“Excellent Hotel for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Santa Clarita, California
“Excellent Hotel for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Book early and get good prices. If you are a AAA member, use AA for good discounts.

Rooms - Large and very clean. Maintenance people were on top of any complaints you had. Housekeeping was excellent. I told them to clean my room at 7:30 at the lobby reception, went and got my coffee next door at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, and by the time I got to my room, about 30 minutes later, the room was all done.

Bed - Typical high end Holiday Inn bed. Very nice and comfortable. Sheets were fresh and clean. Pillows top of the line with hard and soft pillows. I had a king size bed, which was firm and comfortable.

Bathroom - Bright, convenient and very clean. Nice towels and enough of them. There are bathrobes, sleepers and everything else you need. Good soap and shampoo.

Location - Almost right in the center of the busiest area of Makati. It is at the Glorietta mall building. There is a connecting doors to Glorietta mall, which has shopping, movie theaters, restaurants and more. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is right next door. I skipped breakfast at the hotel and went for the CBTF for my breakfast and coffee. There is also a very nice Hainanese Chicken restaurant next door. If you are familiar with Makati, this hotel is right in between Greenbelt 3 and Dusit Thani Hotel on Palm Drive. Glorietta Mall has just about anything and everything you need. Banks, drug stores, etc.

Work Amenities - The room has universal electrical outlet with a USB power connector. Had just about everything you need to work in the room. Internet available for free, but was slow. Worked for me to book tickets, rooms and emails. They had paid internet connection, but never tried it.

Service - On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being good. I'd give this hotel a 10. Excellent service. I called down for more water, and got 4 bottle of water delivered to my room almost instantly.

Transportation - It takes about 25 minutes middle of the night, with no traffic from airport to hotel on a taxi. It takes about 45 minutes during bumper to bumper traffic from hotel to airport. Always require the taxi driver to use the skyway. This will be an additional 20 pesos. Taxi fare is about 185 pesos metered from hotel to Terminal 1 (International). Airport taxi from airport to hotel is about 250 pesos. Through Glorietta Mall, you have access to the Manila light rail (Note, I have tried the Metro in Manila)

Pool and Deck Bar - This is at the top floor (19th), and has a good view of the city. The pools is small, but nice and clean. Has a decent deck bar at the top floor where I had couple of beers.

Having visited Makati many times over the past 10 years, this is a welcome accommodation to the area. Very clean, great service, great location. Comparable to any 5 star hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Any room is good, as the rooms begin from the 5th floor onwards.
2 Thank MalaysianAmerican
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear MalaysianAmerican,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a very delightful feedback. We are more than happy to know that you had a wonderful experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. Your review about our hotel makes us feel rewarded and it inspires us to work even harder in making every guest feel welcomed and comforted during their stay.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of guests and we hope that we will see you again soon!

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pasay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I got a room to celebrate my daughter's birthday with her friends. The room was quite spacious. Even if it had two queen beds, we had ample pace to move around (wife and three kids). The wide screen TV was also a plus for the kids. Bed was very comfortable and they had two types of pillows in the bed (soft and hard, i think). The swimming pool at the roofdeck was superb. I also tried the gym and sauna which made the stay more relaxing. They allow food to be brought in (I was not questioned) so we were not forced to do room service. A direct access to the adjacet mall was also convenient. Luggage service and valet parking was smooth. Only negative thing I can think of was when we checked-in, even if we were in line, the receptionist left without telling us why. We waited for around 5 minutes for her to get back and she did not, so we transferred to another counter. Also, food was quite expensive when I browsed over the room service menu, although they have promos at the bar during pay day which I would definitely try when I go back.

Dear KingSevens,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel.

We are glad that you and your family enjoyed staying in one of our rooms and that you were able to try the facilities in our roof deck. Moreover, I hope that you will be able to take advantage of the Party on a Payday promotion that we have at the OZ Bar. I have discussed your comment about your experience at the front desk to the rest of the Management and rest assured that this is not the level of service that we provide our guests. Our Front Office Manager discussed the matter to the rest of her Team to avoid similar dissatisfaction in the future.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Booked last minute and was a bit sceptic as I am usually not a fan of the Holiday Inn brand. But this Holiday Inn & Suites did not disappoint me in any way - everything is brand new and of high standard, very comparable to Crowne Plaza 4 Star levels. My Platinum membership with the brand's Priority Club was nicely recognized, room and gym facilities were spotless and comfortable. The location on one end of the Glorietta shopping mall complex makes it a convenient location in Makati. The internet policy is a bit odd - slowed-down basic services for free and everything else for a fee. Never mind, the in-room plugs and work areas are very suitable for business travelers. Would stay there again without hesitation!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear HBDutytravel,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Makati and for providing us a review on TripAdvisor. We are more than happy to learn that our hotel was able to provide you with a satisfying lodging experience and that we were able to meet your business travel needs. We are thankful for your appreciation towards our hotel's facilities, room amenities and location. Our complimentary Internet access is for basic web browsing but we also have premium Internet available for a minimum fee.

