“24 h Roach Motel”

Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Quezon City
“24 h Roach Motel”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I needed a reasonably priced place to stay in Makati to process my work papers abroad. I chose this place based on the proximity to the places I needed to visit and I was impressed with the pictures on their website.

I booked the sulit studio room online and was told upon check in that the room I booked was not available so they “upgraded” me to a one bedroom apartment. Ok great I thought. When I went to my room I was in for a shock. It looked old, tired and dilapidated. I was given a room on the 4th floor and you can hear the traffic from the street below all throughout the night.

I saw 2 small cockroaches in the small kitchenette. The TV was old and extremely small. The furnishings very minimal and looked cheap. The bell attendant told me that this “hotel” used to be a residential apartment building. Based on what I saw, in my horrible room I believed him. The bathroom tiles looked old and worn, the fixtures grimy from wear. The divider of the wall from the kitchenette/living room area was a painted plywood half wall. You could see the stains on the ceiling above. Even though I booked this room for a full 24 hrs, I couldn’t wait to leave. (I checked in at 8:00 pm and left at 4:30 am). Needless to say, with the noise from the street below, I could not sleep a wink.

Be very careful when you book this “roach motel”. The pictures on the website are very misleading. My only regret was that I did not take any pictures as no one should be subjected to staying in such a grimy place.

I do believe there are some newly renovated rooms but you must specify that upon booking. Also ask for a higher floor so you do not get the noise from the street below.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank theosos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

It took the cab a while to find this place. and after a while i realised most cabs does not know the hotel name but only the street name. Unless you are staying in some 5 star establishements.
when we arrived we were greeted with umbrella and a smile by the armed security guard outside the hotel. but we waited quite long for us to check in after a long flight from malaysia and a bumpy ride from clark airport. so that kinda irritated me a bit. Paid rm 82 riggit per nite for superior room which is a bargain and 1000pesos refundable key deposit.
the rooms are spacious, clean,and pretty good for a budget hotel.beds are comfortable and free stable wifi too. toilets have heaters too.tv have about 40over channels. they also have spa on the 3rd floor and a swimming pool at lvl7.

now the downside will be the walls. as is not cement but wooden partitions in some parts. which i dont mind as its normal for budget hotels. but the next room was really noisy and singin songs up to 2 am at night. maybe im unlucky but i wonder hows the workmanship on the walls as i can even hear the car sounds eventhough my room is not facing the road.

breakfast is pretty simple american breakfast but adequate and tasty. try the tocino with eggs serve with garlic rice.

one thing i wanted to comment is the staff for their honesty. as in the afternoon after checking out the rooms i wanted to extend another night by asking the rates, but the girl at the reception told me if u book online u will get a much better rates. thats really honest of her. and the security was friendly .

overall not bad but i would recommend u too take the room far away from the main road.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank kelyee
Paranaque
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Well after all the stressful things that Aldo and I has done and gone through for the week, all we wanted was one night of rest and peace. I started scouring different websites for good places to stay in Makati.Then I saw a promising place... or so I thought. Ever heard of 24H Apartment hotel along Balagtas St. Makati? Probably a lot of you have not. It is really not worth knowing after tonight, it is probably one of the worst places you even want to go to. You may think that I am exaggerating but let me go ahead and tell you the series of unfortunate events, false advertising and lies the people are actually saying just to get people to stay.

I called up last night for a reservation. The guy taking my reservation asked me if it was a twin bed or just one bed and I said just ONE. It was clear.

We get to the place and true enough it looked promising. The place looked safe and the two front desks although a bit slow seemed nice enough. So here's the deal, they placed us in room 304. the room had 2 beds that looked like it was pulled closer to each other to appear like one bed with two mattresses. the other mattress was higher than the other. I called them up and said I requested for one bed so I expect to have one bed not two beds pulled together. So they said they were going to transfer us. Which they did. Room 306.They advertised that there is wifi in the entire hotel.. and I have also asked the front desk prior to checking in and they said that yes there is! Surprise... No wifi!

