“Nice escape from the busy city”

Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 6 May 2014

To start our holiday in the Philippines we stayed at this hotel for one week. It is a very nice escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The location is in the business area of Manila which is also conveniently close to a few big shopping malls and very good restaurants. The rooms are clean and very comfortable beds. The views of the city from the rooftop restaurant and pool are very nice. The breakfast buffet was very good value for money and served a good variety of Filipino and European food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marina d
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Value for money. Not very expensive so I do not really expect much. But they offer enough for guests to be satisfied. Definitely worth coming back for.

Their location is very accessible. Rooms are well kept though bathroom, for me, can be upgraded.

Their staff were very courteous and accomodating. They respond well to our needs and requests. Buffet breakfast was also satisfactory. So, overall, I was happy with my stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karina A
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

We will be sharing your feedback with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for little over 2 weeks. The rooms are clean and well equipped, the breakfast is pretty good, the swimming pool and roof top areas are always kept clean and dinner on the roof is always great. The staff is always attentive and friendly, they all seemed to remember my name and always addressed me by name. The doormen are always available and can help you grab a taxi or point you in the right direction. I think I enjoyed sitting on the front steps and watching people and traffic more than any other thing. The doormen won't allow the solicitors to bother you, however, have a little courtesy and help them in this never ending task by simply waving people off. I booked a tour through the front desk staff and it went off without a hitch. There are plenty of restaurants and stores in the area and a really upscale mall is about a 3 minute walk from the front doors. All and all this hotel fit my needs just fine. I would recommend it and I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer a great view and eliminate a little of the constant street noise. (I miss that n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the great feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comment about our Security in handling vendors, massage therapists and vagrants.

Your valuable comments will also be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a good stay here in city garden hotel. Great service, nice staff and attentive. Accommodation is good. Room- were clean. We had a good sleep. Room service is good also. It's good to stay here , near in shopping malls, fast food, restaurant and easy to get a cab, me and my boyfriend had a good stay in this hotel. We stayed here many times.

Room Tip: Good to stay at the 8th floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is a great alternative if you're looking for an affordable yet clean and secure hotel in Makati. We got a deluxe queen room in the 9th floor facing Makati Avenue.

Good things about this hotel:
1. Location - very accessible via public transport (cabs, jeep), beside a lot of restaurants (lots of dining options)
2. Service - check in and check out were quick, hotel staff were polite
3. Room - generally clean and complete
4. Price - very affordable at P3100++ per night no breakfast

Some negatives things about this hotel:
1. Room location - If your room is fronting Makati Avenue and located in the low zone, you can hear the car honking from the busy street downstairs. This will be a concern for light sleepers.
2. Completeness/cleanliness of toiletries/facilities - no bidet, clean towel but it's color grey already --- hotel should buy new towels instead
3. Shower sliding door - Quite difficult to open/close since it gets misaligned

Overall, I would prefer to stay in this hotel again if the need arises. But if you're looking for a luxurious hotel, opt for a hotel nearer Ayala Avenue/Glorietta/Greenbelt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tin_Manila
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We have noted down your concerns about the towels and sliding shower doors.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you need to be in this area of town than it is worth your while to stay here. Rooms are spacious, breakfast is delicious and the elevator comes on time (did to many complaints about this and waiting 2 minutes was not a problem for me).

Keep in mind that you are close to so called redlight disctrict, but it is still ok to stay here with families as security is good.

The rooftop bar has good food, ok views (you are in a big town)

From reception to staff at breakfast/ rooftop bar and security I can only say that it is more fun in the Philippines and would go back if I have to be in this area.

Have a safe trip and keep smiling

Room Tip: I stayed on floor 15 and slept like a baby
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TitoRon

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at City Garden Hotel Makati for 12 nights on business in February after reading other reviews in TripAdvisor. Also couldn’t see the point of paying the heavily inflated hotel prices for those situated in the Greenbelt area.

Original booking for 8 nights was made online but as my stay in Manila was extended by 4 nights at last minute the friendly girls at reception offered a cheaper spot rate but lower grade room for remainder of my extended stay (my original room was already booked).

I have also been in touch recently with the hotel regarding another visit later this month & they have put together another room package that is much better than what is offered by the online sites. Returning guest discount & upgrade goes a long way – you just need to ask. Thank you Rona & Vanessa for your excellent customer service.

The hotel is situated on Makati Avenue with many restaurants & bars close-by. The shopping & business district (Greenbelt) is certainly a walkable distance and I must say walking is the best way certainly in busy periods. Just be aware though that the long traffic light changes can easily turn a 15 minute walk into a 25 minute stroll. Taxi is also an option but is only a short ride – the staff on the door always assist you with a metered taxi and take note of the taxi number & your room number.

The hotel is situated close to in the colourful Burgos area which is behind the hotel – certainly worth a look & share a laugh with the locals. A short walk up Makati Avenue (turn right when walking out of the hotel) are many restaurants and a night street food market. My two favourite nearby local hangouts were Howzat Sports Bar and H&J Sports Bar which I have reviewed separately.

The hotel has a relaxing roof-top pool & spa with an adjoining restaurant/bar. The gym on the floor below is well equipped. I didn’t try the main restaurant for breakfast as I was usually on my way to work when it opened at 5.30am. With that said the friendly reception staff have promised they will organise a daily breakfast box for my on the upcoming trip. The room service (and pool service) was always quick, tasting & reasonably priced. The City Garden Club Sandwich rated 8.5 out of 10 served with freshly prepared hot chips (extra .5 for the speedy service).

During my last visit I stayed in an Executive Deluxe Room & also a Superior Inner Room. The Executive Deluxe Room was far the best with great views from the large windows facing Greenbelt & an awesome sunset. The inner Superior Room is a good economical option if you don’t plan to spend much time in your hotel room but certainly the Executive Deluxe Room is well worth the extra money.

I'm looking forward to my next stay at City Garden Hotel Makati.

Room Tip: Executive Deluxe Room on a high floor is far the best with great views from the large windows facing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank i2u
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time in giving us an extensive and excellent feedback during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's certainly good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

We are glad to hear that most of our Associates exceeded your expectations.

Your valuable comments will also be shared with the rest of the Team.