to wash something, the water start splashing out from the sink and things can get messy very fast.
Then you get a bathroom without a tub(if you do a little search, most nearby hotel or residences comes with a tub if not a Jacuzzi tub). The bidet hose in the toilet is render useless unless you do not mind wiping the floor outside the toilet. There is no water guide to stop the water from the toilet running out into the main door of your room. This is just plain bad design. To counter this I requested 3 floor mats to soak up the water outside the toilet.

Stay in some place that really worth it price!!! This place is just not worth. You may include in the taxi fares for a day and stay somewhere much cheaper with the same quality of services.

6  Thank xetophe k