“Great stay, same as with Raffles Makati”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed after the New Year in Fairmont Makati Gold, as we decided to try both Raffles Makati and Fairmont in between Micronesia trip. As our Raffles Makati review – both hotels share same building as Fairmont, and they share the same Spa, restaurants, coffee shops, bars - just Raffles have separate lobby and also additional pool on the 9th floor, reserved for Raffles guests only.

We booked a Fairmont gold on the 7th floor and we enjoyed also The Fairmont Gold lounge which is very nice and private and you can have also a lot of free snacks, drinks and etc. You can also order to eat in the lounge from the in-room dining (I have to say that the Crab cakes there are probably one of the best we ever had in our entire life). Before our meeting I had a word with the manager of the Gold lounge and the nice lady have arranged nice fruits plate and snacks for our late night arrival. Perfect.

However my wife preferred to have breakfast in Spectrum, which we liked so much from our previous visit at Raffles

We loved Fairmont/Raffles perfect location in Makati, next door to the Greenbelt shopping mall, very convenient for dining and shopping

The lobby of Fairmont is bigger, it is nice, however we liked better the Raffles smaller and more private lobby.

The service in Fairmont is the same is in Raffles, just as BRILLIANT.

The room was great, however we liked more the Raffles bed (Raffles bed is real king size, and the Fairmont bed is more like Queen Bed. Anyway the quality of sleep is top as well, the room is very comfortable, the bathroom is made by the same quality materials as Raffles. All in all we felt “back to luxury after” Micronesia.

Both hotels boost great FREE and VERY FAST INTERNET. The room was equipped with coffee machine (similar to Nespresso system with different coffee pods) but we could get a nice coffee in a Gold lounge anytime as well

On our previous trip we had some excellent Spa procedures so for sure we got again massages and body scrubs.

To summarize: this is fantastic hotel, very highly recommended. I hardly see any faults

To be perfectly honest we like better Raffles over Fairmont and on our next stay in Manila there will be no doubt where we are going to stay (Raffles). The bigger bed, bigger bathroom with widows and the more private feeling made us rate Raffles Makati a bit higher. It is probably normal and that probably is also what the management see as Raffles is a bit higher end.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ivo_k
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear ivo_k,

I'm glad you had the chance to stay in both Fairmont Makati and Raffles Makati. I wish to thank you for giving both hotels a wonderful feedback, your patronage is sincerely appreciated.

I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience at the Fairmont Gold Lounge and that your needs were well looked after. Please extend our thanks to your wife for patronizing Spectrum, I'm glad she enjoyed our breakfast spread.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback. I'm delighted that we were able to provide you and your wife a comfortable stay experience in both hotels.

On your next visit to Manila, I invite you to experience both Fairmont Makati and Raffles Makati once again.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Makati

Reviewed 18 January 2014

It's hard to fault this hotel on many levels. Location was the primary reason for selecting this hotel. It is situated in front of the Landmark department store, with two major malls on either side of it, so credit cards beware in case you have shopping issues. The hotel is new, and the scent of a newly constructed building can be smelt when you walk down the corridors. It isn't a large hotel, which is great, as the lobby never seems overcrowded and busy. The hotel definitely feels modern and clean.

The rooms are a good size, what you would expect from a five star hotel. All plugs are international plugs, so no adapters requied. Fruit on arrival and complimentary water bottles replenished daily. The beds are excellent and make for a good night sleep. Turn down service is also available early evenings and a nice welcome when returning in the evening. The bathroom is larger than what is usually found in most hotels. Find a separate bathtub and shower. The toilet is located in a separate room. Luxurious amenities are also provided with everything you would need. Plenty of space in the wardrobes for storing your shopping.

I did enjoy the gym and pool area. The pool is a bit small, but it does have a swimlane for lap swimming. There is also a wading pool for toddlers. The gym is spacious and had brand new equipment. It's never busy. They also provide fruit, water bottles and flavoured fruit water which changes its flavours daily.

Every staff member we encountered was uber friendly, efficient and professional. This is especially true of the reception staff and porters.

