“Great hotel except...”

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Makati
“Great hotel except...”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Great location across from anything you could need or want at SM Makati, Green Belt and Glorietta, just to name a few.

Staff is the most friendly of any hotel I have stayed at. Every Raffles employee I have spoken with has impressed me with their level of service and has gone out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

However my in room wifi has been an uphill struggle. Other colleagues and myself who are android users have had a constant battle with access to wifi. The I.T. staff continues to be unable to solve the issue.

Despite the above, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury stay in Makati.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank John B
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear John B,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your wonderful experience at Raffles Makati.

I'm glad that you find our location convenient and our suite comfortable.

I also wish to thank you for taking the time to commend our hotel colleagues. I'm glad that they were able to impress you with their service and made sure that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I have taken note of your feedback on the challenges you experienced with our wireless Internet connection. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will exert more effort in finding out how we can provide our Android users guests a more convenient way to connect to our system.

Thank you once again for your inputs. Your high regards for Raffles Makati is deeply appreciated.

I hope you will keep us in mind on your next business trip.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed with my family at Raffles last Black Saturday. I was really impressed that the management had upgraded our room from deluxe to executive suite, because according to them there wasn't any available deluxe suite (my mom had already made reservations months ago). We stayed the night before at Fairmont, so they told us to just check out from Fairmont and check-in Raffles, and our luggage would be transferred to our room in Raffles. So that Saturday morning, we checked-in Raffles, and our room was ready even before 2 pm. The one who entertained us, brought us to our room, and continued to process our papers in the room, which was nice and convenient.

The executive suite, was really big and makes you feel very much at home. Since we paid for and extra adult, the housekeeping brought in an extra bed, which he set-up at our desired location. The room also had a living room with a big tv, espresso machine. There was also a writing table to work, and a dining area. The toilet was also big. and there's a walk-in closet.

I also like the complimentary morning buffet, afternoon tea and the evening cocktail. We had the afternoon tea at Writers Bar. I'd say the ambiance was great, but the food took a while before coming out. However, I do have to say that the complimentary afternoon was very generous. I thought that it would just be a small piece/s of bread. What they gave was a lot, it was an entire set and it made my entire family really really full, that we didn't even eat dinner.
Like I said, the food came out a bit slow, so we stayed at writers bar for over 2 or 3 hrs. By the time we finished the afternoon tea, it was time for the evening cocktail. We had the Singapore Sling. It also took awhile before that was served. But the service was quicker when we ordered a second round.
We also had complementary coffee at Cafe Macaron.

As for the swimming pool in Raffles, I really enjoyed it because there was less people and it was big.

I really felt that the people in Raffles were very hospitable, and I commend the service they provided though the food service part was a bit slow.

Overall, I really liked my experience in Raffles. I'd also like to thank all the staff who made my stay great. (I apologize that I don't remember their names)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kayl1828
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear kayl1828,

I'm glad that you were able to stay at both the Fairmont Makati and Raffles Makati. And, I wish to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences in both hotels.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea and evening cocktails. I do apologize for the pace of service you experienced at Writers Bar. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it will give us the opportunity to improve on our services.

I'm happy that your overall experience with your family at Raffles Makati was wonderful and it was the hospitality of our hotel colleagues that truly made it memorable.

I hope you will keep us in mind on your next staycation in the city.

Taguig
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Got the chance to do a staycation in Raffles during May 1 Holiday. It was such a treat. Brought along my 2 teenage nieces and we got to enjoy the nice ambiance and cool afternoon tea served at the Writers bar. The room was very spacious and loved all the amenities a true "Raffles" mark. The bathroom was nicely done. I would like to come back again someday to stay overnight even if i just live a stone throw away

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Annie A
Dear Annie A,

Thank you for spending your holliday break with us.

I'm glad that you and your two nieces enjoyed your stay and found delight in our Afternoon Tea tradition at Writers Bar.

I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed all the amenities and features our Raffles suite has to offer.

We hope to see more of you in the future since you live nearby -- whether for another staycation or just a dining experience at Writers Bar or Long Bar.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place is great. It's not as grand as the Shangri-La and there dinner options are not as good, but the rooms are more up to date and very stylish. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with quality food and a huge selection of both Asian and Western favorite. The service is great especially at check in. The room service could use a little help to avoid making mistake and causing delays.

Overall.... VERY Good

Room Tip: Make sure you double check the airport pick up as they missed one of mine. The pool is very nice...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Millard112
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear MillardEMJ,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Raffles Makati.

I'm glad that despite the limitation in dining options, you still consider your stay with us as one of the best in Makati. Thank you for such kind words. I'm happy to share with you that next year, we will be adding another dining facility to our pool of restaurants and bars.

Thank you for commending our breakfast offerings and for pointing out the quality of the food we serve. I will share with wonderful feedback with our Culinary team.

In regards to your experience with our in-room dining, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedbacks such as this will allow us to improve on our challenging areas. I will make sure that your valuable input will be relayed to our Food and Beverage team.

It was a pleasure to have you with us. Please do keep us in mind on your next travel to Manila.

Berwick
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Most amazing stay in any hotel I have ever experienced!
Very fortunate to be upgraded to the presidential suite.
Exceptional service, very welcoming and friendly.
The buffet breakfast is beyond belief!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Bradley F
Dear Bradley F,

I'm delighted to learn that we were able to provide you an amazing experience. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Thank you for extending such kinds words about our service and breakfast offering. I do hope you will keep us in mind on your next visit to Manila.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Navotas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

They have nice rooms and good service. Some of the lights inside the room are not working properly. For the price, the bathroom is just average. They only give one complimentary soap. They should have at least to soaps for handwashing and one for the shower. The bathroom fixtures are just average and is not in keeping with the price of the room

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Alvin D
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Alvin D,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay experience at Raffles Makati. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your suite and most especially the service provided by our hotel colleagues.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the busted lights in your suite. We will inspect the lighting condition of our accommodations and take action where needed. In regards to the availability of the soap amenity in your bathroom, please don't hesitate to request extras from our Housekeeping team. They'll be more than delighted to provide you the amenity that you need for a comfortable stay experience.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. On your next staycation in the city, I hope you will keep us in mind.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed in a junior suite at Raffles Makati for 3nights this month and I ran out of words to describe how great it was. Kristine (hope I got her name right) checked us in, she was very detailed, friendly and accommodating. The airport service, wake up call and packed breakfast were all set upon checked in. The room is very clean, overlooking Fairmont pool and Greenbelt area. The bathroom is big and I like the rain shower. I like the mini receiving area with TV and the dining table with welcome chocolates, and a esperesso machine for coffee lovers.

The best part of this room is a very comfortable king size bed that makes me sound asleep, I almost forgot I was in a hotel. The housekeeping did a great job organizing our "kikay" mess and you're all set to snooze after their turn down service. The room is on the 9th floor, few steps to the pool so it's nice to relax and take a dip on a hot summer day. The pool attendants are polite and friendly when asked to take photographs of filipinas addicted to selfies.

The Willow Stream Spa staff are also accommodating, they even remember my husband as their regular guest. The hotel has also great selections for breakfast, a big coffee mug will keep you up and going all day. Oh, I checked out at 4am and as promised a packed breakfast is delivered to the room.

I couldn't imagine that the parking and commuters terminal years back where i used to get a japanese cake before heading home after school is now Raffles and Fairmont, my new home away from home. Raffles is definitely a place to stay in Makati! We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Tikbalang
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear sutil,

We're very honoured to be considered your home away from home. I'm glad that your stay earned us nothing but kind and gracious words. Thank you very much!

I'm happy to learn that from the moment you arrived until the time you checked out, our hotel colleagues were able to take very good care of you.

I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay in our suite and that our Housekeeping team did a great job in organizing your things.

I'm also delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time at Willow Stream. I wish to thank you and your husband for your continued patronage of our spa.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you with us.

On your next visit, I hope you will keep Raffles Makati in mind.