“Go for the Baby Crispy Pata. Supposed best Halo-halo is just ok.”
Review of MilkyWay Cafe

MilkyWay Cafe
Ranked #79 of 1,366 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Milky Way Café, opened in December 2002, is a creation from Chef J. Gamboa of Cirkulo Restaurant. Going back to his roots, Chef J. Gamboa wanted to create a dining and meeting space with nostalgic highlights, incorporating details from Milky Way's 40 year history. The result is a bright and airy space designed by Arch. Gary Coscolluela. Narra walls, granite counters, molded ceilings, soliha chairs, black and ivory flooring define the restaurant's old world charm. Shelves are filled with special home-made products from Milky Way's line of preserves and native delicacies.The Milky Way Café offers an international menu typical of hotel coffee shops, without the 5-star prices. There is a wide selection of Filipino dishes that Milky Way is famous for, prepared by the original cooks from the 1960s. Favorites include Crispy Hito with Bagoong and Mustasa, Baby Crispy Pata, the Award Winning Milky Way Kare Kare, US Bistek Tagalog, Tokwa't Baboy, Pancit Luglug, Dinuguan at Puto and not to be missed are the Milky Way Halo Halo and Homemade Ice Creams.The Café is open Mondays to Saturdays from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. Its intimate setting is ideal for lunch, merienda, and dinner with the family or for business. Function rooms for 10 to 200 Persons, free basement parking and elevator access are available.
Philippines
“Go for the Baby Crispy Pata. Supposed best Halo-halo is just ok.”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

It was the second time for my husband and I to eat at MilkyWay. We decided to come back for their Baby Crispy Pata which is like Cochinillo but deep fried that we had been craving for. If you want to order this, make sure to call before going because sometimes it is out of stock. The Crispy Pata meat was tender while the skin was crunchy. Yum!

We also ordered the Thai Spring Rolls which we also got the first time we dined there. It was delicious and crunchy as expected. I really love their homemade thai chili sauce.

The Laing was also good.

We tried their homemade ice cream in quezo and chocolate flavor. It was ok, nothing great. I was expecting the quezo ice cream to be more flavorful but it wasn't.

Even if I was already full I decided to order their Halo-Halo which a lot of people claim to be the best one in Manila. It was nothing spectacular. I don't know what all fuss is about.

Prices aren't that cheap considering they serve Filipino food but the quality is good so I don't mind. Will go back to try other items on the menu.

It would be better if they are also open for business on Sundays.

• Visited June 2012

Dasmarinas City, Philippines
“It's like eating in a 5-star hotel without the expensive bill”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I went there with my whole family last weekend and it was actually our first time to eat there. The food are really great! We ordered typical Filipino foods like Kare-Kare, Lechon Kawali, salad, lumpiang ubod and Halo-Halo for dessert. The staffs are very approachable too :) It was indeed a great first experience at MilkyWay Cafe!

The price is really worth it. It's like eating in a 5-star hotel but without the expensive bill. My parents promised me that we'll go back again next month. Looking forward to meet Chef Gamboa on my next visit!

• Visited September 2011