“A very happy vegetarian”
Review of Corner Tree Cafe

Corner Tree Cafe
Ranked #9 of 1,507 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Corner Tree Cafe is a Vegetarian / Vegan Cafe. We serve food from Asia to Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas in a cosy intimate setting. We also offer good wines, local beers and some house cocktails. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy our delicious food. In fact most of our customers are omnivores, but vegetarians will feel right at home here (we also serve some gluten-free dishes). To add to our regular menu, we have weekly specials sometimes inspired by current events or international days. Booking is advisable. Children welcome.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

So pleased to find great Vegetarian food in Manila. Everything we ate was outstanding. The quinoa salad was my standout for the night. Will be going back tonight before heading to the Palawan. Fingers crossed that this is not the only good vegetarian place in the Philippines!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Corner Tree has some of the best vegetarian food I've ever had; it could easily rival, or beat, the vegetarian restaurants in California, which is renown for vegetarian cuisine. The meatloaf was better than regular meatloaf... I don't know how they make vegetarian gravy but they do an amazing job! I can't remember the other dishes we had but I know I drool whenever I think of Corner Tree Cafe!
Meat lovers will be surprised by how amazing the food is and they won't miss the meat here!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It's my 2nd visit.. i enjoyed now the orange sorbet and the chocolate cake.. it's their 5th year anniversary today.. yahoo.. we are offered free red wine and white wine.. i drunk it all.. i'm a little drowsy right now.. great food.. thank you corner tree cafe..

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I never knew about the Happy Cow and simply asked Google Voice to direct me to a vegetarian resto in Manila. Good thing I was directed to this quite convenient place. From Malate, I was in Makati in a jiffy (no Traffic) right in the midst of Lent where frentic commuters are in exodus to various points in the country.

The cafe is rustic and has its good, old homey charm. I came alone and asked for a corner spot so I can at least observe the whole ambience and how the locals converge for lunch.

It was a nice treat to have something besides Chinese vegetarian dishes or the concoctions of Adventists. I am not disparaging the two because they churn out my staple food. I just love to have something else.

I wish I can recreate what The Corner Tree served me.

All food and drinks come with service charge. No need to grab your tip calculator. They already charged you for it. Keep your wads in your pocket.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I usually don't go for vegetarian restaurants, I'd think their menu might be too thin for a good meal. I was pleasantly introduced to this one by buddy who loves to eat, that was the first recommendation! The menu is quite large and varied, and not a speck of meat! We started with soup, he took tomato and I took carrot. Both were made from freshest tomatoes and carrots, not canned stuff. My carrot soup had a strange undertaste, which the cook said was cumin, but I think there were also very finely chopped pistachios or almonds, some kind of 'nutty' taste. The first platter of starters came, delicately blended homos with toasted bread, accompanied by sticks of carrot, cucumbers and sinkomas (a crispy, juicy fruit between a radish and an apple, hence the fusion!). We then went for samozas of spinach and feta cheese, excellently done in thinly wafered triangles--only three to an order, we should have ordered two dishes of this. We then went for croquetas of spinach and feta cheese, this one a bit chewy, pleasantly chewy, as if 'meat!'

By that time we were almost full, so we didn't order a main course. We did have a light dessert, a fresh orange sherbet, home made, followed by an expesso and a capuchino.

As the place is small, maybe room for twenty comfortably, either come early or choose a light noontime day, or reserve. Waiters and waitresses are very pleasant and welcoming, despite the evening rush and almost full tables! With hard glass windows and a full house, it can become noisy and difficult to hold a quiet conversation! They could put curtains to dampen the noise, or strategically placed dividers.

The Cafe takes its name from a tree in a nearby corner outside which never got cut down despite the onslaught of urbanization.

1  Thank indigoimpala