“Super spacious suites”

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Super spacious suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Location:
From the airport, the hotel is really conveniently located, not far from
the Skyway toll-road; I think it took us 15 mins or so from terminal 3, but of course that depends on the traffic.It is reasonably close (but not walking
distance) to the Glorietta mall, and to Mall of Asia.
One drawback of the location is that public transport to the hotel is
not very available, and there are no MRT or LRT lines nearby. This is
relevant because at peak hours taxis can be very difficult to get. Even
from Glorietta getting taxis at peak hours entails queuing up at a taxi
rank for 20 odd minutes; for shopping we found it easier to go to Mall
of Asia only because taxis seemed to be plentiful there. From the hotel,
reception will organise for a taxi to be hailed, which is nice. So
generally not a problem but if you like to return to your hotel during
the day, you may be better off staying somewhere more centrally located.

Rooms:
I booked a Premier suite for a couple of nights, and while the suite is
not luxurious, it is super spacious. Yes, the windows are small, but in
my suite there were two windows on opposite sides of the bedroom and
sitting room, so plenty of light. One benefit of the small windows is
that the suite keeps cool even after a day out.
In the suite I stayed in, there were split type a/c units in each room,
which cooled the whole area well. The WiFi internet access was quick; in the suite I stayed in, the suite had its own access point in the main
bedroom.
Although there is a multipoint water heater below the bathroom sink, the
hot water only seems to be supplied to the shower.

Breakfast:
I found the breakfast ok, but nothing special. I found some of the
cooked foods overseasoned, but there is sufficient variety; and one can
also ask for simple things like eggs to be cooked.

Niggles:
The staff were friendly and attentive, but there is room for improvement
with some things. For example, in a suite which can fit up to three
people, it seems silly that one can only have one room keycard. I had
an issue with one of the a/c units, which could only cool in a
particular mode where one coudn’t control the fan speed (maximum) or
temperature. This issue was never resolved despite raising it twice; we
made do, but really the service in this instance wasn’t good enough.

If I wanted a hotel to stay prior to departing, I would certainly stay again

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Mark I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights last month. Good value for the area though not in central makati so places like greenbelt need a taxi ride. A few restaurants a couple of blocks away but not a lot to choose from. Most taxi drivers don't know the road so a map is advised. staff are very helpful and I would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

When we first saw the hotel, we were take aback with where it is, the surrounding were in bad need of renovation, but once we were in the hotel, the staff and the place was pleasant to see.
Was happy with the room although the toilet should be a little bigger. The surprise was when we went for breakfast, we found couples, filipinas with caucasian men having breakfast and I have come to the conclusion that this hotel is a love nest for couples.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Patrick G, General Manager at Guijo Suites Makati, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Ms ElizabethVeronicaLim,

Thank you for your review. Because of your review, we have taken action immediately to clean the surrounding because of the nearby repairs. It is common to see couples in our hotels however in the weekend, most of the guests are families and group of friends.

I hope to welcome you back with our much improved surrounding and room quality.
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Although the kind and helpful staff, the place is located in an unpleasant area, and the windows in the suite are small like a car window - if you're claustrophobic don't try this. All the rest is average and clean, but since the price is more than 60 USD (and we are in an inexpensive place, not Manhattan) you may expect to get a window, if not a decent view. I heard that the standard (deluxe) rooms have no windows at all (but I am not sure 100 percent).
Breakfast is ok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr Massimo R,

Thank you for your feedback. I regret to learn your experience. All our rooms have windows. Some of them are small however, you can request for a room with a bigger window facing the street. Thank you for your mention on our staff and the cleanliness of the room.

In Guijo Suites Makati, we value our guests and we improve our service by listening to guest complaints. Your feedback will help us to ensure better quality of service and room quality.
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you want a small, Boutique Style Hotel close to the centre of Makati then this is it !
If you not worried about Big Open spaced places, then this will suit you.
Stayed here with my Fiancee last Nov.1-5 for just 2400pesos per night incl breaky.
Breaky not big but adequate but wish there coffee could be a little bit stronger ! lol
Great security in whole street in security fenced & guarded at night time.
Taxi from airport was just over 250p & to Greenbelt malls or nearby Cash & Carry Mall is only 100p. Only bad point was bathrooms are very tight squeeze & would NOT recommend standard or deluxe rms for a big size person !!

Room Tip: Book Online & make sure you have a Map to show the taxi driver at all times if you by yourself...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paem62
Dear Mr paem62,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that our hotel met your expectations. Thank you for your remark on our security and comment on our breakfast. I will certainly improve the quality of the breakfast. I look forward to welcome you back soon to experience our new hotel offers.
Warwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, and for the price I paid, I thought it was good value for money especially in comparison to most other places in Makati. The room was well set out and as the heading states, the staff were there when you needed them

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mr adaajoku,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay in Guijo Suites Makati. I will definitely share your feedback with our staff and I am sure that they will be happy with your comment.

My staff will look forward to welcome you back to Guijo Suites Makati.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend for two nights at the start of our Philippines trip. The location of the hotel was average, although we were not really there to see Manila, but rather a stepping point for our beach holiday. It was on a small street and it was a bit of a walk to the nearest anything (7-Eleven, McDonalds). But it was quiet and safe enough. We ventured out the next day in a short taxi ride to the Greenbelt Mall, which was quite nice and upscale. As for the hotel, it was a great value. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which was quite pleasant with the added room to spread out and a couch and coffee table with television. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was adequate. Later going to Boracay where the internet was an issue in all three hotels, it was nice that we had adequate wireless in the room. The bed was very comfortable as were the sheets. The water pressure and temperature of the shower were also fine. After a long flight from the US and getting in very late, I'm ashamed to admit, we spent much of the next day sleeping, but the quiet room and the comfortable bed had us up the next day at 3 pm, hardly believing how much we had slept. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality at a very affordable price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank card515
Dear Mr card515,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Guijo Suites Makati. I hope you enjoy your stay in Boracay also.

I look forward to welcome you back soon to experience more of our service and better room quality.