“Just about everything is perfect”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Makati
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Just about everything is perfect”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed in the Fairmont Makati City for about a week during May 2014 for business purposes.

Had a twin room on six floor. It is advicable to ask for a room on a higher floor given street noise levels. My colleague had a room on the third floor AND close to the roadside and was woken many many times by cars, motors and even people screaming. I slept like a baby, despite being very noise sensitive!

Room 614 was very spacious with:
- large king size twin bed, matress being bit soft to my liking.
- a well equiped desk (power outlets, network connections and everything you would need to connect your laptop to the TV).
- mini bar (pricey for Philipine context)
- very spacious bathroom
- of course air conditioned (very well tuneable)

The marble bathroom had a full length bath, a seperate shower (with glass door) and separate WC (with blinded glass door). All very modern and very clean. Ammenities being refilled every day, I might have only missed some shower gel.

Breakfast and Internet were included in my room rate. Internet was fine using wifi, but did not work while using cable. Breakfast buffet (and a la carte) is just splendid with everything you could wish for: fresh coconuts with a straw to sip from, breads, juices, cakes, a cook would even make you a complete Mongolian meal.

I did not visit/use the gym or spa.

The kindness and service of the hotel is mindblowing, to me even to the point of being too much. Having to hear and say "hello, good morning" to 15 staff (because they greeted you actually real friendly) before reaching the breakfast room is.......well.

Anything to whish for in this hotel? Well just details:
- lift are very well secured using your room key card (you are only allowed to access the floor you stay on). However: how do I get to my friends/colleagues staying on another floor? I had to ask hotel staff to take me there!
- even after 7 nights I had not figured out how to switch all the lights from the (otherwise very handy!!) bedside control panel.
- business center is not free of charge, though not expensive

I would return here without even thinking and would recommend the hotel to everybody traveling to Manila. Makati is a nice and safe place to be for doing business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear MKnops,

I'm glad that you selected Fairmont Makati to be your home during your week-long business trip in Manila. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thank you for describing our guest room with such graciousness and kind words. I'm glad you had a comfortable and restful experience.

I'm also happy to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and amenities. I have taken note of the challenges you experience with our Internet service. Should you face such trouble again on your next stay with us, please feel free to call Royal Service and a representative from our IT team will be more than happy to assist.

I also wish to thank you for your recommendations. I will share your inputs with the rest of the concerned departments for review.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share with us your experience at Fairmont Makati. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Makati.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This place lives up to its reputation. Everything you expect from a 5 star hotel. Service, location , food. Club room is excellent value. You get full breakfast, afternoon tea and evening hors d'oeurves.

Room Tip: Join their fairmont club to get free internet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear cysison,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to learn that we didn't disappoint and everything that you expected from a luxury hotel was met.

I'm glad that you consider your stay in our Fairmont Gold Room as great value. Were you able to experience our Golden Lullaby? From 9:00 p.m. until 12 midnight, we serve our Fairmont Gold guests a delicious array of home-made desserts.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Korea
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is most recommendable hotel in Manila, Philippines. Very luxurious, friendly, well located hotel for your stay at Makati. It is very close to major shopping malls in Makati. Moreover, We can experience various restaurants in the hotel. First of all, we can feel the values on when we visit Fairmont Makati.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

3 Thank Kyungbok N
Dear Kyungbok N,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay experience at Fairmont Makati.

I wish to thank you for your gracious kind words. I'm glad that you find our location convenient, our service friendly and our facilities luxurious.

I'm also delighted to learn that you took the time to dine in our restaurants. Which one did you enjoy most?

It was a pleasure to have you with us. Please do keep us in mind on your next visit to Manila.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I really recommend staying in this hotel, specially if you are staying at the fairmont makati gold club or presidential club. location is really close to green belt and to other shopping areas, plenty of good restaurant are also close by

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kod212,

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Makati as the hotel to stay in while in the city.

I hope you enjoyed the exclusive privileges and service offered at the Fairmont Gold Lounge.

On your next business trip, I hope you will keep us in mind.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review. I hope to welcome you back soon.

San Juan, Philippines
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Fairmont hotel was our best hotel experience in Manila and that I will surely recommend to all my friends and relatives. This luxurious hotel made my vacation superb experience. Your money will be spent with a great value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jun L,

I'm glad we were able to provide you an exceptional stay.

Thank you very much for putting Fairmont Makati in such high regards. And, thank you as well for your recommendation, we would be delighted to welcome your family and friends.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Took the family here in a weekend. Check if they have promos usually over the weekend.

This new hotel have set the bar for 5-star accommodations in the CBD.

All have needed renovations some time. Calling Mandarin & Hotel Intercon.

Though the rooms and amenities are really designed for business travelers, you can take advantage of the proximity of shopping in Greenbelt and Landmark.

The room did not include breakfast. But Mentora Cafe is nearby and you have other choices in Glorietta.

Overall, this was an excellent Staycation!

Stayed May 2014
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear pinoy_kibitzer,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We're very thankful for your gracious compliments. To be new and already be regarded as the hotel who sets the bar in the hospitality industry in the city is very heartwarming and motivating.

On your next stay with us, please feel free to explore the room packages in our website. Apart from breakfast, there are other offerings that include spa treatments and dining experiences.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback. Please do keep us in mind on your next staycation in Makati.

London
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I travel regularly to Manila for work and so have stayed in a few hotels in Makati. This is the one I will be returning to from now on. Great room, fantastic breakfast, excellent service and a convenient location all at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank poptastic
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear poptastic,

You know it's a good day when a guest considers you his/her favorite. Thank you very much for sharing such heart-warming and pleasant news with us.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback. We all look forward to your next visit.