There is a bakery/cafe and lounge bar in the lobby. The cafe was pretty expensive though, even more than what I pay in Sydney. It was good, but not sure the price justified it.

Overall, the property is an excellent option in Makati. Every detail in the room is perfect, the common areas are in excellent condition, everything you would have for a comfortable stay is there and it's full of great staff to assist you. This is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Coffees in the cafe are quite expensive, so consider cafes in Glorietta across the road for much muc...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravellingCarlito
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear TravellingCarlito,

Thank you very much for describing your recent stay experience with us as perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed every moment.

I'm happy to learn that our guest room and its amenities were able to provide you a comfortable stay. I'm also delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at the swimming pool and Fitness Center.

I wish to thank you as well for acknowledging the efficiency and friendliness of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad they were able to take care of you throughout your stay with us.

I have taken note of your comment on the coffee pricing at Cafe Macaron. Thank you for your input, I will share it with the Food and Beverage team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I travel to Manila twice a year but used to always stay in Shangri la Makati which till recently was the best Hotel in Makati. However things do change and nothing remains as is.
Here comes this fantastic, very young and attractive hotel with its approach, wonderful staff and unique touch to take over and become the best "at least from my point of view and from what I have seen"
I was received at the airport by a 7 series BMW and was escorted to my club room at the seventh floor where the checkin took place..
At the Gold floor you will be pampered by a very kind crew and will enjoy the delicious beverages during the evening hours. From your room you will be able to enjoy the Royalty service by simply dialing "0" and get all the answers to your questions instantly and politely . It is a very safe place to be in with a wonderful location few meters away from the green belt . I do strongly recommend this Hotel and also would like to thank Ms Love Olivi and Ms Sabrina Jean Salas at the Fairmont Gold who were very attentive and kind.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Aymek
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Aymek,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont Makati this time around. I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay experience with us. I'm even more delighted to learn that we were able to surpass your expectations.

I wish to thank you as well for your high regard of our hotel. Earning your recommendation is an honor that is much appreciated.

I'm happy to know that you enjoyed the amenities and services offered at the Fairmont Gold Lounge. I'll make sure Love and Sabrina receive your generous commendation and that they be recognized for their dedication.

I look forward to your next trip to Manila. Hopefully, you'll give us the pleasure of serving you once again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I will start with the positives. Nice room, chocolates in your room upon arrival. Amenities are nice. Gym open for 24 hour for hotel guests. The pool is nice as well. And then it went downhill from there. I stayed for a little more than 7 nights with other colleagues there because I recommended this hotel. The breakfast spread has a lot of varieties but it never changed for seven days. Compared to other five star hotels, you will not find the value of paying at least Php1500 for breakfast. The second disappointment was their handling of left belongings. My colleague left 2 mobile phones in the room. Upon arriving in back in Ireland, we realised that we definitely left this behind. However, the hotel did not bother to inform us about this and instead waited for us to email and ask them. As we were very busy, we only emailed them several weeks after. Only then did they say that they have the items. What happened to five star concierge service? I can't help to also question the honesty of the staff. I then requested that this be sent to us via DHL but they were adamant that they need to present the receipt. Because we have the receipt back in Ireland now, I just asked my friend to collect this on my behalf as a favor. I emailed rooms reservations and then lo and behold, they did not release the phones because they need a letter of authorization. They were informed in advance and no response from anyone about the need for the LOA. So I end up apologizing to my friend for the inconvenience! Poor service? YES!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank collections
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Collections,

I am saddened to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your experience and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We value your business and would like to address your concerns immediately.

I wish to share that items left behind by our guests are logged and stored in our lost and found section. As part of our privacy and safekeeping procedure, we remain discreet about any items found until the guest directly contacts us and provides proper identification of the lost belonging. We are currently searching for other courier services that necessitate a limited amount of documentation as most require verification and authorization papers from the owner for items that have batteries.

