I love staying in hotels once in a while, among other things, as a way of taking a break from my stressful work. Thus, last weekend (Aug 25-26, 2013), I, together with two of my family members, stayed in the Picasso in Makati City. Finding the hotel wasn't hard especially if you have Makati Avenue corner Buendia as a reference point (I searched for directions to the hotel using googlemaps). The lobby, upon entering, has a relatively peaceful ambience. Checking-in was not a hassle. Just remember that they will ask you for a monetary deposit for the mini-bar.
The room itself is very spacious (we had the Malaga Studio Queen room) and the bed adequate for two adults. Opt for an extra bed already for your comfort if more than two adults will be staying for the night. The room is also equipped with a mini-kitchen (complete with microwave and stove) should you desire to cook or heat something up. Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our room (and also the service) and I would definitely consider checking-in again.
I think the hotel also offers free shuttle service to nearby Ayala malls and a few other places in case you might want to go outside the comfort of your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece in its own right, The Picasso Makati is a multi-tiered gem that enchants its guests with exquisite levels of creativity: from its visionary structure to its imaginative accommodations. Exploring the residences is an immersion in artistic inspiration. The boutique serviced residences is guaranteed to seduce your senses: experience it once and you will surely dream of repeating your stay at The Picasso Makati. Reinventing the old to experience the new: this is the concept behind The Picasso Makati. The residences are lodged in an old building, but its cutting-edge design rises above the bustling street life it is surrounded with. At The Picasso Makati, the studio room (at 45 square meters - significantly larger than your average accommodation) and the one-bedroom (at 88 square meters) boasts a luxurious expanse of extended floor to ceiling windows. Stepping into the property is like stepping into a painting come to life: each component has a theme, each name has a meaning. The guest floors were from the eight significant periods of Pablo Picasso's life-reflected in vibrant colors and patterns. The Picasso Makati is stylish, engaging, and unconventional. It is an artistic fusion of inventive facilities and artistic chambers: a place for those looking for old, familiar comforts of home but beset with a promise for new adventures. At The Picasso Makati, guests are treated not only to an artistic feast but also to extraordinary accommodations accompanied by world-class service. This boutique serviced residences definitely adds a personalized touch to its services: with its remarkably friendly and outstandingly helpful staff leading the way. Included in the services for all types of accommodations are: - Twice-daily housekeeping - In-room dining up to 11PM - 24-hour reception desk - 24-hour security - Concierge Services - Complimentary WiFi access in the guest rooms and in public areas - Free Use of the Gym at the 5th and 6th level - Scheduled Shuttle Service going to the Makati CBD and Ayala Center - Access to the in-house Art Gallery - Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning service* - Airport transfer* *Services may be availed for a Fee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and ACCOR so you can book your The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Hotel Makati
- The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines