“Good location hotel”

Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Visited Manila in early Dec 13, staying in Shangri-la Makati for 4 nights. the hotel is located only 30mins from the manila airport and it is right at the heart of the city, nearby shopping is great, with all the Green belt shopping village and other up market malls around. The area is very safe too. right in front of the hotel there is a Starbucks store which is my favorite store to visit.

The hotel room is clean and huge bed too, the docor is a bit out dated but still in good function and well maintained. The hotel facilities are great, gym, swimming pool and conference facilities is good. There are 3 restaurants in the hotel and the chinese restaurant is excellent which i rated this restaurant highest amount other restaurant that I visited before in other countries. The Japanese restaurant is also very good, the varity of dish offering in the menu is great and all taste great. Althought the price is a bit higher than usual in this city, I still think it is worth to try.
Overall this is a good place to stay for business and for family would like to explore Manlia.

Room Tip: The hotel is at the city center and higher is the better.
1  Thank eskchan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,739)

Reviewed 17 December 2013

When travelling on business we tend to go to 'cookie cutter' hotels and these are totally acceptable. Every now and then you use a hotel that steps out of that mould. The Makati Shangri La is that. The rooms are superb, comfortable, spacious and well appointed. The cleaners even note what fruit you eat and replace with extra of that, in my case mangoes. I was fortunate enough to be using the Horizon Club because of meetings and the 2hrs free use each day. Now to the extra effort, in the evening they have cocktails and snacks in the club, I like a specific drink so on the first night I asked if they had a can of the mixer I needed, there was none in the hotel, the manager in the club(Miss Jade)asked if I minded waiting a few minutes as she would send someone out to the store to buy some in. That is what real customer service is! As it happened I demurred and had a different drink that evening, however the next night as I sat down, my mixer was bought to my table. What service, I know it is a minor point and trivial but getting those points right tends to lead to getting the big things right as well.

In my list of hotels that I will always use in a particular town, the Makati Shangri La is constant winner. When they get the new 'Conways' up and running it will be back to it's old self.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gulag2448
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Restaurants are pricey but food is excellent. Hotel food is pricey but excellent. Ambience is outstanding. Service is outstand – service provider’s politeness appears authentic. Great to stay. Highly recommend this hotel. The only disappointment is the internet. Internet service was off and on – sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn’t. A bit frustrating.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and very accommodating.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am a regular customer at Shangri-La Hotels and I can say that Shangri-La stands out in terms of service and quality. The buffet breakfast at the Shangri-La's are second to none and the Makati Shangri-La exceeds expectations. While the price of the room is at the upper range, there are benefits that justify the cost.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Positive.
-All staff are polite and corteous. From the reservation officer I talked over the phone, the guards at entrance doors, lobby officers who checked us in, staff who answered and brought my request for new pillow, restaurant staff and pool lifeguard.

-I love how big our bed was!

-Elegant room design
. I appreciated the tables and other furnitures have rounded edges. I dont have to worry about my toddler running around the room to get hurt on the corners of the tables.

-Superb breakfast buffet. I would have made myself more hungry as I didn't get to enjoy each dish.

NEGATIVE
-First thing I checked when we got inside the room was the bathroom. There was no toilet bidet. :( For a 5 star hotel, I was not expecting this basic hygiene necessity to be missing. Frontdesk said, some rooms in the Suite have bidets in their bathroom. Why would you choose rooms for bidet availability? Everyone, regardless of money or stature has to wash up their 'you know what' after doing their toilet business.

-Incomplete toiletries. The other non 5star hotels give more complete set. Ours didn't even have cotton balls and disposable shaver.

-Generic or unbranded toiletries. Again, this was just my expectation for a 5 star hotel. Dusit Thani uses L'Ocittane. I'm not sure if it's dependent again on the room type you availed.

-The extra blanket and pillow in the closet smells like it has already been used. I'm guessing the previous user of the room neatly folded the blanket and pillows again and stashed it back in the closet. Housekeeping assumed it was never used so never bothered changing them to fresh linens.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ava_garde06
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is one of the finest hotels I have stayed in during all my years of business travel. I cannot say enough about the quality of the room, the food and the service I experienced during this trip.
The room has all the amenities required for a business traveler. Plenty of power outlets, fast internet wireless access, quiet, large and very clean.
The staff were exceptional. I stayed on the Horizon Club floor and made full use of the club amenities including high tea and a happy hour reception. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they made the long trip from the USA very worth while.

Room Tip: Request a room on the Horizon club floor
1  Thank Ian L
Reviewed 13 December 2013

5 star service, amazingly efficient at arranging anything - you just can't be disappointed!
Large well appointed room.
Great location in Makati, with the great Greenbelt bar/restaurant area 5 minutes walk away.

We were actually visiting as tourists not on business (2 nights only between the beaches of El Nido and Boracay) but found this location with its good nightlife suited us.... Although during the day went to the old quarter of Intramuros, and a food tour of Chinatown.

And we loved the Christmas decorations in the lobby!.... A moving reindeer and sleigh!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple