“Fresh”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Came here for dinner on a Tuesday night and it was packed with customers! Overall the food is delicious and fresh especially the maguro and hamachi. The warm sake, hiyayakko and mixed tempura were excellent, however the salmon sushi was just average.
Their clientele are mixture of Japanese, locals and expats. This place is a gem and I'm looking forward to coming back again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The sashimi I had there was not the best I have ever had but it was fresh and the quality of the lunch special was very good. You will not get that lunch deal anywhere else in town for that price. I would go back again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I write this review with some hesitation, because if I tell you how excellent the food is at Seryna I risk making it harder to book a table for myself in the future. Anyway, here goes. Seryna simply has the best sushi and sashimi I have had anywhere outside Japan. They have fish flown in from Japan in addition to getting fish from good local sources so, for most items, you have a choice of excellent and (for a bit more money) "the best". In spite of the amazing quality, the prices are reasonable compared with other good local restaurants and unbelievable by comparison with what you would pay for exactly the same thing in Tokyo or New York. The restaurant is comfortable but not fancy and the other diners are a mixture of Japanese visitors/residents, Filipinos, and people from other countries. Overall, a wonderful experience every time I go.

1  Thank Tubulosity
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am no foodie but I love dining out. Being raised in a fastfood atmosphere, dining out is a staple family affair and a week never passes without trying a new restaurant or simply having a good conversation over good food in a familiar ambience.

My family is not a Japanese Food fan and a Japanese restaurant always comes a second choice over other Asian Cuisine; Thai food is always the first option. But our choice made a great twist when we tried Seryna Japanese Restaurant in Makati City.

Nestled in Little Toky in Chino Roces Ave. Legazpi Village, Makati Metro, Seryna offers a distinct Japanese atmosphere. The architecture defines the simplicity of Japan. The structure, mostly wood, brought me back to my Japan trips.

It was raining hard when we chanced upon this quaint restaurant in Little Tokyo near the Makati Square. Reservation is the key for you to savor their dishes. Unfortunately, we didn't make one but thankful enough because they let us in. The Ilonnga staff made us feel welcomed.

First we tried their Sukiyaki. Commonly prepared in front of the guests (you have an option if you are particular with the smoke), this nabe dish is prepared with thinly sliced meat, vegetables, mushrooms, tofu and shirataki (konyaku noodles) simmered in a sweet soy sauce broth. The pieces of food are dipped into raw beaten egg before being eaten.

We also tried the Yakitori, reminiscent of our street food. Yakitori are skewered grilled chicken pieces seasoned with salt or sauce. Almost every part of the chicken is used for yakitori including the white and dark meat, gizzards, skin, and other organs.

My mom ordered for Yakiniku. I was informed that the price is steep but I felt they were all prepared for it. Yakiniku literally means "grilled meat" and refers to grilling bite-size pieces of meat - mostly beef and pork - on a grill at the table. Specialized yakiniku restaurants are among the most popular restaurant types in Japan and usually serve a wide variety of meat parts at multiple quality (and cost) levels.

The food was better and it became "best" when we were informed that all the raw ingredients come from Japan and is delivered on a daily basis. Even the bottled water comes from Japan. The prices may be a bit high but the thought of having all these fresh from Japan is worth an experience.

To experience this, you need to call for reservation because the place gets full all the time. The number is (02) 894-3855.

1  Thank ShortsTrip
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've lived a stone's throw away from this restaurant for nearly half a year and regret not trying it until now. Sashimi is fresh, cold soba is good. And the waitresses are friendly and very helpful. Great dining experience.