“my friend already told that omakase's food is not so good, but i still try and i just confirmed that my friend is right.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Omakase

Omakase
Ranked #919 of 1,351 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

yakisoba is very salty, i cant really eat it.
the pork shoguyaki? it is no taste. i am very dissapointed! i talked to the waiter and he just ignored my comment in their food. actually i took the picture of what ive ordered in your restaurant to send it in your hotline. i just want to advise that you must change your chef and improve your costumer service.

• Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,270 helpful votes
“Lovely Japanese Food at Ayala Triangle Complex!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

We were actually going to dine in at Kanin Club but as they were closed we walked around and thought the menu at Omakase looked great. Very extensive menu. The place was so busy the night we attended that they extended the closing time.As such service could have improved.

Only disappointment was that several of our first choice dishes were not available. However in the end we chose dishes such as Miso Soup, Grilled Salmon, Yakatori and Chicken Roll.

All the dishes were good and we would certainly recommend dining at this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tommomelbourne
Manila, Philippines
“food is ok but wait staff is undermanned”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Good location after watching the light show at the Ayala Triangle Gardens. We were a party of 11 and I know from experience that it's hard to get a table for that many people so I tried making reservations earlier but I was informed that there were no reservations and it was a first come, first served basis. Consequently, there was a bit of a wait to get a table. The food was OK, not spectacular. The sushi boat had a good selection but lacked enough wasabi and kalamansi. We had to ask for these items repeatedly. Sukiyaki, asparagus beef roll and yakisoba were good. The chicken teriyaki and stir-fried bean sprouts were very bland. Shrimp tempura was excellent with the batter nice, fluffy and light. The wait staff were friendly but looked harassed and overwhelmed. They looked understaffed and could not quite keep up with our requests. Overall, an OK place to eat but would not recommend it for a group of more than 6. If they accepted reservations, it would have been a more pleasant experience.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ellen G
San Francisco, California, United States
“Why is it hard to find decent sushi and good service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

We dined here based on reviews from Tripadvisor. This place was terrible. The sushi seemed a couple days old and the service was lacking attention and hospitality. But then again, this was the second Japanese Sushi Restaurant that we've tried while in Makati, and it was a similar experience to a much more expensive place in a near by hotel.

Seriously, most of the places we've dined in outside our hotel was pretty terrible. I guess I am using my standards that I have become accustomed to in the US...

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank JoeJoeInSF
Makati, Philippines
“Ok lang”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Nice location in the Ayala Triangle Gardens. We had salmon sashimi, California Maki, Shrimp Tempura and a beef dish with plain rice. All of it very average I'm afraid with no stand out dish at all. Don't think we will be returning as better options available elsewhere such as Sugi in Greenbelt.

• Visited September 2012