“A must visit”

Ranked #45 of 1,445 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rockwell's premiere fine dining establishment, Chef Jessie at Rockwell Club never fails to deliver international cuisines at its finest. Dining at Chef Jessie at Rockwell Club provides you with an unforgettable sensory experience that starts the minute you enter the elegantly decorated restaurant and ends long after you take your last bite of dessert. Chef Jessie at Rockwell Club's Main Dining Area is a 228.4 square meter space that is large enough to accommodate 150 pax at a sit-down event, and 200 pax for cocktails. Its mezzanine level is perfect for more intimate affairs—the 43.28 square meter space allows for 30 pax for a sit-down event, and 70 pax for cocktails. For more private functions, the venue also has a Private Dining Room. The 67.4 square meter area is large enough to accommodate 50 pax for sit-down events, and 40 pax for cocktails.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A must visit restaurant for any visitor to the Philippines. Quality of food without question; not to mention flavorful. Their soufflé selection is unbelievable.

1  Thank James B

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went here for a date since we haven't dined out anywhere fancy for months being busy with other things. I called for a reservation 1.5 weeks ahead, asked for a nice table - they confirmed the reservation 2 days before.

Went for the set menu for the day which was salad, then soup, then sorbet, the main course before dessert. This was about USD25, but for the quality of the food - it could have been priced so much more. The seabass with the salpicao was great!

When you dine in a Chef Jessie Restaurant, you have to order the souffle! We ordered the regular souffle and the dessert souffle and both were amazingly moist, tasteful and smooth.

The surprise came when we were about to leave, they gave us a chocolate mousse cake slice with lighted candles saying "happy anniversary!" - it wasn't our anniversary but we guess that the waiter/s overheard us talking about our soon to be anniversary!

Certainly made our visit very memorable, will definitely be back!

Side note, since it was a Saturday dinner - I expected the crowd to be more of couples but instead it was full of families. I guess this is expected being in the lobby of one of the Rockwell Towers, but this kind of made the ambiance less romantic because of the kids running around.

1  Thank Kwokie
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've been to Manila 4 times and I've made it a point to stop by and dine at Chef Jessie. I ordered the rack of lamb and the tiger prawns and I must say that there is no place I have tried that can compare to the way this place prepares it. Ordering dessert here is always challenging. You will be amazed at their souffle selection; there are tons of options to choose from. They are all delicious!!!! This place has the BEST souffle ever! Even the ones I've tried in France cannot compare!

1  Thank jpablo12
Reviewed 26 June 2013

To be fair, I arrived laste-ish in the evening and after a large function. However, having been left sitting alone and at a not-very-nice-table near the door, Mole took things into his own hands and, grudgingly, things began to happen. And, to be particularly fair, Chef Jessie herself came out of the kitchen (very quiet by this time, introduced herself, chatted, berated (nicely) her staff and produced an excellent steak tartare. As we have said before, it's all in the 'save' and I will be going back regularly because it is very clear that this charming lady REALLY CAN COOK and I am sure the service was just a bad hair night.

2  Thank PhileasMole
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I tried to eat this mix vegetable , ew it was over cooked and very salty it is like the chef was drunk before he cook....but the other food called grilled chicken was nice so maybe they just have a bad day , i mean the chef it cost Php350 next time i will refund my money.

1  Thank cebugadie