I would be happy to give you further updates on our efforts to return your belongings. Please feel free to contact me via email at james.bevans@fairmont.com.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in Fairmont Makati by addressing this incident and preventing it from happening again. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

After spending a couple of weeks in Palawan in an over-water cottage we wanted to prolong the experience with quality accommodations in Manila before we headed home. The Fairmont Makati was the perfect choice for us. The lobby is beautiful and expansive, the staff are professional, knowledgeable and courteous (and those uniforms are gorgeous!) Our room was a good size and very comfortable-soaker tub, separate shower etc. and decorated in soothing tones. The rooftop pool had a nice lounge area for those not swimming in addition to chaises and great service for those taking a dip. The facilities in the womens spa area were nice-a fantastic steam room and jetted whirlpool felt great after shopping in Makati. We went to dinner in the Long Bar (we'd been to the one in Singapore and had to try this one). This one was smaller in scale and food, drinks and atmosphere were good. The night we were there a band was playing music through the decades (Toto anyone?) and we loved it. Note: as I'm a female traveller I often report on how I would feel if travelling to this hotel or dining in this restaurant on my own. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Also the surrounding area is an easy and safe walk to all shopping and dining.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShinyRedSuitcase
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear ShinyRedSuitcase,

I hope you had fun at Palawan. I wish to thank you for choosing Fairmont Makati as your accommodation in the city. I'm glad we didn't disappoint and that we were able to prolong your wonderful experience in the Philippines.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm happy to learn that you find our hotel beautiful and find the service of our hotel colleagues professional and courteous.

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed our swimming pool and spa too.

Also, thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Long Bar. I'm glad you felt safe and had a fantastic time. I'm delighted that you would consider staying with us once again in a heartbeat -- we're very honored!

I look forward to your next stay with us. Hopefully, in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed for eight days during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year and I had a superb, memorable time at the Fairmont Makati. The property is just stunning with well-curated interior design in the public spaces and new contemporary furnishings in the rooms. I loved the cathedral ceilings and floor-length windows! Service was spectacular with every little detail well-attended to, from check-in to housekeeping to the Concierge desk to the Spectrum, Lobby Lounge, and Long Bar outlets. Maybe because I had a longer-stay duration, but I loved the fact that starting on my second day it felt like the staff knew me, greeting me by name whenever possible. No areas for improvement to speak of (maybe the pool can be a little deeper and more conducive to lap swimming, but that's a nitpick) and I will definitely stay at the Fairmont again the next time I am in Manila! As a Filipino now based in the US, I am so proud that Manila has a property that are on par, and even exceeds, other hotel properties in the world.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank FrancSad

Dear FrancSad,

Thank you for choosing to spend the holidays with us.

I'm glad our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel right at home and that you find their service spectacular.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our interiors, accommodations and dining outlets. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy all our facilities during your stay with us.

I'm delighted that our team makes you feel proud to be Filipino. I must say, Filipino hospitality is commended and highly regarded worldwide which is why there's no question why the Fairmont brand decided to open a property in Manila.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday visit!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently stayed in the Fairmount Makati for 3 weeks on business. This hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The food, service and accommodation was in my opinion 7 star. Everywhere restaurant, bar or area of the hotel we went the staff always remembered our names, orders etc . The choice of food and drink is a must to experience which so much choice. The area around the hotel is a shoppers delight, with a mixture of high end shops and high street stores, restaurants etc and is very safe. We spent a lot of time at the pool, where the service and food was impeccable, the staff Kris and Chiz made us feel at home and were friendly, attentive and engaging taking time from their busy routine to talk to us and advise us of the many beautiful and fascinating places we could visit, culture etc. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would definitely want to visit again for a holiday with my family

Room Tip: everyroom is beautiful but try to get a room with a view of the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tcadwell

Dea tcadwell,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experience.

I'm delighted to learn that you had a wonderful three-week stay with us. Thank you for considering your experience with us as one of the best -- we're very honored.

I wish to thank you for recognizing the kind of service our hotel colleagues provided you during your stay. I'm glad that they made you feel comfortable and right at home. I'm also happy to know that you enjoyed your time at our pool and made friends with Kris and Chiz.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Hopefully on your return, it will be for vacation with your family.