“Consistently Excellent”

The Peninsula Manila
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for 16 years and stay on average in 45 hotels worldwide per year. This hotel continues to be my favourite hotel worldwide for sheer class and quality of service. The standard of the hotel and services continue to be consistently excellent whether you are on business or a leisure stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and stay on the Club Floor for Club Lounge access
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I spent 7 days on this hotel on a business trip to Manila, it was my first time in Manila and for sure the staff at this hotel make my trip much easier. Great customer service for sure. As I was working night shift for a couple of days I need it to have my dinner at 1 AM in the morning at the room and the room service was great, good food, fast service. They have an awesome SPA with a great variety of services that are perfect to help you to recover from the Jet Lag. Swimming pool is nice and restaurants in general are really good. The only opportunity is the Bar where they allow to smoke inside and even for smokers like me it was too much to tolerate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times. Always first class service. Good choice of restaurants. Beautiful lobby area - great for holding lunch meetings. Easy to reach business district from the hotel but do allow time to get through the terrible manila traffic.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ExplorerLog
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I made my reservation using American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts package.

My reservation was all in order, and my reservation was for a room on the executive floor, which was kindly upgraded, as per the benefits of the package.

Pleasant room, well-appointed with a view over the Makati cityscape. Good ambiance in keeping with the elegance theme which dominates its website. I used the ‘Spices’ Asian fine dining restaurant which was a very enjoyable experience with good food and attentive service. A good selection of signature dishes, representative of various Asian countries. Great choice of meals, wines and beers.

My stay was short, just overnight and packed with meetings, so not too much time to enjoy.

The second benefit of the Fine Hotels and Resorts package is a one way transfer to the airport. I utilised that at check out. You can imagine my disappointment when they provide a ‘hotel taxi’ – far out of keeping with the ‘elegance theme’ that dominates their website. The taxi played radio music throughout the journey. For certain you don’t see a picture of a hotel taxi on their web site!!!! The expectation of being provided with a hotel taxi was somewhat akin to how I would have felt had the fine dining restaurant, Spices used plastic cutlery. Very tacky Peninsula. If you can’t afford a limo, better not to offer anything at all. For sure the Peninsula in Hong Kong wouldn’t provide you with a taxi transfer!!! Maybe an exchange of staff would be beneficial so they can learn in this respect.

I'm back in Manila this week - not at the Peninsula I would add.

Room Tip: Just avoid the transportation service.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Sadly, the service and quality of this establishment has deteriorated. Dirty carpets, busted lightbulb, no wastebasket in both my room and the toilet (I had to request), a few clueless hotel staff and a general unpreparedness dealing with foreign card transactions made for a disappointing and underwhelming business trip. I have always loved the old world style and charm of this hotel, but now sadly I think it's just old, and needs to look at upgrading both its facilities and quality of service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank josieposie
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for the last leg of our trip to Manila, hotel is exclusive and is visited mostly by business people.

Pleasant customer service and Room's big enough for 3 people.

Amenities are very close too!

Room Tip: if you're not fussed about the walking distance from the hotel to the shops, this is hotel's...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christiandel R
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is always my first choice when I need to get away and my previous stay here was near perfection. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and comfortably - sized. The beds and pillows are comfortable and the toiletries are well thought out. The best part is going down for a cup of coffee or tea at the hotel lobby where one can just sit down and relax. However this last stay was a little troublesome and inconvenient. My room had a problem with its air conditioning. After several attempts by their engineers, who came in and out of the room, to fix this problem, and couldn't, I was asked to switch to a different room on a different floor. However it was late in the evening and I had to repack and reload my suitcase and walk down the long halls in my pj's. The management and staff did apologize profusely, but didn't offer anything extra for the inconvenience, and since I was only staying overnight, most of the day was taken over by this incident. I would just like to recommend to the management of this hotel that regular maintenance checks of the rooms, air conditioning, etc, should be done before you place customers in any of your rooms so that this kind of incidence would not happen again in the future. Lastly, check your linens. The linens in the room you moved me too, had stains on it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo