Red Planet Manila Makati
US$134
US$125
US$111
  • Pool
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
US$135
US$120
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$55
Raffles Makati(Makati)
US$246
Raffles.com
  • Pool
All reviewstune hotelbudget hotelteam insiderrooms are smallthe red light districtclean hotelwater pressureair conditioningtaxi drivershort staycable tvhot showernight lifewifi connectionroom ratebars and restaurantscomfy bed
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed for 26 nights here, so I reckon I should write a review. Of course my opinion is coloured by the fact that I found a deal on Expedia for 430php per night including A/C/Towels/Wifi I assume was a one time thing so don't expect to see that price usually. You should know going in the rooms are tiny, but this is not really an issue if you know this. Pros - Location is great, near Century City Mall, A Venue Mall and P Burgos (which can be a pro or a con, depending if you like pros, if you get my drift). Cleanliness - the room was cleaned every day when I needed it, although I did seem to notice the same sheets once like they hadn't changed them. But overall it was great - when I really messed up the room one night, it was nice and clean the next day. Wifi - In my first room on the 10th floor, it was fast. But then due to construction noise I moved to the 7th floor and the wifi stopped working in that area (in two different rooms). As I had 4G on my Smart LTE SIM in my smartphone, I just used that instead, as Tune Hotel doesn't let you download torrents anyway. Noise - They are still finishing a large building on Makati ave so there is some noise from that, I then moved to 718 and actually heard a rooster, which I found hard to believe in Makati, but yes, there is a rooster somewhere nearby in the barangay. Finally room 716 in the corner was nice and quiet, of course no wifi as stated before but fine for me. Finally, on my last night, this HUGE cockroach like something out of a movie crawled from the bathroom at around 1am. Luckily I had the lights on and was awake otherwise I had to imagine where it would have ended up. I got the guy to come and it took a while to find where he went but we got him - I was close to having to move rooms. After 25 night s with barely a mosquito I was very surprised. Overall, everyone is friendly, I got extra pillows for my whole stay for a small charge, and for about 1500 pesos or under it represents one of the best options in Manila. The chicken greek salad full portion at Insiders Sports bar is the shizzle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Zan5hin
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ok, for the price it is good value. Comfortable bed etc. Unfortunately the shower door was missing, so the water did leak out making the bathroom uncomfortable.
One suggestion for Tune is to give better quality towels. Maybe charge more if needed. The towels were really cheap and once used they stay wet for a long time. And in a small room, make things damp.
Overall friendly staff in the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This was my 4th stay at Tune Hotels!.I When staying at Tune Hotels;"I usually stay at the Ermita location. This location is definitely more Tourist friendly,than Malate area.The Makati Tune Hotel,is. central enough to everywhere and Everything in Makati.I will definitely come back here; when looking to stay in a Budget Hotel,in this Area!.All the Hotel employees were Great;the same as all the Tunes I have stayed at!.I always mix up my Holiday Stays;in Manila, with accommodation in Tune Hotels;also 3+4Star Hotels!.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel it's clean and it's not far from the shops and its cheper i bookit from booking 37 $ without the tax but the rooms it's very small I like this hotel but ther is one thing I didn't like it ther is many gays the work in bad things they come from out of the hotel ,the hotel it's not for family

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ratania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A friend of mine in Hong Kong recommended this hotel and I am happy I booked it. Very clean and you can choose to pay for what you need. Very close to P Burgos bars and restaurants which suited me perfectly. And it has a great sports bar with all international sports and very good bar food. Good inexpensive place to place for just a night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo