“Amazing Hotel for business and pleasure”

City Garden Hotel Makati
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Reno, Nevada
“Amazing Hotel for business and pleasure”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

City Garden Hotel Makati is one of the best in the area, offers affordable luxuries in the heart of the city. I came here many times and this is where I always prefer to stay. Breakfast buffet was excellent and room was very clean. Complete with facilities - pool, gym, spa, business center, and excellent restaurants. Staff were friendly and nice. I like Mr. Franco a lot at the front desk. Thank you for making my stay wonderful

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank br0wnW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. This is the best hotel we've stayed in so far in Manila. Breakfast was delicious, rooms are relatively pleasant, location is good, efficient and friendly staff, nice view of the city from the rooftop.

We like this hotel very much and will definitely stay here again in the near future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevinmull
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Overall stay was excellent. These met all my expectations. The staff were fantastic and internet connection was reliable. Front desk staff were all excellent. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Manila,Philippines
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The place is secured and accessible- close to many restaurants and establishments. Room was clean and well furnished. Complimentary breakfast was splendid. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank michelleniebres
Taguig
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Staff were polite and friendly. Food was excellent and an array of recreation too- swimming pool, spa, and gym. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Hayward
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The room has a fake window only dressed with curtains so you won't think that you're just in a box bec. that's what it is. It looks out to nothing, just pitch black. Bed appears clean but does not have a sheet cover, just a comforter so washing the sheeting after each guest leaves is doubful. The room smells, we had to ask housekeeping to spray it twice.Non-smoking hallways smell of cigarette smoke.Guests were able to bring women up in their rooms from the nearby bars so security is nonexistent. Internent had issues. Their reservation office do not know how to answer phones. You'll be transferred multiple times only to end up w/ a fax tone. It's frustrating. Online booking service is horrendous. We booked online and never received a confirmation. We were advised that if no confirmation email has been received then booking was unsuccessful. We searched and searched in both our emails (my husband & I) and found nothing.We then decided to rebook after calling reservations and confirming that neither reservation existed in either our names. When we get to the hotel, they tell us the next day that there was a double booking and charged us for 2 rooms for our first night. Despite the email from their reservation and our explanation that we called before rebooking, they wouldn't reverse the fees. Additionally, if you make a booking online, youre not allowed to amend your reservation to get a better room. Our taxi cab driver overheard us complaining about them and he said that he always hear a lot of people getting in his cab complaining about the hotel, so they have a reputation. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mteorshwr
Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Fot the past 7 years I have stayed at City Garden Makati, the last 2 trip 2008-09 I booked my room months in advance, had confirmation # as well , only to arrive and find that my room is NOT availible. Due to my ariline arrival this happend both times at 11:30 pm after an 18 hour flight !! NOT HAPPY. Off to any hotel from hell I can get in at 1AM. Next day back to City Garden to get room they promised I could have previous night. 2 days later upon check out I PRE booked at hotel counter with recieved confirmation number for 2 nights 3 weeks from that day. Yup....3 weeks later and AGAIN told no room availible.
this time I went ballistic, shouting at clerk and demanded to have a meeting with the hotel manager "RIGHT NOW!!. This caused a quite a stir amonghts the clerks and ...behold...I had my room.....you know how? They gave me some other poor travelers room who was told "Sorry Sir, overbooked" !!! If you elect to book a room from them do this: 1) Get confirmation number AND Clerk & On duty Managers NAME'S..tell them you will hold them accountable with the General Manager if you don't have a room upon arrival. Call 1 week before arrival to verify and get names again !! 2) shop for another Hotel in the same area....

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family