Stayed in the Fairmont Makati City for about a week during May 2014 for business purposes.
Had a twin room on six floor. It is advicable to ask for a room on a higher floor given street noise levels. My colleague had a room on the third floor AND close to the roadside and was woken many many times by cars, motors and even people screaming. I slept like a baby, despite being very noise sensitive!
Room 614 was very spacious with:
- large king size twin bed, matress being bit soft to my liking.
- a well equiped desk (power outlets, network connections and everything you would need to connect your laptop to the TV).
- mini bar (pricey for Philipine context)
- very spacious bathroom
- of course air conditioned (very well tuneable)
The marble bathroom had a full length bath, a seperate shower (with glass door) and separate WC (with blinded glass door). All very modern and very clean. Ammenities being refilled every day, I might have only missed some shower gel.
Breakfast and Internet were included in my room rate. Internet was fine using wifi, but did not work while using cable. Breakfast buffet (and a la carte) is just splendid with everything you could wish for: fresh coconuts with a straw to sip from, breads, juices, cakes, a cook would even make you a complete Mongolian meal.
I did not visit/use the gym or spa.
The kindness and service of the hotel is mindblowing, to me even to the point of being too much. Having to hear and say "hello, good morning" to 15 staff (because they greeted you actually real friendly) before reaching the breakfast room is.......well.
Anything to whish for in this hotel? Well just details:
- lift are very well secured using your room key card (you are only allowed to access the floor you stay on). However: how do I get to my friends/colleagues staying on another floor? I had to ask hotel staff to take me there!
- even after 7 nights I had not figured out how to switch all the lights from the (otherwise very handy!!) bedside control panel.
- business center is not free of charge, though not expensive
I would return here without even thinking and would recommend the hotel to everybody traveling to Manila. Makati is a nice and safe place to be for doing business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Makati's prestigious commercial business, the luxurious Fairmont Makati is a hotel with 280 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites including Fairmont Gold - our exclusive lifestyle hotel experience. This luxury Makati City hotel features six restaurants and lounges, over 1,700 sq m of versatile meeting and function space, including a 859 square meter ballroom accommodating up to 720 diners. Relax and re-energize in hotel's Willow Stream Spa, one of the city's most luxurious retreats, or the adjacent fitness center and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Makati Metro Manila, Philippines