From the airport, the hotel is really conveniently located, not far from
the Skyway toll-road; I think it took us 15 mins or so from terminal 3, but of course that depends on the traffic.It is reasonably close (but not walking
distance) to the Glorietta mall, and to Mall of Asia.
One drawback of the location is that public transport to the hotel is
not very available, and there are no MRT or LRT lines nearby. This is
relevant because at peak hours taxis can be very difficult to get. Even
from Glorietta getting taxis at peak hours entails queuing up at a taxi
rank for 20 odd minutes; for shopping we found it easier to go to Mall
of Asia only because taxis seemed to be plentiful there. From the hotel,
reception will organise for a taxi to be hailed, which is nice. So
generally not a problem but if you like to return to your hotel during
the day, you may be better off staying somewhere more centrally located.
I booked a Premier suite for a couple of nights, and while the suite is
not luxurious, it is super spacious. Yes, the windows are small, but in
my suite there were two windows on opposite sides of the bedroom and
sitting room, so plenty of light. One benefit of the small windows is
that the suite keeps cool even after a day out.
In the suite I stayed in, there were split type a/c units in each room,
which cooled the whole area well. The WiFi internet access was quick; in the suite I stayed in, the suite had its own access point in the main
Although there is a multipoint water heater below the bathroom sink, the
hot water only seems to be supplied to the shower.
I found the breakfast ok, but nothing special. I found some of the
cooked foods overseasoned, but there is sufficient variety; and one can
also ask for simple things like eggs to be cooked.
The staff were friendly and attentive, but there is room for improvement
with some things. For example, in a suite which can fit up to three
people, it seems silly that one can only have one room keycard. I had
an issue with one of the a/c units, which could only cool in a
particular mode where one coudn’t control the fan speed (maximum) or
temperature. This issue was never resolved despite raising it twice; we
made do, but really the service in this instance wasn’t good enough.
If I wanted a hotel to stay prior to departing, I would certainly stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guijo Suites Makati is an upscale serviced boutique residence with exclusive suites and rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guijo Suites Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guijo Suites Makati Hotel Makati
- Guijo Suites Makati Metro Manila, Philippines