“Will definitely go back!! :)”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Will definitely go back!! :)”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

super friendly and accomodating staffs. the rooms and hotels have amazing interiors and amenities. the rooms are huge and very comfortable to stay in :)
we will definitely go back and refer to more friends!! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank karensio
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear karensio,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad that your overall impression of Raffles Makati is amazing. I'm very happy to hear that you'll stay with us again in the near future.

It's very kind of you to refer us to your friends -- thank you for that!

Next time you long for another staycation, I hope Raffles Makati will remain top of mind.

Thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Dhahran
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very nice place to be in, you feel at home. Very clean and located in a very secure area. The staff in this hotel are very friendly and waiting to help at in any time.
It is a wonderful place for a honeymoon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Sulaiman A
Dear Sulaiman A,

I wish to thank you for your fantastic feedback.

I'm delighted that we were able to make you feel right at home. Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our facilities and most of all, our hotel colleagues. I'm glad that they were able to assist you with your needs and made you feel well looked after during your stay.

I couldn't agree more that Raffles Makati is also suited to honeymooners apart from leisure and business travelers.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel does a good job with limited space in a crowded metro area. Only 32 rooms and 8 (+1) suites. Yet still manages to give an elegant, sumptuous, tasteful charm with its whole being.

Food was OK to good. Room service food quality needs work. That was fine since Greenbelt/landmark mall was just across the street.

But what makes me rave is; I was shocked at just how good the service was. I had heard that it was good, but didn't expect just how good. I have stayed at 5 star hotels across the US and Asia, but most of the 5 star chains can't compare. Not Shangri-La, nor Ritz-Carlton nor Langham. Only Trump service was comparable. A great hotel anticipates what you need. This hotel knew what I needed before I knew what I needed. During this March trip, I stayed at two Shangs (Manila and Boracay) and Raffles, and the service crew of the Raffles went out on top. And it wasn't close.

Room Tip: 9th floor is convenient for the gorgeous pool. I stayed at both the Junior Suite and Executive suite...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JamieChu
Dear JamieChu,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Raffles Makati.

I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and consider our service to be one of the best. We're honoured and humbled by your gracious commendations.

Thank you for placing such high regards for our hotel colleagues. I'm truly fortunate to be working with a group of hoteliers who are very passionate and dedicated to providing an exceptional stay experience for our guests.

On your next visit to the Philippines, I hope you and your family will consider making Raffles Makati your home away from home again.

Thank you for your positive and kind review. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the raffles hotel in manila, the rooms are nices.. but the cleaners always missed things..
the hotel only as 1 restaurant which is quite sad, with the size of the hotel..
the food does need improving .... when theirs a event if your stay in the hotel you will pay more than people who will visit from the out side get a better deal..

Room Tip: always view many rooms to decided which room is better for you
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank richie_uk2
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear richie_uk2,

I appreciate hearing from you and wish to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive as it helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges.

I am saddened to learn that you were not fully satisfied with our housekeeping service and the food provided in our dining outlets. We will look into this immediately and make the appropriate adjustments as needed.

In regards to having only one dining outlet, I'm happy to share that we are currently developing a plan to add a fine dining restaurant at Raffles Makati. This is will be in the near future.

Once again, I wish to thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Booked an overnight to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our package included High Tea for 2, Cocktails & Buffet Breakfast. The Tea package had enough food for 4 persons. The buffet breakfast had a good selection. Missed out on the cocktails as we had dinner out of the hotel with friends. The suite was very clean with a super comfortable bed and different kinds of pillows. Special touches like chocolates in the room upon arrival and a birthday cake made our day! We will definitely stay here again. Only down side is the noise from the street as we were on the Makati Ave side.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Alsq
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Alsq,

I hope your husband had a wonderful birthday celebration with us. I wish to thank you for choosing to spend it with us, we're happy to be part of such an important milestone.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the inclusions of your stay. I understand that you missed out on the evening cocktails. I'd like to think that it's a reason for you to come back and stay with us once again.

Thank you very much for your gracious feedback and I hope to welcome you and your husband back to Raffles Makati soon.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I could not have asked for anything more from Raffles Makati during my stay. The most noticeable thing about it was the enthusiasm of their staff, many tried to remember my name throughout the stay and they seemed proud to be providing such an excellent level of service no matter whether it was something expected or special requests/issues. I stayed in an Exec. Suite which was enormous and well appointed. Both Writers and Long Bar had attentive staff and a good selection of wines, I also enjoyed the entertainment in Long Bar one night when I was there.

Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jake M
Dear Jake M,

I wish to thank you for recognizing the passion and enthusiasm of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad that their service provided you a wonderful stay experience.

I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our Executive Suite and had a great time at both Writers Bar and Long Bar.

I hope to welcome you back to Raffles Makati on your next visit to Manila.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Hotel is located in CBD Makati, right across Landmark and Greenbelt3 shopping mall. It is part of the Fairmont building and both have separate entrances. I had the advantage of staying in Fairmont Gold/Club room two months prior, and must say i preferred the service level in Fairmont.
Raffles room is excellent, large, beautiful, but what is missing is cables to connect to the AV/TV unlike what Fairmont had. The so called service level was also disappointing on many accounts- phone call to the operator went unanswered; called for the butler service but had to wait for super long; and worst was when i asked for tea one evening, as the ones in the room was not replenished. Was sent some teas and was told housekeeping would refill the next day. Alas, this was not done the next day. Asked again for tea to be sent during turndown, and request was not fulfilled; had to call for tea once more. However I requested for a specific flavor; of which my request was not granted. I have never been truly more disappointed.
The breakfast served in Spectrum together with other Fairmont guests- service horrid. Raffles being exclusive, I would have expected this to be surpassing Fairmont Gold level of service.
Nevertheless, I will give Raffles group another chance this weekend, as I am trying out the Raffles in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank williamlye
Dear williamlye,

I'm glad that you had a comfortable experience in our suite. I understand that your stay would have been more convenient if the cable were provided to you. We will take note of your preference to ensure that such is provided on your next stay.

I'm saddened to hear about the challenges you experienced with our service. Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognize our strengths and areas of challenges. I have taken note of your comments and I will make sure that they are relayed to the concerned department heads so that such incidents will not happen again.