“Classy Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Perth
“Classy Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2014

I stayed for 2 night in this hotel under my boss' name as we conduct recruitment last Aug 2014.

The lobby wasn't that big but the ambience and the smell is really splendid. This is very close to Glorietta and I was advised that there are under passages in the hotel to the shopping malls. We opt not to use it as my boss is a bit uncomfortable with under passages. There are CCTV's within that area but I feel safer walking in Global City. If you need a lot of shopping then this is the best hotel to stay. All big malls are closeby, and unlike Global City, this is where you can find stuff cheaper than Global City.

Breakfast - it is php 1300++ (not included in php 11k+/- per night) I would say is over priced for the taste in addition that Menu selection was just half of Heat (EdsaShangrila). Staff are friendly and helpful too.

Business Lounge - My boss stayed at 7th floor (I was on the 3rd) I would say I prefer the business lounge than the restaurant when it comes to food. In here, they serve light snack on soup spoons that is tasty and satisfying. There are also unlimited and fair selection of beverages that you can't compare than that of the restaurant. The ambience in the lounge is pleasant and the staff are accommodating.

Room - I love the room. I am not sure about the size but the only thing I found different from my boss' room from mine is that oh so wonderful and comfy office chair; and espresso coffee maker.

The room is big and it has high ceiling which is different from other 5 star hotels. The bed and pillows were so comfortable (I chose soft pillows). The baby's cot is waaay better than all other hotels in manila and my baby loved the baby pillows as we'll. (my husband and baby stayed with me on the second night). The phone, electrical outlets and the switches are modern. The room is classy.

Bathroom - the bathroom is classy and spacious. The overhead shower is what I love in it. Even the quality of the slippers is the best I've seen so far. (They should provide L'occitane for toiletries dusit Thani does).

Pool - the Fairmont hotel pool was under construction so the husband and the toddler used the Raffles one and they enjoyed it. It was clean according to the husband.

Business Center - is small but cheaper rates (printing etc.) than Shangrila.

I love this hotel and will definitely come back! Staff are very considerate, helpful and accommodating (until 5pm late check out) thank you.

Room Tip: 7th floor Gold - choose the business lounge access than buffet breakfast. Business lounge access is...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LouisM07
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear LouisM07,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us the experiences you enjoyed most during your stay at Fairmont Makati. Your review is enjoyable to read and also provided a good insight on how we are serving our guests.

I'm glad that you enjoyed breakfast and find our colleagues at Spectrum helpful. I'm also delighted to learn that you had a great time at the Fairmont Gold Lounge and find the exclusive privileges offered there a great value for money.

I'm happy that you had a restful and comfortable stay with us. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and your family.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

The room we stayed in is perfect for a business trip due to the presence of a huge study table where one can work comfortably. I really enjoyed the internet because for Philippine standards, their internet speed is way way above average.

The bed is really comfortable and relaxing. The bathroom is excellent.

The food during the breakfast buffet is very delicious and there are a lot of choices. We had a hard time choosing what food we are going to eat due to our limited stomach space. Everything is worth trying.

The gym is very nice, all the basic equipment and machines are there.

During night time we relaxed and drank a bit in the Long Bar and I like the ambience because it is very chill.

Location is great because it is right beside malls and right smack in the middle of the business district.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vivian Marie A
Dear Vivian Marie A,

I'm glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us. I'm also delighted that you were able to get some work done due to the quality of our Internet connection.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our breakfast spread. The difficulty on choosing what to eat first due to the varied selection is always a good problem to have. I'm glad you had an enjoyable dining experience.

It's great to learn as well that you were able to insert some down time in your schedule and unwind at the Long Bar.

Thank you very much for your feedback and please do keep us in mind on your next business trip.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Living up to its reputation, fairmont offers fabulous accomodation with great service. . what's more is that it's located in the heart of the city.. surrounded by many nearby malls like Glorietta, it provides a shopping haven for you shopaholics... the wide spread breakfast buffet is worth trying.. overall is fantastic.. juz a little pricy..

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gabriel N
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Gabriel N,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad to learn that we were able to meet your expectations.

I wish to thank you for describing our guest rooms as fabulous and our service great. Always a delight to receive such wonderful feedback. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. I will make sure to tell our chefs your kind words.

I hope to welcome you and your friends back soon. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Fairmont Makati.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Room where we stayed is spacious and big enough for a family of four. Only complaint, which is very minor, is that the writing table has no table lamp. Couldn't use it for paperworks at night. Pool is very nice and has a big area deep and safe enough for kids. Staff are very courteous and will always ask if we need more assistance before leaving. Though location is polluted, it's at the heart of Makati CBD where everything (shopping and restaurants) is accessible by walking. Parking is complimentary and Wi-Fi is free and fast. My family love it and will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joanne S
Dear Joanne S,

We're excited to learn that you and your family will be coming back. I'm happy to learn that you all had a wonderful stay with us.

I'm delighted that your entire family and a comfortable stay in our guest room. I will take note of the lack of table lamp on the working desk. This is part of the regular set-up in all our guest rooms. I will make sure to investigate on what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words on the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad they were able to take care of your needs during your stay.

Once again, I wish to thank you for your valuable and positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Amazing ambiance, relaxing music. What a wonderful experience last night at the pool bar. I would like to commend Francis for making such a unique concoctions, being so attentive and the huge smile on his face. Keep it up!

• Stayed September 2014
2 Thank stokednica
Dear stokednica,

Thank you for describing your recent stay experience at Fairmont Makati as excellent and superb. I'm glad we were able to provide you a memorable and wonderful time.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback, especially for your praises for Francis. I will make sure he receives your commendation.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

The hotel frontdesk personnel checked us in swiftly and was very accommodating. Fairmont Makati opened in Dec 2012 and is equipped with the usual amenities like flat screen TV, safe, hair dryer, not to forget the umbrella, which can come in handy since Manila has the rainy season almost half of the year. I especially liked the bathroom for its ample space and individual glass doors for the toilet and shower for extra privacy. However, it was surprising to find the lavatory faucet handle or lever already loose. We had a deluxe room which housed, I would only assume, a king sized bed. The mattress and pillows were comfortably soft. The room didn't run short of clocks. There was one on top of the side table and the master switch on the other which also has international time. If there's one thing about Fairmont Hotel that they could boast about is their location. It is just walking distance to Glorietta and Greenbelt malls where one can drink, dine, and shop without having to worry about their ride back to the hotel. Overall, the hotel may be a bit pricey, but you pay for the reputation and location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TereMarta
Dear TereMarta,

ThanI appreciate learning about the experiences you enjoyed most during your stay, thank you for sharing them with us.

I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the amenities provided in your room. Thank you for bringing to our attention the condition of the faucet in your bathroom. We have already relayed this feedback to our Engineering team so they ensure the quality of our facilities.

I'm delighted to learn that you find our location convenient. Which nearby attractions did you get to visit? I hope you had a wonderful time exploring the city.

I hope you and your friends will keep us in mind on your next travel. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The staff at this hotel showed me the best customer service I have ever received. I was staying on the gold level floor which was definitely worth the extra money.

Staff were very informative on what to do in the city an helped us to plan a night out on the vibrant town. They also helped us book part of our trip to one of the Islands. Really the staff at this hotel are such a value to them!

Our room was very nice, had an amazing sleep on their bed.

Saying so my friend and I got very sick on our last night after eating in the gold lounge. I informed the staff but nothin was said. Unfortunately my friend and I spent the last night up all night and did not get any sleep.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Kalen L
Dear Kalen L,

I'm glad that your overall stay with us was wonderful and that it was the service of our hotel colleagues that made your experience worth the value for money.

I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Fairmont Gold Lounge. And yes, I do agree with you that its the people working in our hotel that sets us apart. Thank you for commending them.

While I'm happy to learn that you have a great time, I'm quite concerned that you weren't assisted when you and your friend got sick. Please allow me to investigate what happened. Trust that the comfort of our guests is of utmost importance to us. I would like to get more details on the incident so I may be of service to you accordingly. Please feel free to send me an email at james.bevans@fairmont.com.

Thank you Kalen and I look forward to hearing from you.