“Gorgeous five star hotel in Makati”
Review of Raffles Makati

Raffles Makati
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at the Raffles Singapore last summer and was really looking forward to the stay here. I spent three nights at the Raffles Makati. I was upgraded to an amazing executive suite, wonderfully furnished and appointed with big windows, a great place to wait out Typhoon Glenda. It is a really beautiful hotel and in a great location at Ayala Center, a short walk to huge shopping malls and the terrific Ayala museum. The breakfast was terrific and the fitness room very good.

The service was mostly great but not quite up to the Raffles Singapore. While the butlers and staff were mostly excellent, the concierges need a little bit better training. They were very helpful most of the time, but I asked a young concierge what terminal ANA flew out of, and he told me Terminal 1 without looking it up. I trusted him, but when I got to Terminal 1, I found out it was in Terminal 3. It is a huge headache to switch terminals at Manila's airport. Also, the taxi driver that they hailed for me to take me to the airport immediately started negotiating for a fixed price. Other hotels in the Philippines write down the taxi's license number on a form to give the guest before he gets into the taxi. Maybe Raffles should do that as well.

Overall, the Raffles Makati was terrific, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank jmcneill817
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear jmcneil817,

Thank you for patronising the Raffles brand. It such a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I'm glad that we were able to provide you a tranquil stay experience amidst the typhoon. I understand that you enjoyed our suite as well as our breakfast offerings and gym.

I have taken note of your feedback on the assistance provided to you by a member of our Concierge team. I wish to apologise for the confusion as news on the transfer of certain airlines to Terminal 3 were quite new. However, this is not an excuse as information that was shared with you should have been double checked and confirmed. We will make sure that we continuously train our hotel colleagues so that they will be able to provide all our guest impeccable service.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on the metered taxis. Our standard process is to take the plate number of the taxi. Your suggestion to jot down the license number is a good suggestion which we can consider in the future.

Once again, thank you for your inputs. Feedback from our guests is the most valuable advice we can receive. It helps us recognise our strengths and areas of challenges, which then allows us to make appropriate adjustments as needed.

I hope you will keep Raffles Makati in mind on your next trip to Manila.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My boyfriend and I got to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary here and they provided us with an anniversary cake! We enjoyed every detail this hotel has to offer: lovely room, courteous and helpful staff, responsive butler, personal touches, food inclusions (not only buffet breakfast but also afternoon tea and evening cocktails).

We felt very relaxed and at home during our short stay. Though butlers were very responsive, they sometimes did not meet our expectation on some of our requests though its not really a big deal. We still felt well taken care of with their personal touches. I think the only cons we experience was when we ask for their assistance in hailing a cab for us. Though its common here in the Philippines for cab drivers to choose passengers or even ask for additional fee other than the metered rate, I just hope the management will do something about this and how to address this concern. They took quite a while to get us a cab.

Overall, we still enjoyed our stay and would want to come back if time permits. I would also recommend this to friends for their relaxing staycation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tina C
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Tina C,

Congratulations on your anniversary! Thank you very much for celebrating it at Raffles Makati. We're very honoured to be part of such a special milestone.

I'm glad we were able to make your day extra special. I'm also happy to learn that our butlers were able to take care of you during your stay. I do understand that some of your requests and expectations were not met at certain times and I wish to apologise for that. Please allow us to investigate on the challenges our butlers faced that prevented them from fulfilling your wishes.

I also took note of your inputs regarding the availability of metered taxis around the hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this.

Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends and we look forward to being of service to you again. Please do consider us again on your next staycation in Makati.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Extremely elegant facility with large well appointed rooms. Staff were very professional and helpful making sure my every need was met. My comfort on first arriving in my room was an obvious and key concern of staff.

The breakfast bar had an immense variety of good food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
7  Thank Andrew P

Dear Andrew P,

I'm glad we were able to provide you a comfortable and wonderful stay experience.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our suites and the service of our hotel colleagues. You are too gracious and kind.

I'm happy that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Were you able to try any Filipino breakfast delicacy?

Once again, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful review on Raffles Makati. I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay for 2 days and thought it was excellent value. I was impressed with the quality of the rooms and amenities when taken into context with the pricing. Given that it is a relatively new hotel, there are some things that need to be worked out, but the overall experience was great particularly coupled with the warm Filipino hospitality. There is ongoing construction in another building across the street on one side of the building so you should request the other side.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank jb871911

Dear jb871911,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thank you for giving such wonderful feedback. I'm glad that you consider your experience at Raffles Makati as a great value for money due to the special amenities included in your stay.

I wish to give you my sincerest thank you for commending the hospitality of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad they were able to make you feel welcomed and taken care of.

I hope your next travel to Manila will take you back to Raffles Makati. We all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We got 3 suites at the raffles. Noticed that each room have different layout some bigger than others. It was so comfortable and clean. The interiors are wonderful and very classy. The service was great everyone is very attentive to your needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Maria N
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Maria N,

Thank you for choosing to stay with your family at Raffles Makati. Where you in Manila for vacation? I hope it went well.

Thank you for describing our hotel as luxurious and classy. I'm glad to learn that you all had a comfortable and wonderful stay with us. Thank you as well for your kind words on the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm glad they were able to attend to your needs during your stay.

Please do keep us in mind on your next trip with your family. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business for 6 weeks. Staff was always wonderful (especially Glenda and Julius). Rooms make you feel right at home. 9th floor pool was always great. Very good service even when ordering dinner at 8 am. Thank you for making my stay as good as possible.

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Anthony W
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Anthony W,

It was a pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for making Raffles Makati your home during your business trip in Manila.

I'm glad that the service and attentiveness of our hotel colleagues made your stay comfortable and wonderful. I will make sure that Glenda and Julius receive your gracious commendation.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to the Philippines.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed at several major hotels and serviced apartments in Makati since 2006. My most recent stay was at Raffles Makati. This property is superb and truly 5 star, I consider this to be the best in Makati. I found the executive suite spacious, elegant and charming. It has a well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. Just as the photos show. The hotel has everything you need great pools, gym, spa, wi-fi, bar and restaurant. The hotel is located right amongst great shopping, restaurants at night life. I found the service and staff to be exceptional, they really go out of their way to make you feel at home and special. I would highly recommend this property for the business traveller and equally to couples or families. It is ideal for both short and longer term stays. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Vince R
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Raffles Makati, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Vince R,

To be considered as the best in Makati is an honor especially for being such a young hotel. Thank you very much for your gracious words, you are too kind.

I'm glad we were able to provide you the accommodation and amenities you needed for a comfortable stay experience. I'm most delighted to learn that it was our service that made your stay even more wonderful.

It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to your return.