“Well-appointed boutique hotel with unrivaled customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Makati
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Well-appointed boutique hotel with unrivaled customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went to Makati City on business, and this hotel was recommended to me by a colleague due to its close proximity to our office there. It did not disappoint. My room was a good size and well-appointed. The bed seemed hard when I first sat (re. plunked - it was a long journey to get there) down on it, but I slept like a baby in it - when I wasn't waking up in the middle of the night due to the time difference, that is. The bathroom was really nice; new and modern-looking. The wifi was speedy and reliable. It had that European-like power-key card thing by the door, whereby the power in the room is activated by putting your room card in a slot. I love that. It's such a great way to keep track of your room card, and also very environmental in terms of not wasting electricity. The service at this place is out of this world. I was greeted graciously and enthusiastically by at least one staff member every time I set foot in the lobby. "Hi, Ma'am" is the official greeting, but it sounds like "Hi, Mom" with their British pronunciation. By the end of day one, the staff knew my floor number, and as I entered the lobby, someone would rush to the elevator and push the correct floor button for me before I could cover the ten paces from the front door to the elevator. It was really something.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Picasso_Management, General Manager at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Jen H,

I get the warm & fuzzies when reading your review. On behalf of my team, thank you for noticing the little efforts we do to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable, safe & secure. The level of service I try to inculcate with my team is quite simple and relative to their social upbringings. I guide them with a very basic principle: this is our home and they are our guests. Since Filipinos are naturally very warm & genuinely hospitable, I try not to reinvent the wheel but rather, simplify service concepts that they all can relate to.

It is with great fulfillment that I thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback was also shared with the entire team. My next challenge with them is: Name Recognition. I hope that on your next stay with us, they all will be able to address you by name, rather than the usual "ma'am". Also, stay tuned for our Pillow Menu which is currently being designed. We are aiming to add an extra element to assist in creating a wonderful/relaxing night's sleep for all of our guests.

Should there be anything that I can assist you with, please let me know. Until your next stay with us, we wish you all the best and safe travels.

John David Y. Cruz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

For last 1 year i frequently visit this hotel and it is a very good hotel for business stays. Close to business area and good dining options near by. The hotel has no swimming pool. Restaurant food is average. Good shopping areas near by.
Gym is okay
Rooms are spacious and clean
Very good and helpfull staff

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bjskushal
Dear bjskushal,

Thank you very much for your review and, more importantly, your continued patronage over the last year. It is our continuous process to always seek for opportunities to improve. I understand that the restaurant needs work and it is a constant effort to have the outlet match the service levels of the hotel. Rest assured, that I am closely working with them. Please bear with us while they improve their menu & services.

Should there be anything that I can assist you with, please let me know. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

At your service,

Ofc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

This boutique residence, centrally located in the Makati business district will not disappoint. The welcome was warm, anticipative, and never intrusive. I was offered a bottle of mineral water while checking in as it was hot outside. Check-in was a breeze and I was asked if I preferred a higher floor or the room they had already marked for me. Professional but not cold. I had an issue with wi-fi connectivity with my iPad and it was resolved within minutes by staff. Attention to detail and guest requirements are obviously high in their priority list. Everyone in the hotel from the doorman to housekeeping staff always had a smile. It was contagious.

The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Chaise lounge, a writing desk, spacious toilet and shower area, plus a kitchenette with utensils for those who'd like to eat in. Toiletry amenities are ample and of good quality. There is a safe and a minibar inside the room. A cafe and restaurant is connected to the hotel as well as a spa and beauty salon. A small park is 25 meters away and the Ayala triangle park is also within walking distance.

Loads of eating places within the area and there is also a Starbucks 150 meters away, likewise ATMs for cash requirements. Terry's restaurant nearby is a favourite for Spanish food lovers and it definitely did not disappoint.

One small area for improvement is to address the polished stair from the mezzanine to the lobby. Care should be taken to avoid slipping. I almost did.

