“MUST TRY!!!”

Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very Creative and very delicious as well, one of the highlights of many the restaurants we have visited during our stay in Manila. A must for all if you looking for Filipino fusion dinning.

2  Thank Winstonw7910

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I could say Filipino food with a twist to many other modern Filipino restaurants but they are all different in their own way and MESA has their own unique twist. I liked their Tawilis with Mangga on a Spoon, Tinapa Roll wrapped in Lettuce, Baked Scallops with Garlic Butter and Baked Tahong with Cheese, their appetizers but they could be good as viands too.
We tried Swahe on the rocks and it was an exciting surprise, shrimp truly cooked in hot rocks. I will return to try their other dishes.

2  Thank Joel D
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As indicated by my title, I am not an aficionado of Filipino cuisine. However, it seems to be the place to go in Makati if you're a first-timer (or even if you're not) so my husband and I ventured over and indulged in so much food, we could barely move.

I couldn't tell you how it compares to any other Filipino meal, but we enjoyed it. Our favorite dish was actually an appetizer - the tinapa rolls - but we also thoroughly enjoyed the duck basil fried rice, the sigarillas, and the baked tahong with cheese.

Service was prompt and attentive, without being annoying. The location is right in trendy Greenbelt 5. We were a tad overdressed and hoping for a less casual atmosphere, but others may like that about it. It would be great for a bigger social gathering, since there were some larger tables outside by the bar.

All in all a delicious (and filling!) experience.

2  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Of all the viands we ordered, I would very much have the baked scallops with butter and sinigang with seafood and bean curd again. I enjoyed the sinigang with seafood and bean curd because it incorporated prawns, squid, mussel, and bean curd, much like miso soup, and added cilantro to give it a refreshing twist and taste to it. I loved it. I didn't fancy much the pomelo salad with latik nor the boneless crispy pata (it wasn't that crispy). The concept was ingenious, though.

2  Thank TereMarta
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Dined here with some friends, to get a taste of authentic Filipino food. The atmosphere and service was very laid back, yet attentive. The food and drinks were excellent, and nicely presented. The garlic scallops in the shell are a must! A great, relaxing meal, very reasonably priced.

2  Thank Met45