“Another Relaxing NYE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Manila
“Another Relaxing NYE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My wife booked online a 2br (two months ahead) to welcome 2014. We were also here last year to celebrate the New Year.

Stayed at their newly renovated flat in bldg B.

Likes
- we were supposed to party at a nearby hotel, but got comfy and fell as sleep :p
- good view of fireworks at the nearby residential area and CBD (Global City?)
- new appliances; TVs, radio, aircons (now split type), wireless phones
- new furnitures, kitchen equipment and utensils
- foldable baby cot available
- responsive staff service
- no hassle during checkout
- basic gym, cardio and weights

Need improvements
- breakfast at the old Swiss. Served 3 weird meals. I don't know what dish they are. I will be happy just to see crispy bacon and beans
- chaos when requesting for omelet
- during check in, we were initially told that there's no more 2br available. That's after confirmed reservation 1-2 months ago! Reception needed to do some magic
- nothing we can do at their small (~50? sqm) cold pool, but kids will still like it

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
pbarnes83, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear marcgorospe,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Olympia Makati. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your stay experience with us. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

With regards to breakfast, I have highlighted your feedback to our F&B operator and reiterated the need to improve breakfast quality as well as service standards. My team and I will continue to monitor their performance and service delivery.

Regarding the unavailability of 2br upon your arrival, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you encountered. We welcome suggestions such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve. Please be assured that I will coordinate these observations with the respective team members.

Sir, we will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Residence Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

If there is anything I would appreciate in any hotel I stay in, it would be the courteousness and honesty of staff. I got both from Somerset Olympia.

I was rushing off to my next destination so I dropped by the front desk to check out then urgently proceeded to have breakfast. When I came back to finish checking out, the front desk attendant informed me that I left my wallet on the counter. I didn't even realize that I lost my wallet until she told me.

I later learned that her name was Mayeth. She deserves my appreciation and Management's commendation for her courtesy and honesty. May your tribe increase.

PS. Will definitely go back to Somerset Olympia on my next trip to Makati.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Noel M
Dear Noel M,

Thank you for your kind feedback and your patronage at Somerset Olympia Makati. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and find that our staff, facilities and services are to your high expectations.

I will personally convey your commendation of courtesy & honesty to our Guest Service Officer, Mayeth along with a copy of your feedback.

On behalf of all the staff at Somerset Olympia Makati, we were honored to have you as our resident. We shall look forward to be of service to you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed for one night in Oct 2013 here. It didn't give me the feel of an Ascott property at all. The Internet access in rooms is at exhorbitant prices. Breakfast options are equivalent to a 3 star hotel. The lobby area Rooms appear old and worn out. The special requests were not catered to by the hotel. Not recommended for the price you pay! The location is good and it is close to Greenbelt shopping area (walking distance)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank yogi_tiwari
Philip B, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear yogi_tiwari,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online feedback for Somerset Olympia Makati.

We are sorry to hear of your unhappiness during your recent stay with us. Your concerns on the internet and breakfast has been relayed to our service providers. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

I am also pleased to share that Somerset Olympia Makati has completed its refurbishment last March 2014 and we are proud to offer you a new look for the lobby and modernized rooms that I am confident will be to your expectations.

We apologize if we had failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you again and have another opportunity to serve your better.

Once again, thank you for your continued support.

Benglaore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was one of the worst stays on my abroad trips, while charging around 4000 paisos its reaaly not worth to stay a single day.

Rooms were average and clean but definately not worth the price they charge for.

The service here is so bad that u would like to go down to the reception to get everything.

Avoid this hotel unless u dont have other options!

Room Tip: Try nearby hotels in Makati which are international 5 star chains for little more around 5000 paisos
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rligade
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

"Serviced residence" stands for faulty service at hotel prices. While the apartments themselves are pretty nice and the location is great, this particular location of the Somerset apartments is not the best. The internet access system is difficult to get to work and if you are an Apple user, it might take you a lifetime or two (I never did and while they promised a technician, they never showed up). The staff is particularly unhelpful and the array of offered services varies according to who gets you call (they apparently, had stopped offering some services they had listed without telling anyone). Breakfast is barely edible, they promise "real" orange juice and give you from concentrate, at best. The lobby is sad to say the least and messages and packages do not get through. I have stayed in other Somersets (the one in Seoul is fantastic) but really would not recommend staying here, for that price you can find better in Manila.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank emilianovaldes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

While the hotel is in a great location and the apartment itself is very nice, we had some issues. No hot water in the shower is a big problem. Our safe didn't work, although that was quickly fixed. Our modem didn't work so we were told to access the internet via a neighboring unit. This created spotty coverage, but worse was that we could only access the internet with one device at a time. In 2013, that's unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ericnelsonchgo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Everything about the hotel is great.. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly.. Food is great.. They had good vegetarian options even for breakfast at CAVA.I was always greeted by staff even when I got back at 2 in the night..Staff arranged taxis for me all along on time...

Rooms are clean and airy/spacious..

Hotel is close to the malls as well.. Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business