“Great value spot for transiting in Manila.”

Guijo Suites Makati
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Melbourne
“Great value spot for transiting in Manila.”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here twice for our transit days through Manila to other parts of the country and again on the way back home. The first time we has a deluxe room the second we got an upgrade to a junior suite.

The hotel is located in Makati, one of the cleaner districts of Manila and is only a 250p metered taxi from the airport and a 100p taxi to the Greenbelt Malls (awesome shopping malls). Don't use either the pre-paid taxis from the airport or the hotel. At 650-700p each way they are both very expensive.

The deluxe room was around $50 per night, which for this neighbourhood is quite cheap. The rooms are small (or shall we say very cosy) but have everything you need for a short stay. Aircon, hot water, bar fridge, wifi and a comfy bed.

Reasonable food is available from the restaurant. Breakfast is simple but adequate considering we are not spending 200 bucks a night.

The junior suite upgrade was certainly a pleasant surprise. The room is much much bigger. Bedroom, bathroom and living space as well as a kitchenette. Definitely a much better stay, especially as we were travelling with a toddler.

Staff are friendly and helpful and always available.

I give this place 5 stars not because it is like a 5 star hotel, it isn't. But because it is what is says it is: a comfortable and cheap alternative in a great area.

If we ever come back to Manila (on our way somewhere else of course) we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank koizi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I liked this hotel but have one caveat - make sure you request a room on the front of the hotel. I stayed there on two different occasions. The first time I was in the front of the property and had a really enjoyable stay. The second stay I was in the back which faces a large empty lot where locals keep several goats and roosters. The roosters crow all night long so make sure you keep the air conditioner fan running non-stop to block out the sound.

The bed was comfortable and the restaurant was good. The room rate includes a small buffet breakfast which was just fine for me. The staff was helpful and attentive and my stays were nice with the exception of the roosters.

One other thing, Guijo offers a van service to the airport and I also used it to visit Mall of Asia. The drivers were great and the cost was very reasonable. The hotel will not pick up you but they will drop you off.

I would stay here again. It's a boutique neighborhood hotel which was kind of nice (except the roosters).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cdbsoya
Newcastle OZ
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here we stayed 3 nights first then 5 nights on our return from Palawan, the hotel is very new and extremely clean, the security at the hotel is the best I have witnessed, we arrived 6am so as we knew our room would not be ready when we returned after lunch they wanted the stub to prove the luggage was ours and would not let us take it to our room until this was provided maybe pedantic but I knew we were in safe hands. the door to the room sets of a little alarm to let you know the door has not been shut properly, on our first stay the security card to enter our room was not working properly and kept making a bleeping sound within 15 seconds one of the staff was there to see what was the problem, the battery was replaced in the lock straight away. There is a secure in room safe as well.

The rooms yes are small we had room 402 and then 302 on our return which are just the deluxe rooms they have a small window which can be opened and you can see out, the bed was really comfy, tv great quality, small bar fridge very small bathroom which was fine, there was no hot water in the bathroom sink but plenty for the shower, in fact I use to boil the kettle and put that in the sink when I needed to shave. The Wifi was super fast and I never had an issue they also have a apple mac downstairs which you can use if you dont bring your own laptop.

The rooms were cleaned to the highest standard possible, if you ask reception for anything like more soap it was delivered to your room within minutes, breakfast was good plenty for everyone, soup, toast, ham, hotcakes, sausage, rice, noodles, speghetti, scrambled egg, hard boiled eggs, fruit , cereals with fresh milk the staff at the Guijo Suites are one of the best I have encountered always smiling and friendly we never ate at the hotel but I must admit the speghetti in the tomato sauce we had on 2 occasions for breakfast was 10 out of 10.

The doorman were great if you needed a taxi they would run up to the main road and bring one back for you.

Location a bit far from say ayala mall to walk but in a taxi about 80pesos we actually got Jeepneys most of the time once you work out which ones go where they cost about 10 pesos and are a lot of fun.

My wife had a job interview which was done by conference call via telephone to Australia, I would like to thank Sonia for helping us with this by making the line available.

Would I stay here again certainly and I would highly recommend to anyone

Room Tip: 302, 402 have a decent window 303, 403 dont
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Steve T
Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This is my 2nd time there and loved it,stayed in the JUNIOR SUITE and it was perfect for me and my fiancé,Joy,I noticed much more people staying there since my last visit in March 2012,which means "The Guijo Gang" is doing something right....I printed out some maps beforehand so the taxi drivers could find the hotel easier,because its a "Diamond In The Rough",their hospitality is 2nd to none,I will definitely be going back there...Special thanks goes out to Sonia,Ruth,Diocel and the rest of the Guijo staff which I cant remember their names (my bad)for doing a suberb job......=D

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Danny Y
Iserlohn, Germany
Reviewed 28 February 2013

- good location, turn right to fastfood restaurants and supermarket; turn left for at least 2 bars
- great staff, very nice and helpfull
- free upgraded, room was spacious & clean
- breakfast was good, plenty joices of different food

All in all very good hotel. Maybe book early, as it is often booked out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank holykameltreiber
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Paid approximately $50/night for 7 nights. The room was small but clean and the staff were very accommodating. It's a rather new hotel and offers a complimentary buffet breakfast. The choices were limited (scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, canned ham or sausage, toast, rice or potatoes, dry cereal and coffee). Fresh juice was an extra charge. It was close (3-4 blocks) to a good mini-mall, fast food (KFC, Shakeys, Chowking) joints and some very good Turo-turo food stands with well prepared local foods. The area was remarkably safe, lots of security everywhere. I was told the Vice President's family lived in "the village".

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NisperosMA
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Checked-in last February 19-21, 2013. I had a great experience staying at Guijo Suites, the staff were very friendly, courteous and very helpful. The place is clean. The food was good. I love the place since it's near Sacred Heart shrine and the time I spent going to Greenbelt or Powerplant mall was almost the same so it's an advantage for me when I go to either mall from the hotel. Everything is worth more than the price you pay. I highly recommend this hotel and I definitely am going back when I stay Makati again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo