“Luxury, Satisfaction and a warm welcome smile”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Raffles Makati is a remarkable hotel which (although pricy) is a fantastic place. The staff spoil you and the facuilities are excellent. Like all Philippinos, the people make the difference and bend over backward to be helpful, pleasant and supportive. Be prepared to smile!

Room Tip: This is a high-end hotel. All rooms are great and well equipped. The staff are remarkable and all wi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Acton,

I'm glad that we were able to look after your every need during your stay. It was our pleasure!

I wish to thank you for commending the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm very lucky to be working with such a gracious and friendly team. They are very passionate in providing quality service to our guests, I'm inspired by them every day. And yes, it's a very happy workplace as the smiling never stops.

Thank you once again for sharing with us your stay experience, I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Makati, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Raffles a luxurious oasis in the centre of Makati, is perfectly located within 2 mins walking distance of the infamous green belt & close to the main highway for day trips, the ideal spot to explore they city and beyond.
Prior to arriving we received an introductory welcome letter, outlining the hotels facilities and asking for our preferences with respect to bedding, dietary requirements, and whether we had any special requests or required spa or tour bookings. We were greeted on arrival not only with a welcome drink but by our butler who offered to unpack our luggage.
Our wonderfully appointed large junior suite was heavenly, from the enormous king sized bed with fine Egyptian cotton linen and feather pillows, to the large mobile free standing bath. The house keeping staff were particularly meticulous with both the daytime and evening room service and gave us a very heartfelt farewell when we finally left, as due to Typhoon Haiyan our onward journey was interrupted and so we extended our stay twice.
The hotel offers a very well equipped 24 hour fitness gym with the latest cardiovascular exercise machines, two our door swimming pools on separate floors, and a lovely spa with a variety of massage and beauty treatments.
Breakfast caters for all dietary whims, the staff were genuinely attentive and keen to please as were the knowledgable concierge team and reception staff. Afternoon tea in the Writers Library and evening cocktails were definite highlights not to be missed, as is discarding peanut shells in the Long Bar.
Raffles in Makati is a unique experience, one I would strongly recommend whether you are in Manila to relax and unwind or wanting to explore the city.

Room Tip: All are exceptional
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Penny M

Dear Penny,

Thank you very much for recommending Raffles Makati in your review, you are too kind. I'm glad that you find your stay experience with us unique and enjoyable.

I wish to thank you for giving us positive feedback on your overall stay. I'm happy to learn that you find our suite comfortable and that our recreational facilities were able to provide you relaxation. I'm also glad to know that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel taken care of during your stay with us.

I do hope that on your next travel back to Manila, you will consider making Raffles Makati your home away from home once again.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Raffles is a relatively new hotel in the Philippines, supposedly rated 7stars, and located very near the malls, business centers, and other attractions. Lobby is understated but the suites, which occupy only 2 flrs in the building are excellent. Suite amenities are very good, with a roomy layout and restful ambiance. Breakfast, afternoon tea, and a pre-dinner reception are included in the price, but unfortunately, I was able to sample the breakfast only. There is a good selection of foods - Chinese, English, American, Filipino, cheese and cold cuts - and they even serve an excellent Eggs Benedict, with the poached egg's yolk soft but not runny. Service is outstanding, with friendly & helpful staff who do call you by name. Definitely a good option in its price range.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank ChaoSev

Dear Chao,

Thank you for your very positive feedback on our suites and amenities. I'm glad that you had restful stay with us.

I wish to thank you as well for commending the service of our hotel colleagues, I'm happy that they were able to make you feel comfortable and well looked after.

Hopefully on your next stay with us, you will be able to try the Afternoon Tea and evening cocktails at Writers Bar for a complete Raffles stay experience.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in early October and found hotel location to be the best. We stayed in a 1 BR executive suite which was the best room I had stayed in considering I have been travelling to Manila several times a year for the last 20 years.It is pure luxury.
My only complaints would be there was some construction during our stay which we where not notified of however this was quickly address and we where happy to stay and not check out. Also although check in was prompt I was diappointed due to mthe following. Onced check in at our suite we where told our butler would be up to explain room amenities and answer any questions. the butler never arrived and we never saw a butler for our any of our stay.
I do normally stay at the Shangri La however due to the Shang being a little dated I will still book into this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don C

Dear Don,

Thank you for staying at Raffles Makati, we are always delighted to welcome new guests. I wish to thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us and I'm glad that your overall stay was comfortable and wonderful.

