“It's a place to sleep. That's about it.”

Guijo Suites Makati
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It's not easy to find accommodation in Makati at these prices, but you get what you pay for I suppose. I travel for business a lot and don't have expensive taste, so I know a bad hotel when I see one. I will not be staying here again.

Pros:
- The room itself is not bad. It is nothing special but it is fairly clean and has a comfortable bed. That is about it for the pros.

Cons:
- The place is extremely inaccessible. Although it is really not that far from the business district in Makati, it is just far enough to need a taxi. The problem is, however, that taxi drivers have no idea where this place is. I had 5 taxis completely turn me down during my 4 night stay, even though I gave them a map and the hotel card with the address. To make matters worse, the hotel staff could not even arrange for a taxi to come pick me up from this hotel. When I asked why they had not figured out a solution (like hire some drivers to stay near the hotel) they told me that "it was not their responsibility." After desperately begging them to arrange a taxi and not keep me hostage in their hotel, I waited 30 min for them to bring a taxi until I finally gave up and called an uber myself. Needlessly to say, I was late to my meeting with a client.

- For two nights in a row, they didn't clean my room.

- I won't go into detail, but in general, I constantly felt a sense of "there is nothing we can do" and "that is our policy" for every little thing. Don't expect them to go out of their way for their guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank aroundtheglobeinaday
Patrick G, General Manager at Guijo Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Mr aroundtheglobe, Thank you for your feedback. I regret to learn about the challenges you experienced during your stay. The hotel is very accessible since we are near the main roads of the city. The airport is just 4 miles away and the shopping centre is 1.5 miles away.

We do our best to accommodate our guests’ requests. However, unreasonable requests are not possible to do; such as you want us to charge your credit card in exchange for cash. We have tried to help you to access the nearest atm but your always response was you will give us bad reviews if we don’t grant your unfair requests.

Please accept our apologies for the challenges you have experienced. Our representative will contact you with regards to the details in your review which will help us to improve our service.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

For a little place, rather clean and nice, seriously quiet location, yet near to get taxi. Walking distance to German embassy. True value for money. Just their non smoking policy could do with more vigorous policing and they should charge a severe penalty to guests who smoke in non smoking rooms so they can clean it.

Room Tip: As entire neighbourhood is quiet, not sure if they have any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The conversation went like this at 9.10pm. Hello, I'd like to order some food. Sorry sir, our resto is closed. Really? Ur info says until 10pm every night, I just want a club sandwich. Sorry sir, but yes normally that is the case but tonight our staff have gone home early but u can always ring Macdonalds and get delivery, they only charge 40 pesos :( :( u get the picture and I suppose this is Manila. The same sort of thing at lunchtime when we checked in. It was a very limited menu and prawns was not available so that left just a few dishes to choose from. Fortunately the fish and chop suey was a good choice. Breakfast buffet was just ok. The studio room was pretty small but had the basics. One thing that did surprise me was a note in the room saying that ANY stains on ANY linen, towels etc supplied would be charged a cleaning fee???? White linen too, What is that??? Oh and yes my favourite hate, prices on the Internet don't include taxes and u get 1 measly tiny bar of soap for two people and 1 roll of toilet tissue and no other tissues so my runny nose was rationed on toilet paper :( you get that unfortunately. Nice Lobby and that's where the money is spent, on first appearances.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank maacs09
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Guijo Suites in Makati, for two days when i arrived in Manila, and for a day when i departed to go home. I found my stay most memorable, due to the friendliness of the staff, and the ambience of the interior of the hotel. The rooms have airconditioning in the lounge and both bedrooms. (It's hot in the Philippines and an airconditioner is a plus) The bathroom is spacious and the rooms are clean. It's great value for money and a safe hotel to stay in. The friendliness of the staff stood out for me, they were genuinly interested in making sure that my fiancee, her aunt and I, enjoyed our stay. I can't single anyone out, but the doormen are very helpful, from getting a taxi for us, and the service with a smile. The morning breakfast from 6am to 10am is a must have, as i so enjoyed the variety on offer. (cerial, tea, coffee, fish, salad, bread, vermicilly noodles, fruit, ham slices etc) Many other foreigners frequent Guijo Suites, as it's due to the excellent customer service they provide. It is also walking distance from Chowking, and other eateries. It's not to far from Greenbelt and SM mall, my advice is don't pack too much luguage, as you will end up buying so much items, since the prices are so good. I'll remember the hotel as twin hotels, as Guijo Suites occupies two building directly opposite each other, separated by a road. You will also notice a blue Ford Mustang parked outside the hotel, it's a beauty :) My only issue was on my second visit to Guijo Suites, was that the blankets my now wife and i slept in made us itch a lot. Otherwise, everything was great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manila, you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Isaac v
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had to book an overnight stay because my flight going back home was not on until the next day. This was the most affordable nice hotel I could find in Makati that was not near the red light district. This was also recommended to me by a friend. There was no other nice hotel near the airport that was affordable enough. I also had to meet a friend in Makati that night so it was more convenient.

I didn't have any problems at all. I got what I paid for. There is a gate on the other end of the street, but the security guards were very helpful in calling a taxi for me at 4 in the morning.

And the bottled water from the minibar was only P25!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Ferdinand L
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Guijo Suites exceeded my expectations. It was reasonably priced, the furnishings were of a high standard, it was exceptionally clean and the staff were friendly and accomodating.

The location is a little bit away from central makati but the hotel feels very secure as the road in which it is situated is closed off with locked gates in the evening.

The rooms are not very large but still feel comfortable and relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The only negative was that, in my opinion, the food served at the hotel was overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little hotel with very friendly staff and very comfortable rooms in Makati city. The restaurant-cafe has a variety of options and really nice fresh fruit juices. The wifi both in the rooms and the lobby is excellent. The room I stayed in was on the fifth floor and although it had no view, it was very quiet. The aircon was also very reliable. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014