Thank you once again for your loyalty to the InterContinental Hotels Group. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I arrived at the hotel by a pickup service which verbally told me that the pick up was free. Upon check out, I was charged 1500 pesos for that service. I obviously demanded that I should not pay for it but they came out with a paper which I had signed after the taxi ride saying I accept those charges.

I explicitly told the driver I didn't want to sign it but he told me it was for my luggage, so assumed it was.

The paper was folded and driver had bent the paper so I wouldn't be able to see the invoice on the top. Obviously after my journey all I wanted to do was check in to my room and if I was told my holiday inn staff at the airport it was free, I assumed it and thought I was just signing a release form for my luggage.

My expectation from a Holiday Inn is that I wouldn't be scammed and I could count on the words of the staff. Clearly not.

After I told Melvin/Alvin at front desk that I would refuse to pay for 1500 pesos for the service (after already paying over 30,000 pesos on rooms) he threatened to call the police. I was more than polite in telling him that I would not pay for it. I was surprised that he would threaten (and call police thereafter) to put a paying customer in jail over a 1500 peso dispute.

This member of staff lacked any sort of sympathy to my situation and was willing to threaten customers so quickly over 1500 pesos (and where I was clearly scammed) after I had paid so much.

What annoyed me more was that scam took place again after I had left where there concierge driver service shoved a half bent paper in front of a Holiday Inn Customer, insisting on her to sign it. I quickly stepped in to warn her - she refused to sign it and told the driver you had told me this was free!!!!

Such a shame, the hotel is well placed and has a lot of things going for it.

However after this scam, I would never stay here again and would warn ppl of Melvin (at Front Desk) after he had tried to throw me in jail over such a measly claim and after I had paid so much. Literally, no Holiday Inn in the world would ever try to get one of there guests arrested.

I have never written a tripadvisor review but the service was so poor and Melvin's threats to a paying customer (for 4 nights) made me personally come here and write about him.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank trpadzr
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear trpadzr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

Please allow me to personally apologize for the way the situation was handled by our hotel associates. The Hotel Management has taken serious note of your comment and is processing an in-depth investigation as of writing. Rest assured that we are always committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of services and we deeply regret that we have not met your expectations at this instance. We are likewise probing further into the issue by tapping on the attention of the car rental company who informed you that airport pick-up is a free service.

Your comments are very important to us and we would like to seek your permission to contact you directly. I have sent you a private message to obtain your contact details, or you may send us an email through hisuites.makati@ihg.com.

It is with regret to learn that your otherwise kind appreciation of the hotel has lead to an unpleasant experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you for your future travel needs.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Was really impressed with my stay here and will definitely book again in the future. Was here mid April just a few weeks after its opening so everything was on point. This was the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in and the service was excellent. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and made use of all amenities offered by hotel. Well deserving of my "excellent" rating.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Bacolod, Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel is located right in the middle of makati shopping district...it is very conveniently located as you wont need to cross any street to go shopping...the deluxe room is big enough for three people...even with extra bed, you have room to move....service is efficient and employees are so helpful.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I am so glad to see a shiny new IHG property in Makati. I Have stayed in the Intercontinental in Makati for many years. As a Platinum member of IHG, I was interested in checking out the new digs. As usual, the Filipino Mubahay is fantastic! Customer service from Shari and her fellow staff members was outstanding. I upgrade to the level had the choice of the buffet breakfast or the lounge breakfast (take the buffet downstairs) The rates were about 1000 php less than the Intercon, enough for me to consider the change. However an upgrade to club level can run over 1000 php.
Gym and pool are on the roof. Pool and gym small but still quite nice

It is good to have a choice in Makati! One small warning, there is a lot of construction in the area, ask to be put as far away as possible

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the construction facing Palm Drive