We went out for dinner after moving to another room and asked the front desk what time the pool closes, the girl said it closes at 10PM and since there was a function, it will be open to the public at 7PM. After eating we went back and I was so excited to go to the pool and take a dip. On our way up I thought you had to go to the 6th floor to be able to get to the 7th since you can't push the button. Halfway through the stairs, we noticed how dark the area was and that it was locked.

We went back down to the lobby and asked why the pool was closed. They said that it was and it depends on the owner since it was only LENT to them by the building owner. Frustrated we went back to the room, ROOM 306, we find the room with water on the floor. Apparently, there was a leak in the aircon, and yes the idiots placed us there. We called and complained and 15 minutes later, a guy went up to say that we will be moving rooms. we were moved to ROOM 307, when we got in, the room smelled like mixed paint and sweat.We looked for a TV remote and the guy who lead us there said that the TV is manual (ahmmm I don't think so) and no remote. That was it for me. I stormed downstairs and the front desk guy had the nerve to ask what was wrong???

Pathetic customer service. Then they said they were moving us again. To ROOM 305. The room that was right across the first room. Which was available the entire time and we had to move to 3 different rooms in less than 2 hours of being there. It was the most pathetic place you and customer service you can ever find.Which makes you think. Are they just good to foreign clients? Are they just giving good rooms to such people because if they are we out to have a consumer act that protects local consumers and customers.

There is no manager on weekends, the people sitting in the front desk are probably the worst people to be sitting there and worst of all, they promote a hotel that is not even close to the pictures. Don't advertise that you have wifi if you don't. You ought to be closed. Yes, there are no roaches, yes they have no rats but at the end of the day your service is crappy. We have a lot of senators and congressmen. Can you at least come up with a stronger act or law on consumers and customers? We are a poor country but at least we deserve a little respect.

Calling out on people who has had an experience in this hotel. If they have a manager indeed get in touch with me and I will tell you that you are supposed to have a floor plan that can serve as reference to your people. I want to tell you that you are supposed to take care of local customers as well because you will never know what we can bring in as reference to your hotel. You have to train your people unless you yourself is also a piece of crap when it comes to customer service.

Rating on this hotel? 1 out of 10.. If you want an overnight away from home but within manila? Go to Ystaphil Hostel instead in Baclaran because they are not pretending to be something they are not! Yes they don't have a pool but guess what, from the get go you are being told that this is all we are.. You need to serve yourself.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank angelaldo

Travellers are raving about these Makati hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Check in was smooth we booked 4 rooms for all 8 of us. The security and staff are very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with the elevator but they fixed it in less then 10 minutes. The rooms were very nice and spacious with fridge/kitchen/microwave/dinning area but the only problem is there are no silverware at all. I hate cock roaches and I killed 4 small ones and 1 big one the first day but the next 2 days I did not see any, and our family in the other 3 rooms never saw any roaches. They have hot water in the shower so that was good. Breakfast is on the 7th floor next to the pool and jaccuzzi between 7:30am to 9am it was small but good, I really like the tocino/egg/rice meal, but mango juice is additional 35 pesos, they give coffee or orange juice for free. We had to give 500 pesos for each key for deposit if you lose it but it is refundable. Overall we all had a great time and would come back again when in manila.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank branlaine
Dongducheon, South Korea
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The hotel staff is second to none and very nice. Always smiling and very helpful. Security is excellent and also very friendly. Construction is going on inside the hotel and caused a roach problem. Had to switch to 3 different rooms before we got a roach free room. Showers are mildewey and shower heads are rusted. Breakfast bad small asian portion but still good. Surrounding area had lots of roosters which start going crazy at 4am so if your a light sleeper good luck. The hotel is kinda far from all the bars and restaurants so youll be taking a cab everywhere. 1 mile walk to fast food chain restaurants which all deliver anyways. Overall the staff makes up for the hotels deficiencies.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stavy612
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2011

The place is safe and accessible . The hospitality is second to none from security guard to staff / manager. They are all very helpful. I have stayed three times in this hotel between feb-mar 2011, happy and contented. I will stay in this place again if back to Phil, I will recommend this lovely place to my friend.

Maz Abeto