“Authentic Japanese Restaurant”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you want some real Japanese food then you should definitely come. They have an extensive menu cooked by a Japanese chef. You will feel like Japan once you enter the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We tried this place out last night. The location was not very ideal because it had limited parking spaces. So we had to park in the mall beside it. Before entering the place , we noticed a pack (10 or more) girls hanging out outside, waiting for japanese clients, ( So obviously their pick-up girls, saw one japanese guy picking up two filipina hanging outside and went to call a cab) So I guess this place isnt that Family-oriented. When we entered. We were welcomed by a fat rude guy asking us if we had reservations. The way he said it was actually harassing. When we said no, it took him another 10 minutes before asking us to wait. as if thinking whether or not hell entertain us. then told us with a nonchalant tone that we can sit in the counter area. since we were hungry , we okay-ed it . We were infront of the sushi making station. We ordered:

Estimated price from what I can remember
Uni Sashimi - 215 Pesos
Whelk Sashimi ( Whale; according to the waitress ) - 230
Tempura Shrimp 5 pcs - 340
Katsu Rice - 320
Saiporo Steak - 980
Nuki Udon Ramen - 340 -

Their raw food was okay, small servings, but okay, it was "fresh"
their tempura shrimp was god-awful, looked like a malnourished kid from Kenya
their katsu rice was okay
saiporo steak was great even though it had a VERY small serving, despite being priced at 980 pesos. ( one of the most expensive Saiporo steak Ive eaten in the Philippines so far)

Ramen--- NEVER order their ramen, it was the worst ramen Ive eaten so far. no dressing, the pork tasted so blunt, the soup tasted like soy sauce. I wouldnt recommend this ramen even to my enemy.

Total bill was 3,000 Pesos. For a big establishment , i was actually surprised they didnt have a computerized receipt. Because we were in a hurry I wasnt able to count the total. Hopefully it was correct

I would return to this place. but not in the near future

25  Thank Atiyadlc
Reviewed 18 October 2013

we was starving looking for dinner place in central Manila, Makati city then my boyfriend choosed Seryna and it was perfect. We came back again after trip from Palawan. It was awesome sushi so far. will never forget. Love it!

1  Thank melissawbs
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Traditional food, wide choice of dishes, good and professional service, in a really nice authentic setting. Always a true pleasure to eat at this restaurant

1  Thank Vieuxcool
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My brother treated us in Seryna and I must say this is one of the best places for fresh Japanese food! Now I am not a big fan of raw fish and seafood but dining in Seryna turned me in a convert. The melt in your mouth toro sushi, the lobster sashimi, tako, ebi, uni and scallops were all excellent! The secret being the freshness of these dishes. The presentation of the food was awesome as well. The steak cubes, my daughter's favorite, (I forget what it's called) pops in your mouth and gently melts away. Yum! The yakitori esp. the quail eggs wrapped in bacon and soba noodles were good, too.
The service was great with very attentive and accomodating staff. They gave us a whole chocolate cake for dessert as it was my brother's birthday even if we brought one ourselves. Nice and thoughtful touch.
Seryna is tucked away in Little Tokyo in the Mile Long area, not very big with limited seating and parking. Make sure to reserve if you are a big group. As for us, we will definitely be back for more!!!

2  Thank ninimd