New World Makati Hotel
US$130
US$122
Agoda.com
  • Pool
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Pool
US$105
US$90
3,816 results
All reviewsresidence clubgreenbelt mallgreen beltbusiness tripthe club loungeexcellent locationbreakfast buffetexcellent staystar hotelconvenient locationliving roomdollyshoppingwilsonmanilajasminesecurity
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I am very surprised that the hotel is right in the center of Makati city, just crossing the street, I could reach the famous area--Greenbelt, abusolutely a trendy lifestyle relaxing place, with a lot of shops, terrace restaurants and walking street; especially after long business hours, it is perfect place to have a break and rest.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, I really felt it is "home away from home" since I was there for 2 weeks. They could remember my likes while I had meals in the restaurants or by room service; the staff smile make my trip very wonderful and short...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Lady201052
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is the second time that I have stayed at this property. The first time was when it was a Marriott Renaissance and now this year it is branded as a New World property. The rooms are very large and have the standard amenities one finds in most properties. The rooms do, however, need some sprucing up. It looks as though the management is slowly going thru each of the rooms and fixing things but they need to put in new carpet and new coverings. The television is a tube-type and you must pay extra for an internet connection. Towel service was very good and the room was very clean. I did not find any bugs in my room. It did appear as though the air conditioning units of the hotel were having some difficulty in keeping the rooms truly cool especially after a quick shower in the morning. The breakfast buffet was very plentiful and there was a wide selection for all kinds of tastes. The exercise rooms are very large and there is a variety of machines. The pool is also nice although it does not get the afternoon sun. It is not the Shangri-La or Peninsula but you are not paying those kind of prices. The staff, I thought, was very professional and very good. We needed a car each day and it was taken care of with no problems at all. They were very, very friendly. All in all, it is better than a year ago and I believe that it will be better as management works on certain things.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mccscrum
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I chose this hotel based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. The facility itself is decent although a bit tired (It used to be Marriot). Location is prime - literally across the street from Greenbelt 3, so an easy walk to Makati shopping and restaurants.
I had a problem with reservation when 1st site did not confirm, so I ended up accidentally with two reservations. I immediately notified the hotel that I had done this and canceled one of the two reservations. But their response was that I had NO reservation and I'd have to contact the web site to get them to send a confirmation (I had a printed one). While in another country, on another part of my trip, I had to contact the hotel/site 3 times before the hotel just did their homework and found the paperwork! Bad service. When I arrived, I asked that they compensate for this by allowing my use of internet since I had to spend time/money to resolve the reservation while traveling. They would only offer 1 day of service (which did not appear as I tried to log in) and wanted their usual $20/day otherwise.
Amenities like laundry are very high - about $50 for a small bag of laundry (< 1kg). And our towels or bathmat would disappear every few days randomly. The water went out for a complete afternoon. The air conditioner was erratic and (I think the case with many Asian hotels) I believe it went off each night, so I'd wake up very hot until it kicked in sometime in the morning. All in all, I had to call the hotel about problems at least 1-2 times per day. We were given misinformation or no information on inquiring from the concierge about certain sites in the area. The lobby is beautiful, but smells of mildew. There was a bug in the room when I entered. And when I left I found some bugs and baby bugs in one dresser drawer!

Therefore, given the state of the facilities and the less than stellar service, I'd can't give an enthusiastic recommendation.
The hotel may be on par with others in the area (similar to Dusit, not as good as Shangri-La) and the staff appears to be trained to *emulate* good service, but when they are actually required to provide such service, they fall short.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank SalsabyJake
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I stayed for two nights,and took an upgrade to the Club floor. Found the service excellent, especially at the club lounge. Did not get much time to use the hotel's fitness and leisure facilities, but the pool looked great. The view from the room was fascinating - the Green Belt on one side and the airport in the distance, on the other. The only issue is that one cannot pick up miles or points on any of the top airlines.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Abhijit_BLR
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Moved here after two bad choices!!

I had stayed here before on at least 3 occasions, this time I was trying to keep my costs down, a bad mistake!

What a relief to walk back into the massive lobby and check in.

The location could not be better right opposite Greenbelt 3 staff were excellent as usual the price I paid was the walk in price so could have had a better deal by booking in advance via a website.

I stayed here twice on my trip first time on 19 floor for 3 nights and then 2 nights on the 18 floor, the room on the 18 floor was getting a little tired and will need updating to remain as good as you would expect.

This hotel used to be under the Marriott but is now under new owners I hope that standards remain as we have been used to.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple