“Pre-Valentine Dinner”

XO 46 Heritage Bistro
Ranked #53 of 1,350 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Philippine, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manila, Philippines
“Pre-Valentine Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

So, we went here last night because my husband was craving for Ginisang Munggo. He said that there's a restaurant near at their office that's really good. We checked their menu and prices. It was a bit pricey but we gave it a shot. We ordered Ginisang Munggo sa Gata and Inihaw na Liempo. The ginisang munggo was topped with dried fish (i dont know if it's tinapa) and their grilled liempo is enough for 3- 4 person.

The ambiance is cozy, they had a nice crew. And also, I liked their Pipino water (pantanggal-umay).

It was such a nice dinning experience and for sure, my husband and I will come back here again. I want to try their kare-kare!

• Visited February 2014

“Excellent Filipino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Loved the food. Filipino Spanish. À place where Filipino 's hang out for family dinners.Its not an elegant place but the dishes make up for it.

Visited January 2014
Makati City
“One of the best filipino restaurants in Makati”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were hesitant to go to this place since I know that it is quite pricey for a filipino dish. We gave it a try and we were never disppointed because it has superb taste. The servings is for typical filipino since their 3-4 person serving looks little. The price is a bit high but the taste of the food is surely commensurate to its price. You will forget about it anyways once you tasted their food.

• Visited August 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Quality food, quality service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times now and it has quickly become my favourite restaurant in the Philippines, but one of my favourite worldwide.

I'm a western man who lives in Asia and I often find food that i find acceptable. It is either nice but very expensive or just not the same as food back in Europe. I only initially came to this place to try it once so i could discount Filipino food for good but boy was I mistaken!

The food here is immense, every single dish I have tried is top quality and I've now eaten my way through most of the menu. The service is outstanding especially the ever reliable Hogan who always has a smile and always remembers your name!

Additionally it doesn't stop there, I recently went on a food tour 'Philippines on a Plate' at XO46. 8 courses of food charting the history of the local food which are an experience but very nice. Io found myself eating and enjoying food i know I don't like! that surely shows the quality of the cooking at this place. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AndyOgdenPH
“Huge servings of authentic local cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Xo is always a go to place for something filipino. From the high carb aligue rice, to the unconventional adobo batangas style, this place never fails to satisfy us. Food prices affordably and with a small but quaint ambiance in a secluded part of makati, we are sure to come back time and time again.

• Visited May 2013