“Excellent service and staff”

New World Makati Hotel
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is my first time to checkin the hotel after its renovation and I must say it definitely is one of the best in Metro Manila in terms of service and hospitality of the staff. Very great for meetings and conferences as well. Very close to shopping places and convenient for eating out

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank docnemie
There are newer reviews for New World Makati Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I wasn't sure what to think when a guard checked the underside of the car and inside the trunk, and then a dog sniffed my luggage before I was allowed to go inside. Once inside, however, the staff was warm and inviting. My non-smoking room wasn't available, so they upgraded me to an executive room (See photos). They said that it was just renovated. if it WAS just renovated, I'd hate to see what a non-renovated room would be like (I hear they are all getting renovated). My room was nice, but seemed slightly dated, and might need some touch-ups soon. Make no mistake - It was nice... I'm just surprised that it was just renovated.

The gym was good, with lots of equipment, but there was little air, so it was really hot and stuffy.

The breakfast buffet was really good, with choices from, around the world.

The hotel is across from a HUGE (I do mean HUGE) mall with plenty of shopping and dining choices. I was there on a Friday night, and it was full of people dining and shopping.

Overall, I was really impressed with the hotel. The warmest staff I have met so far. Well done!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NelPit
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is ideally located across Greenbelt shopping center in the heart of the central business district. I would recommend staying at the "residence club rooms" occupying the upper floors of the hotel. These rooms are newly renovated. Big spacious bathroom features a deep soaking tub which opens into the bedroom. Beds are comfortable. There is a fully equipped business center, and pleasing staff are very eager to serve. Club lounge newly renovated as well with refreshing high tea and snacks in the afternoon. Overall stay is comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Expl0rerII
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The renovated rooms are simply great. Comfortable bed and pillows, modern furniture, and all amenities and toiletries that a 5 star hotel should offer. The decoration is simple, but with good taste. I specially liked the robes and the bathroom with indirect light.
The only complaint I would have is regarding reception staff at check in. It took about 20 minutes to check me. It seemed that it was his first day in the job (which he confirmed it wasn't). However, once checked in, everything else was perfect.
The hotel is located just in front of Greenbelt Mall, which is great for shopping and dinning options. I would definitely recommend to stay at New World hotel, but make sure you print your reservation, specially if you paid in advance.

Room Tip: Any renovated room should be good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Koush_Ann
FSchoucair, General Manager at New World Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay in our hotel. I was happy to read that you have found our newly renovated rooms to your satisfaction.

However, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to your lengthy check-in. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with my team to ensure that such incident does not recur.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here from 18/04/14 for 4 nights, husband arrived one night early to find renovation works were ongoing after complaining that there was no mention on the web site of this we were upgraded to a higher floor. Room comfort cleanliness and decor were excellent, having stayed in almost all of the 5*hotels in makati the breakfast we rated as the best in makati, choice quality and the temperature of the food could not be faulted.
The meals we had in the restaurants were faultless with one exception which was the Chinese restaurant however after complaining the bill was reduced.
The staff throughout the hotel were pleasant and courteous. The swimming pool and surrounding area was clean and the sun beds were comfortable.
In our opinion one of the best if not the best overall hotel as the location is also fantastic with only a short walk to Greenbelt

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor until the renovations are completed
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrandmrsc2006
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I live in a small provincial town in the Philippines and need a trip to the big city every so often for shopping, dining and seeing friends. I keep coming back to the New World for my weekend visits. Other hotels in the vicinity are $10 or $20 cheaper per night, but that is not enough to get me to switch.

I have never had an issue with my reservation. I frequently get early check in and late checkout. The rooms are always spotless. The staff is courteous and extremely helpful.

Proximity to Greenbelt is a big draw for me, but it's the hospitality that makes me a repeat guest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Greenbelt side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Relainey
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just completed a 7 night stay and everything was great. Here is my review:

Arrival: I arrived on a Monday morning at about 1:30 am. The trip from the airport was about 220 pesos, which included the 20 peso fee to use the expressway and the trip took about 15 minutes. Using the advice of others, I used the yellow taxis, which is supposed to be the safer one to use. The bummer part was since I was arriving Monday morning, I had to pay for Sunday night so I could be guaranteed a room. Good thing I did because the hotel was full due to the World Economic Forum.

When the taxi got to the hotel, a security guard checked under using a mirror. Once he checked it, that is when he opened the barrier. I noticed they did this procedure for all vehicles entering the driveway. In addition to this, there was a bomb sniffing dog that checked my suitcases. My first impression was the hotel was very safe.

Check In: Due to the late hour, there was no one else checking in. The lobby area is very expansive, during the day there are at least 5-10 workers assisting you. The only thing was the room that I was assigned had two separate beds, instead of one. The hotel staff said that I can check with them later that morning on switching the room. She did say I was assigned a renovated room.

Room: Here is the part I wish I knew beforehand. When I got to the room (19th floor), I pressed the card key to the pad and the door unlocked. I then tried to turn on the lights, but I could not find a light switch. After couple minutes searching, I called the front desk and she told me that I had to place the card key into a box located right inside the door area. When I did this, the lights and ac turned on. The front desk person apologized she forgot to say something.

To me, the room looked exactly like the pictures on the website. It was big enough for me and my two suitcases. The weird thing was the two beds. The space between the two beds was about 3 inches. I was used to having a wide space between them.
There is a mini bar, the hotel staff removed the items because I needed the refrigerator for my other drinks. The bathroom had a shower stall and bathtub and enough counter space for me to place my bathroom items.

The air conditioned worked great, the instruction on how to use it is located in the booklet.

Location: The hotel is located right across the Greenbelt Shopping Complex. There are 5 phases, and the hotel is located across phase 3. The shopping complex has many different stores, restaurants, fast food locations, and also a supermarket. From Greenbelt, you can walk to several other shopping malls (Landmark, Glorietta, and SM). Each mall has different stores and restaurants.

Hotel Staff: To me, the hotel staff was one of the best I ever experienced. No matter what the situation was, they was very accomidating. True, some of my request was difficult or against their policy, but they explained it and tried their best. During the day hours, there was staff all over the lobby area (there was even two staff members on either side of the elevator area) to press the button but also to hold the door open. They truly made me feel special.

Restaurant: I ate just at the Café for the morning buffet and it was very good. The buffet was about 1100 pesos and it had all sorts of Filipino and American dishes. There is also a separate menu if you don't want the buffet. I did not try the other restaurants.

Overall Impression: I did not encounter any negative item during my stay. Since I had a renovated room, I did not see any wear or tear. I was high enough where the traffic noise did not bother me. The hotel staff and location was great. I did encounter people outside the hotel offering various services for money, but I saw this all over the place.

All in all, a very good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends