“BUDGET FRIENDLY STAY”

Red Planet Makati, Manila
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was searching for economic fare that will balance my budget for 10 days stay in Manila. I saw I a lot of ads from the net regarding short stay or transcient. However, what really decided me to stay at Tune Hotel Makati is the budget low cost and yet quality service and facilities that they offered. I checked in for 10 days and was really pleased. Compliments to all staff of Tune Hotel Makati.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liza P

Reviewed 8 August 2014

rooms are big, nice bathroom, great view, if there is a brownout they have backup generator. hats nice there is a sports bar next door, team insider with great food so i dont have to go far. hotel is well taken care of and very well managed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

TUNE Hotel is just a stone throw away from Greenbelt, Glorietta, Landmark and the Makati Business district. The hotel is new, clean with very polite doormen and front desk staffs. I stayed from 29 July to 03 August 2014. My room was well-maintained in my entire stint except that the floor was not regularly swept. They got fast and quiet lift!

I observed that the mostly WOMEN visitors were HOOKERS! That's what i disliked! I wish that the Hotel Management will give attention to the professional hookers doing their business with guests...it's disgusting!

Room Tip: avoid a room near the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Recommended by a friend when hearing that I was to stay in Manila for a night (which turned into two nights). I booked into the Tune Hotel as a walk in and was told that the rate was 2000php (USD45). Having read a few reviews I had expected the rooms to be the size of a matchbox but was pleasantly surprised that they were bigger than imagined in my minds eye. ( I have stayed in rooms in Europe which were so small that you had to squeeze through the door, couldn't stand upright due to low ceiling and the maids made the bed whilst on it as no room between bed and wall to stand!......to me that is the definition of tiny!). Anyway, the rate of 2000 was above the net rate of 1503php. The second days rate was quoted at 1500, giving me an average rate of 1750. The hotel shouted 'clean' upon entering lobby, staff were courteous, informative and efficient, explaining very well why the rate fluctuates (supply and demand). Electronic cards for door keys, large flat screen tv that was correctly tuned, hot water! A well appointed bathroom that was fitted with quality fixtures all in good condition, shampoo that was nice (so often you can get harsh rubbish that splits the hairs!) clean sheets and white towels. Nice polite cleaning staff that were very efficient. Mmmm.......to nit pick and be critical the only faults were the first set of bed sheets were a little old with the odd small stain and the mattress was a little hard for my liking, but keep in mind that I am really being picky here. The restaurant downstairs supplied a choice of either American or Filipino breakfast for 250 php with many choices within the two categories. This was enjoyed in a nice ambient atmosphere of the restaurant. My stay in general here was very pleasant and with being out all day I looked forward to getting back to the room, which is always a good sign that it is a well above standard hotel. I can imagine that a power cut would cause issues but hey, it didn't, so that's that . I would definitely stay there again. There are many facilities like restaurants, bank and services all within a block. The tourism surrounding appears to be predominately Korean. I felt safe (which is important) whilst wandering around up to 10pm. Upon leaving in the early hours for the airport a taxi was supplied with no argument about the meter which was operated without request, cost to T3 was 140php, I gave the driver 200php at 0415hrs. If this hotel under normal operating conditions does not please you, you may be guilty of either living in a dreamworlds or nothing in life can make you happy. Well done Tune and Thankyou . I found the wifi to be strong and consistent .

Room Tip: I stayed on the south side, view was Manila City local, I was on the 6th floor. The complex I think...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Grant T
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Tune hotel is not in a great location although Makati seems to be growing out toward it. The staff are great, it has a Sports Bar on the ground floor that also do meals, the rooms are clean and they have a great airport service. Tune hotels are budget and no frills with small rooms as standard, so you get what you expect. Make sure if you stay here you arrange transfers with them to and from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose this place because of its competitive rates and close proximity to our business venue in Dela Costa street. The front desk staff were competent and friendly and meals could be taken at the lively sports bar next door with English style meals predominating. The rooms were tiny but clean, with no room for a full size travel case but a large flatscreen tv on the wall. On the second morning Manila was hit by a strong typhoon. There was a brownout at the hotel and the back up generator failed too together with the water system. The aircon was not operating and the toilets wouldn't flush. Because the hotel used electronic cards instead of conventional keys we had to get staff to accompany us to our rooms. This went on for several hours whilst the storm raged outside. Eventually we decided to leave and struggled down from the 10th floor with our bags as the lifts were obviously u/s. Scores of guests were bailing out at reception but by the time our request was dealt with there were no vacancies at nearby hotels as locals had abandoned their houses to seek safety in the hotels!! The unscrupulous taxi drivers were exploiting the situation and treating all journeys as 'specials" instead of using the meter. Eventually as it was beginning to get dark power was restored to the accompaniment of ironic cheers from those guests still stranded in the lobby area. Truly a grim experience that one might expect in a third world country not in the financial district of a capital city.

Room Tip: avoid the typhoon season
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nevroyan2004
frederick s, Manager at Red Planet Makati, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Nevroyan2004,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is indeed pleasing that you found our facilities adequate, the bed comfortable and the staff welcoming. All good positive points for us thanks.

Unfortunately a severe typhoon did hit Manila while you were here and indeed most of Makati and part of greater Manila were without power for close to 48 hours. We did our best to help and assist everyone to the best of our ability during what was a very difficult situation and a sometimes frightening situation for many people involved.

Our generator did stop a number of times during this period due to the level of usage and now things are back to normal, we have conducted a full overhaul of the equipment.

It was a difficult time for all of us and many people in Makati and greater Manila so I do hope you can forgive us for not being up to our usual standards during this stressful time and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,

Frederick Santos
Hotel Manager
Tune Hotel Makati,Manila

Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you're going to stay for a few nights and spending lots of your time outdoors during the day, this'll work especially for the budget conscious. Check-in was swift. I was a little worried they might ask me for a printer copy of my reservation (which some hotels still do in this great age of technology) but all they ask if the confirmation number/email which I have on my phone. The room is small and I wouldn't suggest it for claustrophobic folks out there but it was clean. If you have big luggage, it could get crowded. They do offer luggage storage for a fee.. Also, when I booked my room online, I had to choose a package - which includes towels and toiletries - yep, they're not included in your room package and comes with a fee. If you request for cable tv, it comes with additional charge as well.. weird and irritating but at least the air condition works just fine. Don't get taxi from the hotel. I find it expensive, you can get a metered taxi easily a few blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo