“5 Star Heavan”

Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Dublin, Ireland
“5 Star Heavan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is fantastic, I could only stayed here for one night as we were travelling else where but I could of gladly stayed here for longer. The hotel, pool and pool bar, room including the fab bathroom, breakfast room service were all fab. The whole place had a lovely calm and chilled feeling to it. All staff were friendly, helpful and very professional at all times. I really could not fault this Hotel in any way shape or form and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Manilla.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank sbeller55
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sbeller55,

I'm glad that you had wonderful stay with us even if it was just for one night. I'm happy to learn that we were able to provide you a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and that our hotel colleagues were able to provide friendly and professional service.

I wish to thank you for including Fairmont Makati in your list of recommended hotels in Manila. On your next trip to the Philippines, I hope you will stay with us once again - hopefully for more than one night.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Fairmont three times in not even à year and cannot think of choosing an other hotel anymore going to Manila. Having breakfast in Spectrum is a good start of the day not only for the excellent buffet but especially for the way you are being served. To relax go to the poolside where it is good be also due to the staff. To end the day the Long Bar is the perfect place. Again because of the attentive and friendly staff.
Not to forget the room boy who made it always a pleasure to return to a clean room.
The congierge and the receptionists not to forget. Great service.
Thanks to you all for making it difficult to say goodbye after 3 weeks.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Louis A
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Louis A,

Thank you for taking the time to once again write about your most recent stay experience with us.

I'm very happy to learn that Fairmont Makati is your hotel of choice whenever your travels take you to the city.

I'm glad that your dining experience at Spectrum is always enjoyable and the Long Bar never fails to cap your day perfectly.

I wish to extend to you my sincerest thanks for never failing to show appreciation and commend the service provided by our hotel collagues. Thank you for recongizing their hard work and professionalism. I'll also make sure that our Concierge and Front Desk teams receive your positive feedback about them.

I can assure you that it's difficult for our hotel colleagues to say goodbye to you as well. However, we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Until then.

Zuerich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is spacious and modern, the staff is really extraordinary helpful and attentive. We had a nice day in the spa and ordered room service, also in the executive lounge and at the breakfast everything was just perfect. Even after I had forgot some shoes they organised it to be sent back home to me!
I can really not say anything bad about this hotel and would recommend it to everyone travelling to Manila.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank CristinaJ837
Dear CristinaJ837,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay experience with us and found everything wonderful.

I'm also happy to learn that you had a nice spa treatment at Willow Stream and consider your experience at the Fairmont Gold Lounge and breakfast at Spectrum at par with perfection.

I'm delighted we could be of help to the return of your shoes.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I hope you will consider staying at Fairmont Makati again should your travels take you back to Manila.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We spent the last night of our Philippines trip here at the Fairmont and it was wonderful. the staff very quickly know your name & are all very helpful, concierge was most helpful with airline confirmations etc. Our room was amazing and such a comfy bed, room was very quiet although work going on in the area, fab bathroom amenities as well. We took the extra package which gave us free lounge access for afternoon tea ( we just missed this), champagne & hors d'oevres from 6 - 9 and you can get little mini puds & coffee from 9 - 11, we had hand made chocs delivered to our room at least 16 of them, oh my, just delicious. We enjoyed buffet breakfast in the morning, which was superb, my hubby even had a fresh coconut to start, the choice was excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms look amazing
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taylortowers
Dear Taylortowers,

I'm delighted to learn that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us. I'm happy that we were able to cap your exciting trip to the Philippines with an enjoyable stay.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the additional amenities and exclusive privileges offered at the Fairmont Gold Lounge. It's unfortunate that you missed afternoon tea. However, it's another reason for you to come back and stay with us once again.

Thank you for commending the breakfast at Spectrum. I'll make sure our Executive Chef receives your positive comment.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Fairmont Makati soon!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

A very good business hotel in the Makati area. 30 meters to the Green belt area means that food and shopping is just a quick walk away. I would have given it 5 stars if house keeping was up to par. They forgot to refill my shampoo and left me with only 1 clean towel on the second day of my stay.

Love all the soundbar for the TV and the many power sockets around the room.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dustbusters
Dear Dustbusters,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay experience.

I'm glad to learn that you find Fairmont Makati as a very good business hotel, thanks for the commendation. However, I'm disappointed to find out that you were not able to receive the quality service our Housekeeping team usually provides.

There might have been a lapse in our service and I have shared your concern with our Executive Housekeeper so this kind of incident will not happen again.

I do hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you once again in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family and i stayed here overnight in this one year old hotel to celebrate the New Year. It is ideally located next to major malls, department stores within the country's major commercial/business district in Makati City.

From the outside, the building looks like an imposing structure but it actually shares the property with Raffles Hotel and a good number of floors are privately-owned condominium units. For a Fairmont property, i expected it to be more grand. I find the lobby to be small and the common areas quite cramped. This goes the same for their main restaurant, Spectrum. I find this hotel more suited for the business traveler.

The Fairmont room that we got was well-furnished with ample space and with a king-size bed. It had all the usual amenities like a refrigerator and had free wifi. The bathroom is big and well-laid out. We got a rollaway bed for free just to make sure my family (2 adults and 2 kids) get a good night sleep. The room supervisor even came over to make sure we settled in well. I saw their gym and a small but nicely-designed swimming pool. Security is good and all the staff we encountered were courteous. Room rates are competitive with the other hotels in the area and in its type of class.

For first time travelers to Manila, i would recommend this hotel as it is located in one of the more safer places to walk around and explore the local scene. It is also only a few kilometers from the international airport.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TonyHyndman
Dear TonyHyndman,

I hope you and your family had a wonderful New Year celebration with us.

I wish to thank you for recommending Fairmont Makati to first time travelers to Manila. While our structure is smaller in scale compared to the other hotels in the area, I appreciate that you recognized our efforts to be an oasis in the heart of the city where our guests can getaway to relax.

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience. I do hope you can return to Fairmont Makati with your family soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

i just got back from my trip to the Philippines and stayed at Fairmont Hotel in Makati twice at different times. i thought i give this hotel a shout out the staff deserves. I have not been so pleased with customer service than any other visit except with my stay at Fairmont. The staff is the best. They are all very attentive and friendly from the security as you enter the space, to the door staff to the front desk staff and the housekeeping. Their communication skill is impressive. This aspect is very important to me as i feel that so many precious time is wasted when communication is not at par. To top it all , it is just across Landmark and Greenbelt area for shopping and dining. I will definitely come back and stay there again. it is like second home when i am in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Happy C
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Happy C,

Thank you very much for the shoutout to our hotel colleagues! I'm glad my team were able to provide you a wonderful stay experience during your trip in the Philippines.

I thank you for taking the time to share and express your appreciation and gratitude for their efforts and professionalism. I'm happy to learn that they all made you feel welcomed.

I look forward to your next stay at Fairmont Makati - your second home in Manila. See you soon.