I highly recommend this boutique hotel for anyone on a business trip or a visit to Makati. Excellent in every way!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FairCritic68
Dear FairCritic68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, from beginning to end. Furthermore, I greatly appreciate your recommendation for improvement - particularly along the stairway leading from the Mezzanine to the Lobby. I am pleased to announce that we have since installed additional grip-tape to eliminate any slip hazards.

Seems like we were too focused on keeping that area spotless and shiny. Please excuse us since we often are so consumed with daily operations that functional imperfections can go unnoticed. However, with such valuable feedback from our guests - like yourself - we are able to improve our products and services moving forward.

Thank you again for your support and patronage. Please let me know if there is anything that I can assist you with, prior to your next arrival. Until then, we look forward to your return. All the best and safe travels.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

For the last 3 years, every time I go to Manila on business, my colleagues and I always stay at the Picasso Boutique (Hotel). The staff and service are fantastic, always a warm and friendly greeting upon arrival, rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location is also convenient. Breakfast buffet coupled with the "main entree for order" is very nice, with great coffee. And all at a great and affordable price.
They also have a nice-enough gym that permits me to get my daily morning work-out in as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RRay
Bobbie430, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear RRay,

Thank you for your review on our hotel property.

We are pleased to know that you found your recent stay enjoyable.
Thank you for always choosing The Picasso as your home in Manila for the last 3 years.
We at The Picasso values our guests and always strives our best to make sure to deliver the best service we can provide.

Please do not hesitate to let us know on how we can make your stay most comfortable on your return.

Looking forward to welcoming you back until then.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I love staying in hotels once in a while, among other things, as a way of taking a break from my stressful work. Thus, last weekend (Aug 25-26, 2013), I, together with two of my family members, stayed in the Picasso in Makati City. Finding the hotel wasn't hard especially if you have Makati Avenue corner Buendia as a reference point (I searched for directions to the hotel using googlemaps). The lobby, upon entering, has a relatively peaceful ambience. Checking-in was not a hassle. Just remember that they will ask you for a monetary deposit for the mini-bar.

The room itself is very spacious (we had the Malaga Studio Queen room) and the bed adequate for two adults. Opt for an extra bed already for your comfort if more than two adults will be staying for the night. The room is also equipped with a mini-kitchen (complete with microwave and stove) should you desire to cook or heat something up. Overall, we were extremely satisfied with our room (and also the service) and I would definitely consider checking-in again.

I think the hotel also offers free shuttle service to nearby Ayala malls and a few other places in case you might want to go outside the comfort of your room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CandyMay_07
Dear CandyMay_07,

Thank you for your review and choosing The Picasso for your staycation last August.

We are pleased to know that you found your stay most convenient with the facilities we offer and found our location quite easy to find.

Please let us know until then how we may be of service in the future.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Picasso Boutique Residences are a truly unique and beautiful experience. Staff was helpful and courteous. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very well designed. The bathroom should be a work of art itself with its great walk in shower. The location is great, not too far from the airport and other attractions were walking distance. The internet is free of charge here, and there was a lovely spa just next door which made for a very nice trip to Makati.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RavenNicole
Dear RavenNicole,

Thank you for your review of our property regarding your stay with us.

We are very happy to know that you found your stay a truly unique and beautiful experience.
And that you have found our location most convenient for your trip.

We at The Picasso always strive to do our best to deliver the best possible service for our guests. And this recognition will truly keep our associates inspired as we share these heartwarming comments with them.

Until then, please let us know how we may be of service in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Clean, warm and efficient. Three simple words to describe a wonderful experience. Great place to stay while you explore Makati and Manila. They were prepared for every eventuality including the heavy rain. All with a smile.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Viresh O
Dear Viresh O,

Thank you for your review.

We are humbled to hear of your heartwarming remarks describing your recent experience
of your stay with The Picasso. These comments truly serve as inspiration for our team to continue to be at our best to serve our guests and patrons well.

We look forward to your return and please do not hesitate to let us know how we may be of further service.