“Nice but not as nice as the other Peninsula hotels”

The Peninsula Manila
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a Club room. Smooth checkin process in separate area for club guests. Offered Snacks and Drinks in the club Lounge is nice but just average compared to other Lounges in Asia.
Room was okay, everything clean but not more... The room looks not very fresh and new... Also the smell was not very nice. Nothing to cpomplaint because it is probably throughout the Hotel the Same.Only attraction is lobby and Pool area.
Breakfast was good but mostly to crowded. Dinner in the Asian Restaurant was good but overpriced. Spa location is average and Treatments, too.
If you expect to have the peninsula experincea like in Bangkok oder Hongkong, you will be disappointed, next time we will try a newer Hotel in makati....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roemsch
Write a ReviewReviews (2,253)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Peninsular was a great way to start a holiday to the Philippines. From being met at the airport to being coaxed exhausted through Friday night Manila's nightmare traffic, the hotel did not out a foot wrong. The rooms are comfortable, the foyer unforgettable. The restaurants were reasonable value for a top hotel and surrounding areas were easy to get to without major effort. A stalwart amongst leading international hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Peninsula Manila has been an iconic hotel to my family. Relatives from elsewhere would stay here whenever they have the chance to visit home (Manila), I had my wedding reception here, played music in couple other weddings, candidly spent weekends, enjoyed penpal ice cream with friends, had meetings, or simply hanged out at the lobby for coffee or anything.

The Peninsula never cease to impress me and my family with their ambiance but most of all by their sincere and courteous service.

I am excited to learn that they are turning the old but iconic train station here in Yangon into another Peninsula hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful hotel located dead smack in the heart of Makati City. I have stayed in this hotel a few times and it is probably one of the best hotels in Manila I have stayed in! Great staff, contemporary furnishings, great location, great spa. Only downside it the mattress is as hard as sleeping on the ground. Nice time I am there, I would like to attend the afternoon tea, I attempted to have afternoon tea on Easter Sunday, but the wait was ridiculously long!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank A D
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The rooms are wonderful, the breakfast buffet is amazing, the service is top notch. While walking through the lobby, the staff greeted us and remembered our names! We enjoyed listening to the live music being played in the lobby at night!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tess923
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Probably one of my favorite hotels in Manila. OK. I love this hotel. The main reason is the lobby of the hotel. It's beautiful and screams luxury, but not over the top. I also like the fact that the lobby resto is open 24 hours for socializing and business deals. If you get lucky, you can be having tea or coffee next to Imelda Marcos or other Filipino celebrities that frequent there.

I like the hotel's sedate sophistication. The rooms are what you might find in a luxury hotel, quiet, comfortable with quality bedding and furniture. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, and polite.

It's walking distance to the Philippine financial district and excellent shopping. I stay here whenever I can.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jetters888
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My Husband & I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week trip before flying back to UK.
Check in was ok but we had to request a map and weren't shown the services of the hotel or offered any tour? For 5 star I would expect this as standard?
Room was average. Everything was just average. I suppose I'm comparing this to all the 5 stars we have stayed in but we are in the Philippines and as we learnt they are behind when it comes to this.
The entrance area where you can have cocktails in the evening is grand and feels really relaxing to sit at night where we had a lovely cocktail and nibbles.
The Thai restaurant was very average but supposed to be 5 star as well? We have eaten at better beach cafés in Thailand! The service was non existent we waited over 30 mins for our wine to come and then they didn't have the one we ordered! The poor girl working was virtually on her own running around all the tables under a lot of pressure from all the guests? Note to management - employ more staff?!!
Breakfast was a complete disorganised mess... Terrible service. None of the staff seemed to know where plates, bowls were when there were none to use? Very unhelpful staff too and chaotic atmosphere.
Would I stay there again... Probably not as in all honesty Manila wasn't a highlight for us and I would only rate this 4 star at most.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple