“Shangri-La Makati July2014”

Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Ms Stephanie Santos, Horizon Club Manager is an exceptional professional She leads a staff of dedicated professionals that are unmatched in the industry. Ms. Santos and her exceptional staff at the Horizon Club are the reason guests return to the Shangri-La Makati repeatedly.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Paul L,

Thank you for taking the time to single our colleague, Stephanie, out for her hard work and heartfelt service to guests such as you. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to her, who is truly an asset to the company. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you find yourself in Manila once more.

Yours truly,

Area Manager / General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,779)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Good service and best location in Makati, close to green belt and shopping
very goos Horizon Club. Good amenities, rooms very clean. Kindness of the service. Quietness can be improve because of heavy traffic even in the top floor rooms

Room Tip: Nice room quietness can be improve because of heavy traffic, even in the top floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Claude-michel S,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. Good to know you found time to explore the area. I hope to see you in the hotel when you travel back to Manila.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Came back again to the ShangriLa-I stay here every time I go to the Philippines. It feels like home to me when I walk in the lobby and smell that fragrant scent. The Shang lobby is very busy, lots of business travelers, balikbayans and foreigners here for business or pleasure. The grand staircase and the huge seasonally decorated chandelier is always a fabulous display. The lobby bar is huge and great place to meet for drinks, Circles Buffet is an excellent breakfast/brunch place, and the huge front desk is staffed with beautiful educated and courteous staff. I got my room which looks out to the pool and the malls below. As always, the bed is big and comfortable, and the workspace and closet space is ample and plenty. The bathroom is huge! Has a tub, a separate shower, a toilet and a bidet! Bidets are quite unusual in this country or in many American hotels but they have it! The toiletries are awesome-curiously, the blow dryer is outside and by the dresser. I came here for a wedding at Sanctuario de San Antonio in Forbes Park, with the reception at the Manila Polo Club, and both places are very close to this hotel and convenient by car or taxi. It is also walking distance to many restaurants, the shopping area that includes Landmark, which also has its own chapel on the top floor combining 2 weekend activities for Filipino families-church and shopping! Next door, the Fairmont Raffles just opened. It will be curious to see how the competition plays out. Love the ShangriLa-see you next year!

Room Tip: Get an Exec room or junior suite if available!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear RichieSel,

I appreciate the detailed review, and am very glad to know that you and your family had a great stay while you were in town. It’s good to know that you were able to go around the area in leisure. We would very much love to welcome you again in the hotel when you get travel back with your family to Manila once more.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

There is nothing negative about this hotel - everything was excellent from check in to departure. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful , the location was perfect & the food was of a good standard.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Laura C,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I’m happy to know that everything went seamless during your stay, as we, at Makati Shangri-La, always make sure that guests have a delightful experience from day one until departure. I look forward to your next stay with us when you travel back to Manila in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

OVERJOYED!!!! We had our wedding in Makati Shangri-La last Aug 4 in Makati A&B, we were referred by a friend to Ms Rubi de Vera then was passed on to Ms. Conessa Rosales, she was the one who helped us to to make our wedding beautiful, all our requests were graciously accommodated and even proactively offered some value added stuffs that really gave value not only to our wedding but to me and my husband as well. We also stayed overnight on the wedding day and I was really amazed on the room arrangement and joyfully surprised on the perks that were extended to us like early check in an late check out then the room came as a hue surprise to me with all the petals, champagne, cake and the bed arrangement was really sweet, the details were so impressive. On the wedding reception, the banquet team were very amiable, pro-active, assertive, they were all so nice and very service oriented, I can really sense their sincerity in service and their professionalism as well. The food were also amazing!!!! Everyone loved the food, beautiful arrangement, sumptuous food, lovely crew....Makati Shangri-La, Manila really made us fell in love with them. Though I have been to Shang before as a wedding guests, for a meeting in fact I was even a member of the golden circle club years ago but it's my first time to closely work with everyone in a personal way and the service was treated by Shang in a very personal level. By the way, the crew and food in circles were also excellent. Good food, perfect service!!! I love you Makati Shangri-La even my husband who is not used in going to hotels is very impressed and happy with Makati Shangri-La. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping our dream wedding possible. WE LOVE YOU MAKATI SHANGRI-LA!!!! God bless and more power!!!! From the guards, bellboys, concierge, reception, events, banquets, circles crew, service were all superbly excellent!!!! Told my husband to celebrate our 1st anniversary in Makai Shang next year! :)

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Rhycel

Dear Rhycel,

First of all, allow me to extend my sincerest congratulations to you and your husband on your wedding! Thank you for deciding to hold this momentous life event with us. I agree that a wedding is a very personalized event so every detail should be meticulously taken care of, which I’m very pleased to hear Conessa and the banquets team did without fail. I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing you again in the hotel for future celebrations.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my second stay at the Makati Shangri-La and I can now add Consistency to the list of positives I took away from my first visit this time last year. Friendly, attentive, prompt staff and a gorgeous property make this an exceptional home away from home! I look forward to my next stay!

Dear Rusty S,

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I’m happy to know that you found your home away from home while on this side of the globe. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us when business takes you back to Manila again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed there in July for the 2nd time on a 3-night business trip.
The check-in is always a breeze as the limo driver would call the hotel upon reaching, so that the hotel guest relation lady would be greeting us at the door.

I don't have to queue to check in at the counter but immediately was brought up to my room, and just need to provide her the credit card details to fill in, and the porters would bring up the bags almost immediately.

Location is superb, with a mall and supermarket just 2 mins walk away, and Starbucks and UCC coffee just across the road, which provides cheap breakfast if you decide not to eat in the hotel if the rate does not provide free breakfast. Very convenient if you like to eat out there's lots of fabulous restaurants at Greenbelt, which is just a 5-min walk away.

Love the lounge for drinks and this time I manage to check out their Sage bar. The band is super talented and entertaining!

The only comment I have was a little dirt on my basin upon my check-in, and I have an additional charge of limo added to my bill but these were quickly sorted out when I emailed the hotel.

1  Thank Halo2

Dear Halo2,

Thank you for taking the time to write in detail about your experience. It’s great to know that you had a wonderful and worry-free stay. We hope to welcome you another time when business takes you back to Manila again.