I was saddened to learn that you weren't extended a butler service during your stay. I apologise for this lapse and have already relayed this concern to our Rooms Division team for investigation. On you next stay with us, I'll make sure that you receive our legendary Raffles butler service.

I hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday with a weekend stay at Raffles Makati recently.
The hotel is perfectly situated at the Ayala Center. It is flanked by Greenbelt and Glorietta Malls but maintains a quiet ambiance.
The hotel staff and management made our stay extra special. They surprised us with a room upgrade from a junior suite to an executive suite. It was one beautiful corner suite indeed! It was spacious and elegantly decorated, yet very comfortable and made us felt at home. There was even a lovely birthday cake and greeting card for my husband.
The staff handled everything - check-in/check-out, high tea, evening cocktails, breakfast, room service, and lunch with our family - flawlessly. We felt absolutely pampered.
Thank you, Raffles Makati, for giving us a wonderful experience. We could not have asked for more.

CD

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clarizza D
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Clarizza,

Wishing your husband a belated happy birthday.

Thank you very much for celebrating his special day at Raffles Makati. It always gives us great pleasure to be part of our guests' special occasions. I'm glad that my hotel colleagues were able to make it extra special for him and your family.

I wish to thank you as well for giving kind and generous feedback on our accommodations, service and facilities. I'm glad that you enjoyed your culinary experience with us. On your next visit, whether your celebrating an occasion or not, I recommend that you try the Luxe Sunday Brunch at Spectrum. It's a wonderful gourmet adventure suited for the entire family!

Thank you once again for your positive feedback. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you want to stay in a trendy place in Manila in a luxury hotel choose Raffles. One of the best i stayed and problably the best hotel in Manila. Everything is perfect, the room, the staff. Best of the best

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank sergiocintra

Dear Sergio,

Thank you very much for your kind words about Raffles Makati, they are much appreciated.

I'm glad that we were able to provide you the best hotel stay experience during your visit to Manila. To be considered as perfection and referred to as your personal best is very humbling, we are honoured.

Thank you once again and we look forward to providing you the same level of service, and even better, on your next stay at Raffles Makati.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Truly a magnificent hotel. Location is literally adjacent to the Ayala Center shopping complex, so everything is accessible and is only a few minutes walk away.

Service by the front staff is top-notch, especially the fact that they acknowledge all guests. Every time I stepped through the front door, they always greeted me by my name, preceded with the prefix, "Sir", which always gave me that sense of comfort and security.

The room amenities are amazing. For the high price tag, it's definitely worth the money. The bedroom and the miniature living room are separate, but each with their own large LCD TV. In the living room were an espresso machine and a complimentary set of self-brew packets. The dining area shared the same space as the living room and on the table were bits of complimentary sweets.

The bedroom is grand. The large, king-size bed is huge and the comfortable pillows and sheets are something you could literally sink into. It felt like sleeping on a cloud.

The walk-in closet was complete with an electronic safe, laundry bag, and other amenities. It also served as a hallway to the bathroom, which also had its sense of luxury. It really felt like a millionaire's abode.

I only stayed a night, so I wasn't able to completely experience the hotel's facilities, however I availed of the complimentary breakfast buffet, which was wonderful. The variety of international choices is broad and tasteful. It is also rare to have breakfast at a place that serves actual orange juice instead of Tang.

Overall, my stay at the Raffles Makati was amazing. Despite my short stay in Manila (4 days) and a tight budget, I opted to stay at this hotel for one night. For the experience. But I must say that that experience was grand.

Thanks to Joyce B. for helping me with a showroom on a previous visit to Manila. After seeing what the Raffles had to offer, I knew I wanted to experience a night at this hotel. Back in the US, Joyce helped me with the booking, which was a breeze, and months later, I'm back in Manila and I'm staying at the best hotel in Makati. If you're in Manila and you're looking for the amenities of pure luxury, try the Raffles. You won't regret it.

*Don't forget to tip the staff!*

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alex R
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Raffles Makati. It's always a pleasure to get feedback from our guests.

I'm glad that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel welcomed and at home throughout your stay. I'm also delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at your suite and enjoyed all the in-room amenities.

On your next travel to Manila, I hope you would stay with us longer so that you can fully enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We would be delighted to welcome you back and look after you once again.

I will share with Joyce your kind words about her. Thank you for commending her efforts.

Thank you once again for your very positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon in the not too distant future.