“First visit to Manila - OKB”

Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for five nights, arriving late on Friday evening. To my surprise they said ... Sorry, but your room is not ready! What a start ... However, the young trainee check-in guy said. ... Give me 5 minutes and you'll get a room. He kept his promise and even gave me an upgraded room at no extra cost. Location of this hotel is very good, although in late evening it is not recommended to walk alone. Friendly staff - good breakfast and in total fairly good value for money! I would certainly return to the place, as I mentioned in the evaluation questionnaire!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms to the street! The higher up ... the better!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Otto B
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time in giving us feedback about your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on. I'm glad that the Associate who assisted you at checked in saved the day for us.

We will share your comments with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for 25 days for a Christmas Hoilday,This hotel is close to Rockwell Makati and bars in the area.

The rooms were clean and staff were friendly and accomodating..

Breakfast was good..

Not to fancy Hotel but Value for the money

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Eric D
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in May whilst on business in Manila. For the money it is really good value, does all the things you would expect at the bigger 5 star hotels.
Good staff, bedrooms are a good size and the location is good, albeit maybe a bit too much going on for some.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor to lessen noise from street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JWM49

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have given us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on.

Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

- Making a reservation onlines was a breeze. I got the confirmation after less than 10hrs. They were very accomodating and gamely answered my endless inquiries. It really prepared me for the stay.

- Staff was courteous. They were all smiles.. From the guard to the receptionist and even the man who cleans the pool. One wont be apprehensive to ask questions.

- I asked for a room with a view and that's what I got. The cherry on top of my weekend.

- The room's cozy and spacious enough. It has a small couch too. The AC unit works well and it doesnt hum very loud.

- Speaking of noises.. The one downer is that the noise from the hallway can be easily heard from the room and vice versa. We were waiting for the lift and can clearly hear the laughter from the room in front of it.

- Breakfast's served buffet style. Dont get me wrong because I love Pinoy food, but seeing that there were westeners, too, I do hope they'd expand the food choices.

- Pool area? Perfect. We had a blast here.

My partner and I agreed to go back to this hotel again if we ever need a quick getaway from the busy city life. We'd rate this 9.5 out of 10. :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lai G

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the excellent feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on.

Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had a really enjoyable stay at the City Garden Hotel.I felt very welcome throughout my stay.The rooms are large and well-appointed with an excellent bed. There was also a sofa in the room.
The breakfast offering should provide something for every palate.The swimming pool is located adjacent to a bar and restaurant and provides a relaxing spot.
All of Makati is on hand, for those who wish to 'shop 'til they drop' in Glorietta and Greenbelt. The (in)famous P.Burgos Street is pretty much on the doorstep for those wishing to explore the nightlife action, however its proximity to the hotel should not be an obstacle for those guests who prefer a quieter evening!
All in all, certainly one of my pleasing hotel stays while visiting Philippines and I'll be happy to return during future visits to Manila.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Crooked Nose
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the excellent feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my third stay at City Garden Makati and I am never disappointed. It's clean with pleasant & efficient staff, and the rooms are definitely bigger than some of the similarly-priced hotels in the Makati Ave-Kalayaan Ave area which I usually stay in Yr 2012/2013. The Rooftop café is a great place to meet your business guest or just to relax after work. It's a very convenient location with 2 small Malls & lot's of restaurants & pubs - all within walking distance. And taxis are easily available except mornings from 8.30am to 10am. And they served pretty decent breakfast buffet.

The only little setback is the lifts or lack of it and occasionally you will need to wait at least 7-10mins. But overall, it's a very good mid-range hotel despite its age and I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever I have to go Manila.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sing-Msia

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Clean, good standard for the price, decent sized rooms, nice pool and bar area. We left our bags for 8 days as we travelled to Boracay, for no charge which was excellent. New mall 2 minutes across the road with restaurants etc which makes for a handy alternative.

Room Tip: High rooms give good view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bibyf
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.