“Acceptable”

Somerset Olympia Makati
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The swimming pool was horrific and the constant beeping of horns on the main road every day at 5am will wake you up. Room service food was hit and miss but the place was clean & tidy.

I wouldn't touch the 'complimentary' breakfast...

The site itself was half under construction which meant sometimes the lifts were broken.

The wifi was really unstable

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Philip B, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear MissMalone82,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Somerset Olympia Makati and for taking the time to share your invaluable comments.

It is with regret to know how you found our swimming pool, internet and the beeping of horns you heard every morning. The time you stayed with us was during the completion of our refurbishment. In this light, I am pleased to inform you that Somerset Olympia Makati has completed its refurbishment last March 2014 and I am sure you'll find our facilities up to your expectations.

I also noted your comment on our breakfast & room service concessionaire (Old Swiss Inn) pertaining to the quality of food. We would like to assure you that we have taken note of your feedback and we will certainly highlight to our concessionaire for their immediate attention.

MissMalone82, rest assured that your insights prove to be valuable to us as we strive to serve our guests better. We hope to welcome you back soon at Somerset Olympia Makati, giving us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This apartment is located in one if the finest location of Manila. The size of the apartment is good. The service is also equally good. I am impressed by the way the apartments are maintained.

The kitchen is very functional but slightly cramped.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pbarnes83, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear ranjalashwin,

Thank you very much for your compliment. Your heartfelt words will be shared with the team. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices and for your valuable feedback. I hope to welcome you back to Somerset Olympia Makati soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and would be sure to stay here again if I go to Makati. It is a short stroll to the major shopping malls. I had a good room, very clean and very spacious, but was noisy at it looked over Makati Avenue with heaps of traffic most of the night Staff - extremely helpful. Downside is the place for breakfast, not too good

Room Tip: There are 4 towers to this hotel so I am not sure which would be the quiet ones as there is a road a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear houghtonboi,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service standards. Receiving such positive feedback as well as your comment regarding breakfast motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back at Somerset Olympia Makati.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The location is great, but not many people know it, have to tell them it's behind the Pen. We only stayed 1 night. The room is clean. The beds are super comfy. The customer service is excellent. I would stay here again if I ever go Makati.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
pbarnes83, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear zzzSleepyzzz,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and patronage at Somerset Olympia Makati. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and find that our services are to your expectations.

On behalf of all the staff at Somerset Olympia Makati, we are honoured to have you as our resident. Rest assured that we shall continuously exert the best effort in providing you the best service you deserve.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I'm not reviewing the staff because as anyone knows, hotel staff just about anywhere in the PHL is outstanding. My friend checked in and first thing she said was, "It smells like mold". Plus it was disappointing as she was guaranteed a room with 2 beds. This was a bed smaller than a queen with 2 very small beds put together to make one. So she called the main desk and after an hour she was moved to another room. First thing she said, "This too smells like mold". She ended up staying there for 4 nights. Every time I visited her, I too could slightly smell mold. The view out of her window was a wall of the building next door. She had to call down to the lobby cause the toilet would not work properly. One morning a person knocked at the door, she let them in, and they started spraying. She asked what were they doing and they said "spraying for bugs" This should not of been happening while the guest is present. She never asked for this to be done in the first place. As others on here have said, the 'free' internet was horrible. Very weak signal and when you could connect it was basically useless. The only bright side I could see was her free breakfast she received every day which was at the Swiss Inn which was downstairs in the same building. It was a buffet.
She was paying 5,000 pesos a night (discounted from 6,000) and to me this very much overpriced. I know of a hotel which is 1/4 km away that charges 1800 pesos a night and the rooms are night and day compared to this.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andoyb

Dear Andoyb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective. I therefore wish to extend to you my sincere apologies.

I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed the staff concerned in the "spraying of bugs" and will ensure that he/she receives the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of this incident.

With regards to the bed configuration and internet connection, rest assured I have discussed this with my team in order to rectify what is needed to deliver our services to your expectations.

Unfortunately, there is no way of recreating the past or reversing the unpleasant incident you experienced. However, I can assure you that we value your feedback and your feedback has been utilised to improve our service and communication.

Once again, please accept our apologies and do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance to you anytime.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It is the first time I really feel as if I am home. Could not fault a thing. The service was outstanding. The reception and the bell boys could not do enough for you. Even to security jumps to help as soon they see the guest.

Room Tip: I stayed only in one bedroom apartment for over a month and I always enjoyed coming back to the apar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S

Dear Richard S,

We are glad to hear compliments of our staff members at Somerset Olympia Makati. Your kind words will be shared with the Guest Service and Security teams. Receiving such feedback from guests like yourself inspire us to continually improve our service delivery.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you back at Somerset Olympia Makati..

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My wife booked online a 2br (two months ahead) to welcome 2014. We were also here last year to celebrate the New Year.

Stayed at their newly renovated flat in bldg B.

Likes
- we were supposed to party at a nearby hotel, but got comfy and fell as sleep :p
- good view of fireworks at the nearby residential area and CBD (Global City?)
- new appliances; TVs, radio, aircons (now split type), wireless phones
- new furnitures, kitchen equipment and utensils
- foldable baby cot available
- responsive staff service
- no hassle during checkout
- basic gym, cardio and weights

Need improvements
- breakfast at the old Swiss. Served 3 weird meals. I don't know what dish they are. I will be happy just to see crispy bacon and beans
- chaos when requesting for omelet
- during check in, we were initially told that there's no more 2br available. That's after confirmed reservation 1-2 months ago! Reception needed to do some magic
- nothing we can do at their small (~50? sqm) cold pool, but kids will still like it

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear marcgorospe,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Olympia Makati. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your stay experience with us. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

With regards to breakfast, I have highlighted your feedback to our F&B operator and reiterated the need to improve breakfast quality as well as service standards. My team and I will continue to monitor their performance and service delivery.

Regarding the unavailability of 2br upon your arrival, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you encountered. We welcome suggestions such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve. Please be assured that I will coordinate these observations with the respective team members.

Sir, we will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.