“Excellent”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights, fantastic hotel cannot be faulted in any way. It's located close to the shopping malls ( Greenbelt) is a must see.
The makati area is totally different from the rest of Manila, high rise, smart office blocks and hotels galore.
This hotel stands out from the rest because of the friendliest staff on the earth !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ianlowe1970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked hotel through Agoda, it clearly says my preference is a Non-Smoking room. I arrive at hotel around 12 midnight and the front desk tells me that I never gave preference and they are giving me a smoking room, she argued and was trying to convince me that here is no room and you have to take it. I took out the confirmation from Agoda and showed the same. All of a sudden a new non-smoking room comes up and they ask me to wait for 45 min to clean it. I waited. The point it, I am not the first customer booking through Agoda and they should have that info. In the middle of night, who will check out and how will I get a room. I feel that they were trying to convince to stay in a smoking room, after I showed the paper, she was speechless. I get no welcome drink and I had to ask for it again to get it, imagine this is at 12 in the night after a day of long flight. Today, when I check out, the guest experience manager tells me that I have to pay for the taxi I booked to come to Hotel. I was like WHAT ? I never booked any. She said it will take time and I have to sign something. I said I will wait, I am not signing anything. Finally after talking to others confirmed that it was a mistake and the hotel taxi was booked at 4 PM, so it was their fault. I always stayed at Dusit Thani, but wanted to see the new Holiday Inn. The hotel is great, amazing facility and I have a very high regard for Holiday Inn, unfortunately, the service, especially from the front desk people and logistics of tracking taxis booked, etc are completely bad. Unless, you fix them, it will be hard to keep up with the quality of Holiday Inn. I love your brand and hope you fix the issues to have a great experience for guests like me !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CrazyKumar
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear CrazyKumar,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay in our hotel. I am sorry to learn that the check in and check out process that you encountered were not handled the way that the Holiday Inn brand promised. Rest assured that the issues that you have raised in your review were brought to the attention of our Front Office Manager and are set for corresponding action.

We truly appreciate your comments as these guide us towards the overall improvement of our hotel.

Again, I apologize for our lapse in service in this occasion. We hope that you will grant us another opportunity in the future in order for us to prove our high standard of service to you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Holiday inn makati is an excellent hotel. If you can spare the cash pay a bit extra for the executive lounge. An oasis in busy makati. Only thing that irritated me were the slow elevators. There are only 3 elevators that service 20 floors.

• Stayed: December 2013
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Francis T,

Thank you for sharing your lodging experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati on TripAdvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience that you may have experienced due to the elevator system. Rest assured that all guest comments pertaining to the lifts have been seriously noted by the Management and we are currently working towards the improvement of our hotel's facilities.

We are all grateful for your appreciation towards our hotel, most especially to the Executive Lounge. It is delightful to learn that we were able to provide you with an oasis in the midst of the busy city.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

A pleasant day to all trip advisor readers... just to extend my short message to the management of the lobby, where we had our breakfast... when i saw that the food they served are pork, i called up the attention of the chef (i think he's name is freddie, if i'm not mistaken), i told him Sir, hope you will also consider guest who are not eating pork,, he just smiled and ask if what food we want, i told him, anything will do as long as there's no pork on it.. he replied and asked if it is ok for us to wait for a couple of minutes,, i said it's alright... as we waited, while drinking a cup of coffee, the chef came and served us with grilled chicken and beef steak... i was really touched by the gesture of the chef that he even asked again if we want more and what we need.. told him, this is enough for me and my wife... i just want to say thank you chef freddie... by the way, we stayed 2 nights in Holiday Inn, Makati.. service is ok, and location is perfect for shopping, coz it's beside the mall(Glorietta)...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AmirTawiTawi,

Warmest greetings from Holiday Inn & Suites Makati!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your acknowledgement of Chef Freddie Balmores' effort to serve your requested dish. We are more than delighted that through our associate's delivery of service, we were able to provide you and your wife a memorable experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. I have shared your review to Chef Freddie and to the rest of the Team as well. Your kind comments are indeed rewarding and we are also very grateful of your appreciation towards the other aspects of our hotel.

It was our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you are looking for a more reasonable option than The InterContinental or the Shangri-La but still want to be in the thick of the shopping and dining area of Makati then this is a definite option. It actually has an adjoining door to Glorietta Mall so you don't even need to step into the oppressive heat if you don't want to!

The hotel has virtually everything you need albeit a little bit in miniature which reflects the price. There is a rooftop pool a spa and a gym which . . . . . . .yes . . . . . . . . . .are all a little on the small side but perfectly adequate. It also has a small business lounge which did just fine for doing some printing that was required. It had a restaurant that we never used though we got a meal in our room one night and it was really good.

One mistake I made, which says more about me than the hotel was to take an upgraded package which included breakfast and club lounge access. We stayed 5 nights and only went for breakfast once. The Club Lounge was nothing to write home about either so this was a little wasted money.

Highlight of the stay was the attention by the staff and two in particular stood out - both in bars which may say where we spent our time. Hope in the Lobby bar is just a delight - very pleasant and attentive and we enjoyed joking with her. I stay in hotels almost every week and I wish there were more like her - can anyone effectively clone staff yet??? In the Oz Bar on the roof Crissy was a stand-out. mad us laugh, and talked me into buying vodka by the bottle................ I am sure there is some left there but it got a little hazy towards the end - if so share it among you guys!

So - the trip moves on to Bacolod but we will be back in Manila soon and if I am paying the bills myself then more than anything because of the staff and the two above in particular then I will almost certainly be back here.

Thanks

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Arthur G,

We appreciate you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor.

It is very rewarding for the whole Team to learn that we achieved our goal of providing our guests with the highest level of service that they truly deserve. We are more than delighted that our associates Crissy and Hope were able to make your lodging experience even more memorable and enjoyable. I have personally shared your review to them and to the rest of the Holiday Inn & Suites Makati Team as well.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Nice and very good location, room is clean and staff are nicel, next to glorietta shopping mall
Which got a lot shops and restaurants, so chose to booked rooms only and value for money. It's located in the heart of makati.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This hotel is still very new, has a nice design and modern interior. Overall I enjoyed my stay there, but encountered a few hiccups with the services & rooms:
There are around 10 hotel people in front of the entrance taking care that nobody smuggles-in any weapons, but none of them ever dared to open the door for me. The elevator is a bit of a pain... by average you got to wait for 5 minutes whenever taking it. At the check-in there was only one receptionist who was busy with another guest. After several minutes waiting time a second one showed up and did my check-in. She was friendly & professional but did heavy upselling. First I got asked whether I want to include the breakfast package. When I refused she tried to sell me a room in the executive floor. This was a bit too much for my taste. Is this a business hotel, or a turkish bazar?!
The room was modern & clean. I was a bit irritated by the clothes line in the shower. Many cheap hotels used to have that... 20 years ago. Also this shower map doesn't belong into a fancy business hotel.
A positive surprise was the iPhone docking-station. Unfortunately with the old plug of the iPhone 4. Just in case you guys haven't realised: Apple launched new iPhones + iPads more than a year ago!
After all, these are only minor things from my perspective. If the hotels manages to fix them, there's great potential to get a 5-star review in future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Danieltravelus

Dear Danieltravelus,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your feedback following your stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for our lapses in service. We have reviewed your comments and the departments involved are taking specific actions that will correct these as this is not the level of service that the Holiday Inn brand promise.

It is also with regret to learn that some of the hotel's features did not meet your expectations and needs. We have also taken note of these important comments for the improvement of the hotel and the convenience of all our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to provide you with a better lodging experience in the near future.